Library scan won't detect TV show "30 Rock"
I noticed today that XBMC will not detect the show "30 Rock". I Googled around and found a few suggestions, none of which worked. I saw xexe's expanded REGEX post at the top of this forum and gave that a try to no avail. Below are the directory structures and naming techniques I have tried thus far.

\30 Rock\Season 4\30 Rock.S04E01.mkv
\30 Rock\Season 4\30.Rock.S04E01.720p.HDTV.X264.mkv
\30 Rock (Season 4)\30.Rock.S04E03.720p.HDTV.X264.mkv

Please note that the last naming convention is the one I use for all other shows, and it works just fine ("Parks and Recreation" is detected just fine, pre-xexe REGEX expansion).

Anyone else having issues with 30 Rock?
Should work fine with those names:

Code:
2:49:19 T:2955096064 M:1197060096   DEBUG: found episode based match /users/prae/desktop/test/30 rock/season 4/30.rock.s04e02.720p.hdtv.x264.mkv (s4e2) [[Ss]([0-9]+)[\.-]?[Ee]([0-9]+)([^\\/]*)$]
02:49:19 T:2955096064 M:1197056000   DEBUG: found episode based match /users/prae/desktop/test/30 rock/season 4/rock.s04e01.mkv (s4e1) [[Ss]([0-9]+)[\.-]?[Ee]([0-9]+)([^\\/]*)$]

Post a debug log of you scanning them to your library.
Is there a way to narrow my log down, or make sure the right things are being written? I looked at my debug log at first but none of the timestamps come close to the time right now and nothing appears relevant RE: library scanning.

EDIT: "lib", "scan" and "item" don't even appear in this log file.

EDIT 2: Dug through settings, found no other debug options aside from the on/off slider (which was already on). I just deleted the log files I had in %APPDATA%/XBMC and going to see if I can get new ones to create.

EDIT 3: The wiki points to the wrong spot for current log files. Posting my new log file shortly.
127KB log file on pastebin.ca. All I did was simply launch XBMC and then close it via the 'End' keyboard button after the scan dialogue on launch had disappeared. I don't know these logs as well as all of you, unfortunately, but to the untrained eye I saw nothing out of place as far as scanning goes.

EDIT: Moved file to pastebin.ca.
It doesn't seem to have scanned a 30 rock folder. Try setting the content on the 30 rock folder individually, then scanning just that folder by typing 'i'.
natethomas Wrote:It doesn't seem to have scanned a 30 rock folder. Try setting the content on the 30 rock folder individually, then scanning just that folder by typing 'i'.

Yeah, gave that a shot as one of the myriad of things I've done. Set the content to TV show on that folder and scanned it. No results. Would that create a new log?
Where in the wiki does it point to the wrong place?

EDIT: the log you pasted is from 9.04.1

Perhaps you're running in portable mode (via the -p switch) ?
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

jmarshall Wrote:Where in the wiki does it point to the wrong place?

EDIT: the log you pasted is from 9.04.1

Perhaps you're running in portable mode (via the -p switch) ?

On the log file page it points to %APPDATA%/XBMC which had some logs but nothing recent. I haven't told XBMC to run in portable mode but do remember an option during install perhaps? I might have flipped that switch then. That'd explain why it was in \Program Files\XBMC instead of where the wiki directs.
Just noticed that "The League" also wasn't getting picked up in the initial scan, either. I made sure the content was set in that folder, forced a scan with 'i' and it's loading the episode details as I type this. The naming convention for this is "\TV Shows\League, The (Season 1)\The.League.S01E01.720p.HDTV.X264.mkv" which follows the format for 30 Rock and Community (Community has always worked on initial scan, never had to do anything special to kick it in the arse like this).

EDIT: I've had some kind of success in changing scrapers. I set the content to TV for 30 Rock and had it scrape TV.com. It gave me the show "25" with no episodes in library mode and when I had it reload information it gave me a seemingly random list of shows all of which didn't include 30 Rock. All other scrapers don't seem to do even this.
im having the same problem.

put futurama in there were the folders go "tv shows >> futurama >> season 5"
then in the folder the shows are labeled "futurama.s05e01.avi" and when i scan for content its not picking it up. :S
Berserk, also posting a debug log while scanning will be helpful. Is XBMC picking up the earlier seasons and not 5, or is it not picking up anything for futurama?
Played around with it this morning and still can't get it to work. I also can't remove that "25" show from my library. When I come back from my business trip Sunday night I'm going to reorganize the directory structure of my files and see if I can start the library from scratch.
Easiest workaround would probably be to create a tvshow.nfo in the show folder:
http://www.xbmc.org/wiki/?title=Import_-...TV_Shows_2
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
EDIT: There is a good chance the library hanging I was experiencing tonight is related to TVDB.com's datacenter issues.
I'm experiencing this issue with 30 rock although some episodes are scraping properly but others are just being missed.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Library scan won't detect TV show "30 Rock"0