• 12(current)
Transparency! v2.10 beta available for testing
Numus Wrote:Getting low memory problems on both of my Xbox xbmc... Textures might have to be scaled a little for this platform

What resolution are you running at?
Where and when are you getting the issues?
What size are your backgrounds/fanarts?
Background cycling turned off?
Turned off all options you don't need? (webserver, upnp etc.)

If I have helped you in any way, please forgive me, it was entirely accidental.
Ronie, thanks so much for this amazing skin, its by far my favourite, it looks great and shows the most of the fanart/dynamic backgrounds, very slick!
I had a couple little 'improvements' that maybe could be interesting.

1. I was wondering if it was an idea to add a 'submenu' under each section in Home.
In alot of skins, when you go to for example "Movies" and press right/down (depends on the skin), it gives a submenu with like 'Genre/Title/Playlist' etc..
At the moment it's more work to go to the 'Genre' Section in My Movies for instance.
2. The mediaflags in the Beta are not really consistent, for example the 'Dolby Digital 5.1' logo is pretty ugly and the pictures dont seem to 'fit' together.
I have tried to use pictures from other skins which makes it abit better, but maybe that could be something to check out for a later version.
3. What about making a small and a large osd, the (I) button in the osd, to get more info about a serie/movie is cool, but i prefer to see the info in the osd itself and not have to scroll to right and press ok to see the plot.
I made a new osd for myself, because i use the osd during a series-marathon or something and check what the episode is about.
An idea how i did the OSD you can find here.

4. Why did you get rid of the 'Time-bar' in the top right corner during video/audio, it switched to the top center now.
The new one looks out of place/unfinished. It even says paused/rewind through most of the progress-bar, that doesnt look good to me.

You are doing an amazing job and keep up the great work.
Intel Core2Quad 3,2Ghz, 2Gb RAM, Nvidia GTS450 on Ubuntu 10.10, Denon AVR-2311, Denon POA4400A
grote002 Wrote:1. I was wondering if it was an idea to add a 'submenu' under each section in Home.
In alot of skins, when you go to for example "Movies" and press right/down (depends on the skin), it gives a submenu with like 'Genre/Title/Playlist' etc..
At the moment it's more work to go to the 'Genre' Section in My Movies for instance.
2. The mediaflags in the Beta are not really consistent, for example the 'Dolby Digital 5.1' logo is pretty ugly and the pictures dont seem to 'fit' together.
I have tried to use pictures from other skins which makes it abit better, but maybe that could be something to check out for a later version.
3. What about making a small and a large osd, the (I) button in the osd, to get more info about a serie/movie is cool, but i prefer to see the info in the osd itself and not have to scroll to right and press ok to see the plot.
I made a new osd for myself, because i use the osd during a series-marathon or something and check what the episode is about.
An idea how i did the OSD you can find here.

4. Why did you get rid of the 'Time-bar' in the top right corner during video/audio, it switched to the top center now.
The new one looks out of place/unfinished. It even says paused/rewind through most of the progress-bar, that doesnt look good to me.

1. submenus is definitely something i'll be looking into in the near future (no eta though).
2. i'm using the official audio codec logo's (wherever possible) that's why they don't have a common look and feel. i'm open to suggestions though... ;-)
3. i've been working on the osd's over the past week, imo they were a bit too big, so i made them even smaller. i kinda like the idea of having the choice between an osd with standard / extended info, so i'll add it to my list of things to do.
4. for consistency reasons across the skin, i've changed all the small popup dialogs. they now all have the same size and position at the top center.
to be honest, they don't look unfinished / out of place to me?

cheers en bedankt voor de suggesties. ;-)
Do not PM or e-mail Team-Kodi members directly asking for support.
Always read the Forum rules, Kodi online-manual, FAQ, Help and Search the forum before posting.
Cranial Wrote:What resolution are you running at?
Where and when are you getting the issues?
What size are your backgrounds/fanarts?
Background cycling turned off?
Turned off all options you don't need? (webserver, upnp etc.)

1) 720p
2) getting the no video startup when attempting to play videos from the library (same as media stream). Getting about 10mb free mem during selection of video
3) backgrounds/fanarts are default sized
4) background cycling is at the default settings.. forgot if that is on or off
5) need webserver (android remote), upnp (partial network mapping) and others

The 2.01 skin works great. When i switch to the 2.10 beta on the same machine that is when i get memory issues...

Also on my 2nd box that is running 4:3 there are font issues with the default and arial 4:3 font (not scaling to the avalible space)
Numus Wrote:1) 720p
2) getting the no video startup when attempting to play videos from the library (same as media stream). Getting about 10mb free mem during selection of video
3) backgrounds/fanarts are default sized
4) background cycling is at the default settings.. forgot if that is on or off
5) need webserver (android remote), upnp (partial network mapping) and others

The 2.01 skin works great. When i switch to the 2.10 beta on the same machine that is when i get memory issues...

