• 2(current)
Transparency! v2.10 beta available for testing
hi ronie im using xbox alpha 1 r 24238
i dont exp corrupt texture, lucky me Big Grin
however there some problem n question

overlap osd
what the "T" icon next to the clock do??

i always use arial(4x3) font
ver 2.01
ver 2.10 beta

it doesnt feel im using beta version skinBig Grin
great job ronie, looking forward 4 next beta
ronie Wrote:if anyone else is seeing corrupted textures, i'd really like to know.

I had corrupted textures, xbmc alpha 2 on apple tv.

deleting the textures.xbt fixed it.
TeknoJnky Wrote:I had corrupted textures, xbmc alpha 2 on apple tv.

deleting the textures.xbt fixed it.

cheers, so far it seems to be happening on the atv only.
Do not PM or e-mail Team-Kodi members directly asking for support.
Always read the Forum rules, Kodi online-manual, FAQ, Help and Search the forum before posting.
kiboy6 Wrote:Only quirk I've noticed so far is page numbers on plot for TV shows and movies acting a bit funny....(ie some show as 1/6 but only one page visible, some say 1/3 and only two pages can be viewed etc...)

i've created a trac ticket for it:
http://trac.xbmc.org/ticket/7693
Always read the Forum rules, Kodi online-manual, FAQ, Help and Search the forum before posting.
I just want to say thanks. I haven't found any bugs this far, but I will report if I find any.

This is the best skin in every way, and on this version (2.10b) everything looks better, works better and is much faster.

Thanks and keep up the good work. Smile

i think the image in the background must be rotated to the other side...

hi !
lipo Wrote:hi ronie im using xbox alpha 1 r 24238
i dont exp corrupt texture, lucky me Big Grin
however there some problem n question

overlap osd

thanx, i'll look into that. :-)

lipo Wrote:what the "T" icon next to the clock do??
it should only be visible when your system has teletext support...
i'll see i can make sure it won't be visible on the xbox

lipo Wrote:i always use arial(4x3) font

thanx, seems i forgot to adjust the 4:3 font sizes.

cheers for the reports lipo!
francyboy Wrote:Image

i think the image in the background must be rotated to the other side...

hi !

hmmm...yeah...i'll have to give it another shot.

but seems there's another issue, this thing obviously doesn't work properly on 4:3 screens.
the image should always fill the entire ipod screen, but that's not the case in your screenshot...

i'll see what i can do ;-)
Hi Ronie
I removed the textrures.xbt right off the bat
Like Amet says, it is faster on ATV
I had read that the new alpha had incorporated the new Appleremote commands but it isn't so.

Things I have noticed:
-Transparency level is not the same throughout, list and menus are darker than other info screens.
-Maybe it's because the scrappers are down but I don't see the name of the folder being scanned for new content.
-Can't add source for the TVshows path for clearart.
-The Watched check box doesn’t always appear.
-The Stack feature doesn't always work.

--I realize that some of these may be xbmc and not the skin--

I like the new animation of the power button and the clock up on top
No more themes?

More later Wink

MacMini 2.3gHz i7, OS X 10.13.6
Running Kodi 18.9
hi ronie im using beta ver & it works great
i dont know if im too late for another request
can u add more info on filemanager just like on PM3 because i find it very useful
thanks ronie
lipo Wrote:hi ronie im using beta ver & it works great
i dont know if im too late for another request
can u add more info on filemanager just like on PM3 because i find it very useful
thanks ronie

the 'free space' info is only available on the xbox platform, and i'd rather not add too much platform specific code to Transparency!

you could check Settings > System Info > Storage
i think the same info is listed there.
Dont know if this has been mentioned before or is a current setting that can fix this but here is my only suggestion.

On Fanart view when you scroll down the list can you can you have the list move up prior to hitting the last movie on the current page? This way you know what movies are coming up. Just how cover flow acts but with the list.

Hope that makes sense. lol
b15nut Wrote:Dont know if this has been mentioned before or is a current setting that can fix this but here is my only suggestion.

On Fanart view when you scroll down the list can you can you have the list move up prior to hitting the last movie on the current page? This way you know what movies are coming up. Just how cover flow acts but with the list.

Hope that makes sense. lol

no entirely...

edit View-Fanart.xml and at the top of the file change:
<control type="list" id="56">
to
<control type="wraplist" id="56">

restart xbmc and let me know if that's what you're looking for.
I like how there's and option for the Video menu to be in File Mode. Would it be possible to add a File Mode option for Video Plugins? I'm not sure how useful library mode is for plugins. I usually uncheck library mode which backs me out a couple directories and then go into Video Plugins under file mode which has, in my opinion, a better context menu for plugins such as the Switch Media option to switch over to the File Manager to copy over content.

Also, since there isn't fanart, or even a search for fanart, in plugins the other views are not needed. File mode has view options that are adequate and you don't have to skip over the fanart views which are incapable of being used by plugins.

I like the new animations with the beta. It's working quite well on my xbox. I haven't run into any issues except for the overlapping of the 4:3 fonts but I'm only going to be using my 19" tv for a while longer so it won't be an issue for too long.

Thanks again ronie for your continued work!
When posting about a problem please submit a debug log to give you the best chance at getting an answer. It's easy, painless, and helps provide necessary information.
jpf55 Wrote:Hi Ronie
I removed the textrures.xbt right off the bat
Amet was able to fix the issues with the .xbt file, so in the next alpha/beta/rc/final/whatever version of xbmc you can use Textures.xbt again.
the benefit of xbt files over xpr files is that the textures should load a bit faster.

jpf55 Wrote:Things I have noticed:
-Transparency level is not the same throughout, list and menus are darker than other info screens.

could you post me two screenshots so i can compare?
you see, on my end it's the other way around. the info screens are slightly darker (although hardly noticeable) compared to the list views:

jpf55 Wrote:-Maybe it's because the scrappers are down but I don't see the name of the folder being scanned for new content.

i did change the scan dialog a bit, but it should still show the item being scanned (filename, not foldername)...what does it show at your end? just 'scanning for new content'?

jpf55 Wrote:-Can't add source for the TVshows path for clearart.

could you explain a bit more? what happens when you try to add the path?
there was an issue in xbmc with this, but it's supposed to be fixed in alpha2.

jpf55 Wrote:-The Watched check box doesn’t always appear.

in which section... movies / tv shows / episodes / musicvideos ?
is the issue specific to a certain view or does it happen in all views ?

jpf55 Wrote:-The Stack feature doesn't always work.

can't help you with that i'm afraid. it's all handled by xbmc.

jpf55 Wrote:--I realize that some of these may be xbmc and not the skin--

no problem at all, i appreciate all your reports, i just need some more info so i can figure out if it's a skin issue or an xbmc issue. ;-)

jpf55 Wrote:No more themes?

themes are still available here: http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=58490

but since they won't be compatible with the new version i removed it as a sticky.

i haven't had the time to update those files to work with the new version.
just let me know if you're willing to help out again. ;-)
also i need to test if a theme.xpr will work with a Textures.xbt file...

cheers,
ronie
  • 2(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Transparency! v2.10 beta available for testing0