Ronie I need your help in Fanartview
Hello Ronie,

I made some changes to the fanart view to make the movies list shorter..
but I couldn't move to background to the bottom because I don't know which xml file to edit and I don't know the name of the PNG of the background panel.

can you please tell me the name of the image and which file to edit ?

Here is a snapshot of what I did.

Cheers
costa Wrote:Hello Ronie,

I made some changes to the fanart view to make the movies list shorter..
but I couldn't move to background to the bottom because I don't know which xml file to edit and I don't know the name of the PNG of the background panel.

can you please tell me the name of the image and which file to edit ?

Here is a snapshot of what I did.

Cheers

I'm not sure what the name of that panel is. But you will have to actually modify the background image and reposition accordingly in the xml values, not just lower. That's if you want to keep the same look of the skin.

Too many frosty beverages to assist directly right now, sorry.

Interesting mod, exposes more fanart, but you don't have a large media collection?

If I have helped you in any way, please forgive me, it was entirely accidental.
Cranial Wrote:I'm not sure what the name of that panel is. But you will have to actually modify the background image and reposition accordingly in the xml values, not just lower. That's if you want to keep the same look of the skin.

Too many frosty beverages to assist directly right now, sorry.

Interesting mod, exposes more fanart, but you don't have a large media collection?

Hi ..

I have a large collection for sure Smile .. but I want this mod to view more fanart

I'm editing the fanart view .. but I can't find the background thing to edit it !!
name of the image is panel.png.

the easiest way to do what you're after would be to move the list to the top of the panel and then slide the whole thing down.

alter this code in MyVideoNav.xml:
Code:
<animation effect="slide" start="0,0" end="700,112" time="300" tween="quadratic" easing="out" condition="!Skin.HasSetting(Animate_Skin) + [Control.IsVisible(55) | Control.IsVisible(56)] + !Skin.HasSetting(FanartShort) + !Skin.HasSetting(FanartLong)">Conditional</animation>
Do not PM or e-mail Team-Kodi members directly asking for support.
Always read the Forum rules, Kodi online-manual, FAQ, Help and Search the forum before posting.
Thanks Ronie .. it is done Smile

Thank you all
HI costa - would you mind sharing your modded xmls with us? I've been hoping for super-short fanart option Smile
Hello ..

Just put the files in 720 folder .. and remove any checks for Longfanart or shortfanart list in the options to get this very short list .

Tell me if you have any notes.

http://rapidshare.com/files/320398944/720p.rar.html
That's awesome Costa - works beautifully Smile

The only note I would have if I were being ultra picky is where the bottom banner meets the list there there is a slightly ugly join (see pic).

As you can see it's really not a big deal. Thanks so much for this simple mod....I wanted this kind of view ever since I first started using XBMC!

edit - also just noticed that the same panel is more noticeably out of place in fanart view for TV shows..
Hi .. download this textures file and replace it in media folder .. delete all textures files in that folder before u put it there .

http://rapidshare.com/files/323461682/textures.rar.html
Thanks so much costa... movies view is perfect now Smile

Looks much better for TV shows too, however for TV shows the difference in height between the strip on the left and the short titles list on the right still looks a little odd.

Were you planning on tweaking this to make it perfect for TV shows too?

In any case this is a beautiful mod. As transparency is a fanart skin, this is now the fanartiest view available in any skin for XBMC!

Ronie - any chance you'd want to make this super-short fanart view an official Transparency! option?
Sadly, I've had to revert to the default Transparency for now...

Reason being that the beautiful changes to movie view made by costa make fanart view for music look very wrong Sad

I presume you don't use XBMC for music costa.

What would need to be done to get this super short fanart working nicely in every media's fanart view in transparency? With the adjusted textures file it's so close to being perfect!
kiboy6 Wrote:Ronie - any chance you'd want to make this super-short fanart view an official Transparency! option?

nope.
Do not PM or e-mail Team-Kodi members directly asking for support.
Always read the Forum rules, Kodi online-manual, FAQ, Help and Search the forum before posting.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Ronie I need your help in Fanartview0