• 3(current)
Transparency! v2.10 beta available for testing
nicoli_k Wrote:I like how there's and option for the Video menu to be in File Mode. Would it be possible to add a File Mode option for Video Plugins? I'm not sure how useful library mode is for plugins. I usually uncheck library mode which backs me out a couple directories and then go into Video Plugins under file mode which has, in my opinion, a better context menu for plugins such as the Switch Media option to switch over to the File Manager to copy over content.

just wondering..wouldn't it make more sense to make a trac request for the 'switch media' option to be made available in library mode?

nicoli_k Wrote:Also, since there isn't fanart, or even a search for fanart, in plugins the other views are not needed. File mode has view options that are adequate and you don't have to skip over the fanart views which are incapable of being used by plugins.

i hope this isn't a real big issue as the fanart view is/will be available all throughout the skin in the final version....even in filemode. ;-)

nicoli_k Wrote:I like the new animations with the beta. It's working quite well on my xbox. I haven't run into any issues except for the overlapping of the 4:3 fonts but I'm only going to be using my 19" tv for a while longer so it won't be an issue for too long.

glad to know the animations aren't killing the xbox...i was afraid it may have been a bit too much for it.

as for the overlapping 4:3 fonts, you cab always post a few screens and i'll see if there's anything i can do to fix.
it's impossible to get everything right with all the available fonts/fontsizes combinations, but i could at least try. ;-)

nicoli_k Wrote:Thanks again ronie for your continued work!

you're welcome and thank you for your suggestions!
Do not PM or e-mail Team-Kodi members directly asking for support.
Always read the Forum rules, Kodi online-manual, FAQ, Help and Search the forum before posting.
ronie Wrote:just wondering..wouldn't it make more sense to make a trac request for the 'switch media' option to be made available in library mode?

That would seem to be the more favorable option. Good call.

Quote:i hope this isn't a real big issue as the fanart view is/will be available all throughout the skin in the final version....even in filemode. ;-)
Not an issue, I was just pointing out differences between old filemode and library. I was stretching here.

Quote:glad to know the animations aren't killing the xbox...i was afraid it may have been a bit too much for it.
It's still kicking. I had to turn off media tagging and genre icons to get it to run smoothly and sometimes I have to run a large movie from filemode to get it to play, but it's something that's easy to live with.

Quote:as for the overlapping 4:3 fonts, you cab always post a few screens and i'll see if there's anything i can do to fix.
it's impossible to get everything right with all the available fonts/fontsizes combinations, but i could at least try. ;-)
Here ya go: Image and Image
The word "Video Plugins" doesn't fit in one pic and the other one shows the IMDB top 250 running into the rating. Also, the screenshots don't quite show correctly, the slide out menus like in scripts where it says Sort By: Name, the edge of the "e" in name shows a little. In the Movie window, the "E" from Sort by: Name, a tiny bit of the "E" in Library Mode and the "D" from Hide Watched all show as well. I'm on a very tiny television at the moment that isn't a flat screen, so it could be screen calibration issues but I thought I'd throw that out there in case anyone else has seen something similar.

Quote:you're welcome and thank you for your suggestions!
No prob.
When posting about a problem please submit a debug log to give you the best chance at getting an answer. It's easy, painless, and helps provide necessary information.
nicoli_k Wrote:Here ya go:

fixed!

nicoli_k Wrote:and

partially fixed. i've fixed it for the movies side menu, but there may still be issues with the side menu in other sections of xbmc.
you know you can check 'wide side menu buttons' in skin settings, that should definitely get rid of the issue.

the 'IMDB Top 250:' string is just too long. i initially used 'IMDB:' and i'll probably change it back to that.
Always read the Forum rules, Kodi online-manual, FAQ, Help and Search the forum before posting.
Here are screenshots of different transparency levels:
Sorry about the scan lines

Quote:i did change the scan dialog a bit, but it should still show the item being scanned (filename, not foldername)...what does it show at your end? just 'scanning for new content'?

Just saying 'scanning for new content' until it finds a new entry at which point the title is displayed. This is fine under normal circumstances but yesterday and today, tvdb.org is down and when the scanning stalls, you don't know where it stalls. I know the scan times out after a while but maybe you could show the problem path or file after say a period of 15 seconds of stalling.

-Can't add source for the TVshows path for clearart.
I can enable the Clearart in the settings but just underneath that setting, you're supposed to give the path to TVshows, if I click to set the path, all I have access to is the Home folder and my TVShows are on an external drive which I can't get to. Also the New Folder button isn't available.

-The Watched check box doesn’t always appear.
Quote: in which section... movies / tv shows / episodes / musicvideos ?
is the issue specific to a certain view or does it happen in all views ?
Darn, I can't reproduce it today…

-The Stack feature doesn't always work.
Quote: can't help you with that i'm afraid. it's all handled by xbmc.
Actually it appears to be Library related because certain single file movies appear twice and they don't in 2.01. Upon closer inspection in movie info, in the path, several movies were associated with each film that was doubled. So I decided to rebuild the movie library… this will take a while. Her is a screenshot:

-As for the themes, no problem, take your time, better safe than sorry and sure I'll help if I can. Actually I did a few tries not long ago when someone asked for a white theme and i sort go got stuck with that one.