Also on my 2nd box that is running 4:3 there are font issues with the default and arial 4:3 font (not scaling to the avalible space)

Okay.
Turn background cycling OFF.
Resize fanarts and backgrounds to 960x540.
Perhaps, if possible, set network locations/drives via advancedsettings.xml instead of using upnp. Then turn that off.

There's some other things that can be done to help with memory issues, but not at home to look right now.

I'll probably put up a guide to running on the xbox when the next release is out.

If you have any more problems, can you start a new thread as this one is quite long already.

Cranial Wrote:Okay.
Turn background cycling OFF.
Resize fanarts and backgrounds to 960x540.
Perhaps, if possible, set network locations/drives via advancedsettings.xml instead of using upnp. Then turn that off.

There's some other things that can be done to help with memory issues, but not at home to look right now.

I'll probably put up a guide to running on the xbox when the next release is out.

If you have any more problems, can you start a new thread as this one is quite long already.

Cant find the background cycling anywhere.. Also what program do you use to resize fanart (i had one that i could just resize and it would save the file as the same name and folder since i use the integrated scraper/library in xbmc and not an external source)
whufclee Wrote:the only bug I have come accross so far is the games fanart not working.

rudeboyx Wrote:No fanart in games section

could anyone tell me if this is still the matter with the last version of xbmc for the xbox.
xbmc r25561 is the latest available one on the 'xbmc nightly builds' site, so if someone could test with that one.
Always read the Forum rules, Kodi online-manual, FAQ, Help and Search the forum before posting.
Numus Wrote:Cant find the background cycling anywhere.. Also what program do you use to resize fanart (i had one that i could just resize and it would save the file as the same name and folder since i use the integrated scraper/library in xbmc and not an external source)

Sorry, I should have said, just set a single image as your background for each of the home page options (TV, MOVIES, etc.)

I use Media Companion to organise my TV and Movies. It has an option to resize fanart to 960x540.

Latest version here

ronie Wrote:could anyone tell me if this is still the matter with the last version of xbmc for the xbox.
xbmc r25561 is the latest available one on the 'xbmc nightly builds' site, so if someone could test with that one.
I'm using that version with the holiday pack and all I see is the snowman with the X-mas sign. It looks like it's just fanart that's inside of the game folder for Xbox games i.e. Beyond Good & Evil doesn't work.

I have emulators in a folder that's been added to the Games folder and it has a picture of all the gaming systems for its fanart and that picture works. It's just the actual games that aren't showing.
When posting about a problem please submit a debug log to give you the best chance at getting an answer. It's easy, painless, and helps provide necessary information.
nicoli_k Wrote:I'm using that version with the holiday pack and all I see is the snowman with the X-mas sign. It looks like it's just fanart that's inside of the game folder for Xbox games i.e. Beyond Good & Evil doesn't work.

I have emulators in a folder that's been added to the Games folder and it has a picture of all the gaming systems for its fanart and that picture works. It's just the actual games that aren't showing.

thanx for the feedback.
in case you're willing to help troubleshoot the issue, could you download this file:
Includes_Workarounds.xml
and put it in the 720p folder (make backup of original file first).

restart xbmc and navigate to one of the games that don't show fanart,
please post a screenshot as it should display some debug info on screen.

cheers,
ronie
ronie Wrote:thanx for the feedback.
in case you're willing to help troubleshoot the issue
restart xbmc and navigate to one of the games that don't show fanart,
please post a screenshot as it should display some debug info on screen.
cheers,
ronie

Here ya go ronie: Image
When posting about a problem please submit a debug log to give you the best chance at getting an answer. It's easy, painless, and helps provide necessary information.
nicoli_k Wrote:Here ya go ronie

thanx again. should be fixed (i hope) in the upcoming T! release.
Is it possible to run the recently added script automatically following a library update? I have my library to automatically update on startup so it will find new episodes that have been added. However, the "New" panel on the home screen doesn't update automatically if I stay on the home screen. If I enter a selection and come back to the home screen it will update.
Jesper64 Wrote:Is it possible to run the recently added script automatically following a library update? I have my library to automatically update on startup so it will find new episodes that have been added. However, the "New" panel on the home screen doesn't update automatically if I stay on the home screen. If I enter a selection and come back to the home screen it will update.

nope. not possible, or at least i haven't found a way to do it.

currently the script runs:
- at startup
- each time you enter the home screen the skin will check if the library has been updated, if an update has taken place the script will run, otherwise it won't.
Hi Ronie,

Is this possible for the new T! to add "Duration Info" for TV eps either in a view or in the "info" screen?

Right now (with Fanart View) I cannot now how long an ep. takes and sometimes it's a critical factor for deciding Rolleyes

Thanks.
  • 12(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Transparency! v2.10 beta available for testing0