Camelot a2-tearing video (SOLVED)
The i is just a string - nothing to be concerned about (I've changed it in SVN so it doesn't do this "cleaning up")

1080p 24 may cause problems as you HAVE to get the frame in time - there's no wiggle room. Thus, it may in fact be worse as if you miss a frame then you're SOL until 1/24th of a second. Errors are therefore propogated much worse.

It'll have nothing to do with tearing. Tearing only occurs if vsync is not enabled.

Cheers,
Jonathan
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

Learning alot today Wink That makes alot of sense .

But as i described above, when this happens, the picture becomes less clear also. The menu for example, which is not moving, and animations are really slow too.

Sorry for all the questions, just curious as to what is actually happening, and why Wink

Anyways, with adjust framerate off, it's fine.
Yea the adjust framerate actually puts your monitor/tv into 24Hz vertical refresh rate.

As jmarshall said, there is no wiggle room for errors. Therefore, if you want to use the setting, you have to be sure that your computer is capable of rendering the video with no dropped frames whatsoever. If it can't then the best bet is to leave it off.
Windows 7 x64 Home Premium
Gigabyte MA78GM-U2SH Mainboard
ATI HD3200 Onboard
AMD 7750BE Dual-Core 4.00GB RAM
ATI HD3200 HDMI Sound
HTPC HMDI -> ONKYO TX-SR605 -> Panasonic TH-46PZ85U Plasma
punking Wrote:I had the tearing problem when using Alpha 2 with Aero turned off. When I turn Aero on my videos drop frames and become, jerky and slow. Although there is no tearing.

I'm having the same issue. Has there been a fix for this other than going back to alpha 1 temporarily?

Aero on = jerkiness and unwatchable
Aero off = tearing and unwatchable

Edit: fakefullscreen = false does seem to work somewhat as long as aero is off, although there is still the slightest tearing visible in the upper quadrant.
Could a developer give a little insight exactly what these two settings perform as the "fake fullscreen" option seems to be new with alpha2 and the beta.

When using the fake "fullscreen window, no verticle sync" I do not have tearing but if I instead use "true fullscreen" tearing takes place unless I enable "verticle blank sync while playing". I just was curious what the difference is and which is recommended (ie image quality, lower cpu resources) for Win7 running in Aero mode with a 8500gt?

thanks
I installed the beta 1 today, and found the option called "Use a fullscreen window rather than true fullscreen".

What does this option do, and what should i use for this on Win7 with aero?

I sometimes have the problem that i have to click the xbmc window before it will answer to my remote/keyboard..

Thanks
If you use Aero, then yes, using a fullscreen window should be fine.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

I think the name of this thread ought to be changed or the thread closed down. Camelot is in beta 1 now.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Camelot a2-tearing video (SOLVED)1