MacMini 2.3gHz i7, OS X 10.13.6
Running Kodi 18.9
jpf55 Wrote:Here are screenshots of different transparency levels:
thanx. that's the way it's supposed to look.
i'm just darkening the background when you bring up the movie info.

jpf55 Wrote:Just saying 'scanning for new content' until it finds a new entry at which point the title is displayed. This is fine under normal circumstances but yesterday and today, tvdb.org is down and when the scanning stalls, you don't know where it stalls. I know the scan times out after a while but maybe you could show the problem path or file after say a period of 15 seconds of stalling.

nope, that's not possible in xbmc as far as i know.

jpf55 Wrote:-Can't add source for the TVshows path for clearart.
I can enable the Clearart in the settings but just underneath that setting, you're supposed to give the path to TVshows, if I click to set the path, all I have access to is the Home folder and my TVShows are on an external drive which I can't get to. Also the New Folder button isn't available.

it's a known xbmc issue. i'm don't know why you're not allowed to browse smb shares in that dialog. i did report this issue a while ago:
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=53574

there's a workaround in FAQ #7

jpf55 Wrote:-The Watched check box doesn’t always appear.

Darn, I can't reproduce it today…

-The Stack feature doesn't always work.

Actually it appears to be Library related because certain single file movies appear twice and they don't in 2.01. Upon closer inspection in movie info, in the path, several movies were associated with each film that was doubled. So I decided to rebuild the movie library… this will take a while. Her is a screenshot:

really, it's a xbmc issue ;-)

jpf55 Wrote:-As for the themes, no problem, take your time, better safe than sorry and sure I'll help if I can. Actually I did a few tries not long ago when someone asked for a white theme and i sort go got stuck with that one.

i can image...i think it's not really possible to have an all white theme.
and thanx for the offer to help out :-)
Hi ronie,

Thanks for creating the trac for the info page number bug.

Just to confirm, if we want to differentiate between tv and movie show fanarts showing up in your beautiful TV and movie menu pages, do we still need to use this script :
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid...e+splitter
and then point Transparency to the relevant folders for TV shows and movies?

Also, what size are the fanart displays in the menu - it seems as though they are both a little narrower than 16:9. Fanarts that display perfectly in library view are a little bit cropped on my menu pages....

One more tiny thing - on the cool "ipod design" for the music menu background, would it be possible to change the "9:42am" to either show the actual time or be removed?

Thanks so much!
kiboy6 Wrote:Hi ronie,

Thanks for creating the trac for the info page number bug.

no problem, the issue was fixed within a few hours, so it pays off to create tickets ;-)

kiboy6 Wrote:Just to confirm, if we want to differentiate between tv and movie show fanarts showing up in your beautiful TV and movie menu pages, do we still need to use this script :
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid...e+splitter
and then point Transparency to the relevant folders for TV shows and movies?

yep.

kiboy6 Wrote:Also, what size are the fanart displays in the menu - it seems as though they are both a little narrower than 16:9. Fanarts that display perfectly in library view are a little bit cropped on my menu pages....

well sure, they have to fit the theater / tv /ipod screen and those are not exactly 16:9...if that's what you mean.

if you want to know the exact image sizes, check Includes_Home.xml.
the fanart code for movies / tv shows / music is listed at the start of that file.

kiboy6 Wrote:One more tiny thing - on the cool "ipod design" for the music menu background, would it be possible to change the "9:42am" to either show the actual time or be removed?

i'll give replacing it with the current time a shot, if it doesn't look right i'll remove it.
ronie Wrote:partially fixed. i've fixed it for the movies side menu, but there may still be issues with the side menu in other sections of xbmc.
you know you can check 'wide side menu buttons' in skin settings, that should definitely get rid of the issue.

Yep, choosing "wide side menu buttons" fixed that issue for both movies and scripts. No more overscan issues! That option was right there in the open. I passed over it several times tweaking the skin, but never chose it until you pointed it out.
When posting about a problem please submit a debug log to give you the best chance at getting an answer. It's easy, painless, and helps provide necessary information.
Hi Ronie,

there is a small bug in TV shows:

cheers mate,
Zeljko
Amet Wrote:Hi Ronie,

there is a small bug in TV shows:

cheers mate,
Zeljko

thanx.

the rating info, is it just not available for the other episodes?
or should we consider that as another bug?
ronie Wrote:thanx.

the rating info, is it just not available for the other episodes?
or should we consider that as another bug?

No, its just not available for the episodes.

Zeljko
hi ronie,
i like transparency very much.
in this last version I think that the images in music background have a too low resolution.
i use xbmc on a 22" monitor.
it's only a consideration, i think that it a great work aniway!
peppe (sorry for my bad english)
peppe_sr Wrote:hi ronie,
i like transparency very much.
in this last version I think that the images in music background have a too low resolution.
i use xbmc on a 22" monitor.
it's only a consideration, i think that it a great work aniway!
peppe (sorry for my bed english)

glad you like it peppe.

could you post a screenshot of the image(s) you're talking about?
i'm not sure which ones you mean.
Hi ronie,
I fixed the library issue, the corruption must have happened when I moved to the Alpha2. Fortunately, I had 2 sources, the ATV and the Mac, so I exported from the Mac, deleted the MyVideos34.db, moved the new db to my export folder on the ATV and imported it. This brings me to a point I haven't brought up before that I kept forgetting about. You can't export the library to a folder that already contains a library, the only thing you can do is choose another location, in my case, I create a new folder with a date and time stamp, that way I can always go back to a previous library is a problem arises. I assume the library corruption problem also caused the checkbox problem.

I also fixed the clearart, thanks for reminding me of the Blushfaq # 7

All is well

MacMini 2.3gHz i7, OS X 10.13.6
Running Kodi 18.9
ronie Wrote:glad you like it peppe.

could you post a screenshot of the image(s) you're talking about?
i'm not sure which ones you mean.

sorry ronie but it was a mistake, i had a bad installetion of xbmc on my pc and my display wasn't good. Blush
  • 3(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Transparency! v2.10 beta available for testing0