• 9(current)
Transparency! v2.10 beta available for testing
davidw Wrote:German (Austria) - updated.

Cheers,
David

great, thanx David!
Do not PM or e-mail Team-Kodi members directly asking for support.
Always read the Forum rules, Kodi online-manual, FAQ, Help and Search the forum before posting.
c77yc4 Wrote:Hi ronie xD

I have a question: will there be in v2.1 only BLOCK LETTERS in side and home menu? I ask 'cos I'd rather have the letters as it was in 2.01 (manely the first letter big, and then the others small.) >> Or could you maybe give the user the possibility of choose the letters apperance....

The second question is about the animation of the panel that includes the name if the movie and others, when i'm watching some film. In your beta version, the state of "apperaing" this panel consists of 2 moves (the icon comes from left but the rest from bottom). And there is the same question as previous: could you leave it as it was in 2.01? Or maybe could you add some possibility to change it on user's one...

I appreciate your hard work, but I think that because of these two 'traits' the prevoius version of your skin was better then the current one.

i'm afraid the answer is no to all your questions, sorry.
each time i release a new version there are some users who liked certain parts of the old one better. that's ok, everyone his own opinion right?
i certainly don't have the illusion that there's a way to please everyone.

the same goes for making it optional. i know, options are nice and options are great (although they can become a nightmare for the skinner),
but if i honour every request i'll end up making every single pixel of the skin user-configurable.

cheers.
Always read the Forum rules, Kodi online-manual, FAQ, Help and Search the forum before posting.
peppe_sr Wrote:hi ronie
you are thinking about a low resolution version of transparency 2.10 like the 2.01 for xbox? if i use the new trannsparency version on my eeepc 701 with xp and 2gb of ram i have some problebm viewing backgrounds,they appares late in each screen. (same problem with skin like confluence and pm 3 hd).

the xbox friendly versions of Transparency! are made and maintained by Bram77, so you'll have to ask him. ;-)
iggy23 Wrote:i've noticed this lag too, it (seems like it) depends on the size (kb) of the background image. 200-300k images are almost instant, 700k images take 10 seconds to appear. A bit annoying, but no biggie

(interestingly, it depends on the skin. On other themes the 700k images appear almost instantly too - a bit bizarre)

maybe those skins don't use media flagging?
you can turn it of in Transparency! and see if that speeds things up a bit.
Working really well!!

Excellent work mate...your skin does everything I need in one go!

Quick question - is it possible to add movie fanart and if so, what speciifc folder name must I use for it to be read in the images folder?

Cheers buddy! Top work...
ronie Wrote:the xbox friendly versions of Transparency! are made and maintained by Bram77, so you'll have to ask him. ;-)

I did not realise this. Will save me doing it. Awesome.

If I have helped you in any way, please forgive me, it was entirely accidental.
ronie Wrote:maybe those skins don't use media flagging?
you can turn it of in Transparency! and see if that speeds things up a bit.

To clarify, by using media flagging, do you mean displaying scraped media flag information from the nfo? Or actually examining the media files to parse flagging info?

If it is the second I thought this was not implemented in the xbox version of xbmc?

Sorry, bit confused and out of the loop. Been away for a bit.

Hi, I would like to ask regarding clearart, someone has said that they use 2 or more drives, and I have the same issue. Is there a way round it? Can you tell me where the clearart path is saved on the *.xml file or wich on it is, so I can duplicate it?

Thanks
MikeLDN Wrote:Hi, I would like to ask regarding clearart, someone has said that they use 2 or more drives, and I have the same issue. Is there a way round it? Can you tell me where the clearart path is saved on the *.xml file or wich on it is, so I can duplicate it?

Thanks

sure, the code is in Includes_Workarounds.xml.
just duplicate the clearart largeimage control and 'hardcode' the paths.
there are two cleart entries, one for the dialogseekbar and one for dialogfullscreeninfo.
Cranial Wrote:To clarify, by using media flagging, do you mean displaying scraped media flag information from the nfo? Or actually examining the media files to parse flagging info?

the first. second one in indeed not implemented on the xbox.
you can turn it of in Skin Settings > Icons.
colm Wrote:Quick question - is it possible to add movie fanart and if so, what speciifc folder name must I use for it to be read in the images folder?

not sure i understand what you mean?

just regular fanart for movies?
the buildin scrapers will handle it, or use one of the third-party mediamanagers.
...or manually put a fanart.jpg image in each movie folder.
ronie Wrote:not sure i understand what you mean?

just regular fanart for movies?
the buildin scrapers will handle it, or use one of the third-party mediamanagers.
...or manually put a fanart.jpg image in each movie folder.

Sorry Ronnie...my bad.

What I mean is genre fanart....the fanart for the movies works fine and looks good for sure. As does the music fanart.

What i mean is the fanart for the movies i.e. genre fanart - does the skin support this?

Cheers buddy
colm Wrote:What i mean is the fanart for the movies i.e. genre fanart - does the skin support this?

nope, only genre icons.
i don't think many skins support genre fanart...maybe one of the Aeon mods?
ronie Wrote:the first. second one in indeed not implemented on the xbox.
you can turn it of in Skin Settings > Icons.

Okay, thought that was the case.

So how come so much CPU is used just to display info from the nfo?

There must be something in the process I'm missing....

Cranial Wrote:Okay, thought that was the case.

So how come so much CPU is used just to display info from the nfo?

There must be something in the process I'm missing....

the skin uses a lot of '<visible>' conditions to display the media flags....i think 60 in total.
the visible condition state is checked every single frame, so if you run at 60FPS, there's a lot of cpu processing going on.

...at least that's what i understand of the inner workings of xbmc.
  • 9(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Transparency! v2.10 beta available for testing0