• 10(current)
Transparency! v2.10 beta available for testing
ronie Wrote:the skin uses a lot of '<visible>' conditions to display the media flags....i think 60 in total.
the visible condition state is checked every single frame, so if you run at 60FPS, there's a lot of cpu processing going on.

...at least that's what i understand of the inner workings of xbmc.

Ah I see. Making more sense now.

Thanks for the explanation.

If I have helped you in any way, please forgive me, it was entirely accidental.
how far are we from seeing this beta becoming an official release?
grupy Wrote:how far are we from seeing this beta becoming an official release?

when xbmc 9.11 is released. :-)
Do not PM or e-mail Team-Kodi members directly asking for support.
Always read the Forum rules, Kodi online-manual, FAQ, Help and Search the forum before posting.
nice work ronie. runs alot smooter on xbox than previous release and im loving the new animations.

just a couple of things iv noticed

1. No fanart in games section
  2. The text over the progress bar makes it hard to tell the progress, but i do like the new position and busy animation
  3. Initially when setting wide side buttons, the change over dosent happen until you have left the settings. Wide side buttons are not any wider, they just reposition the buttons further into the screen.
  4. In TV Shows Section when "hide watched" is pressed, they are hidden as expected but toggling back, they dont appear until you go into a tv show and back out again.
  5. "Recently Added" on home screen locks up xbox on initial boot, and weather.com plugin fails on boot. These may not be skin problems.

I'll keep my eyes peeled for more. v2.01 became my default skin and i expect this will become its replacement when xbmc goes stable again.

keep up the awsome work Nod
1. yeah that sucks, it works fine here but apparently it's missing on the xbox.
if there's someone with a little bit of skinning knowledge and an xbox, i can give a few pointers on what to try to see if we can get it working again on the xbox.
2. i could make the text slightly transparent, but that would decrease readability
3. i'm aware, if it's a big issue i can add a 'reload skin' command to the button that enables the wide side menu buttons.
4. xbmc issue
5. no problems here, it might be a limitation of the xbox, you can check the Debug Log to get a clue what's going on.
Always read the Forum rules, Kodi online-manual, FAQ, Help and Search the forum before posting.
Too busy now a days to read through it all so sorry if its been mentiond. I don't like the change to capitals in the main menus, looks terrible on my 4:3 CRT

When xbmc loads the home screen if it contains one of those new scrrens eg TV with your images on it, the image loads first and them the background, the other way around would look more professional.

TV and Movie backgrounds show interchaqnable on the animated backgrounds. I can see why this may be difficult to fix, they're all kept in the same folder, perhaps what each file is can be journalled somewhere or a change made in xbmc??
ronie Wrote:1. yeah that sucks, it works fine here but apparently it's missing on the xbox.
if there's someone with a little bit of skinning knowledge and an xbox, i can give a few pointers on what to try to see if we can get it working again on the xbox.
2. i could make the text slightly transparent, but that would decrease readability
3. i'm aware, if it's a big issue i can add a 'reload skin' command to the button that enables the wide side menu buttons.
4. xbmc issue
5. no problems here, it might be a limitation of the xbox, you can check the Debug Log to get a clue what's going on.

1. Game fanart works in Transparency! 2.01 still. can you not port a section of code over.
2. Can the text not be positioned slightly lower or higher so it dosent cover the centre of the bar?
3. Not a big issue. dosent really effect the usability in any way.
4. -----
5. still researching
just noticed one little issue related to clear art.

when you have clear art enabled you can still see the video frame or video icon behind the clear art icon. clearart is stacked on top.

running xp sp3 with ikon's latest experimental build (r25100 DX)
Justcop Wrote:Too busy now a days to read through it all so sorry if its been mentiond. I don't like the change to capitals in the main menus, looks terrible on my 4:3 CRT

hard to tell how horrible it is without a screenshot ;-)

Justcop Wrote:When xbmc loads the home screen if it contains one of those new scrrens eg TV with your images on it, the image loads first and them the background, the other way around would look more professional.

i'm doing exactly that. i've added a delay to the images and on my system they load slightly after the background image....but things might be different on slower systems.
it would be hard to find a setting that's suitable for everyone i guess.

Justcop Wrote:TV and Movie backgrounds show interchaqnable on the animated backgrounds. I can see why this may be difficult to fix, they're all kept in the same folder, perhaps what each file is can be journalled somewhere or a change made in xbmc??

there's a script available that will split your movies and tv shows fanart to separate folders. i'm pretty sure there's a link to it in this thread.
cotdagoo Wrote:just noticed one little issue related to clear art.

when you have clear art enabled you can still see the video frame or video icon behind the clear art icon. clearart is stacked on top.

running xp sp3 with ikon's latest experimental build (r25100 DX)

cheers, it's been reported before. it was due to some silly typo i made.
rudeboyx Wrote:1. Game fanart works in Transparency! 2.01 still. can you not port a section of code over.
2. Can the text not be positioned slightly lower or higher so it dosent cover the centre of the bar?
3. Not a big issue. dosent really effect the usability in any way.
4. -----
5. still researching

1. i'll look into it.
2. for now i'll leave it like it is, maybe one day i get a better idea
3. i'll fix it anyway.
rudeboyx Wrote:
  1. No fanart in games section
  2. The text over the progress bar makes it hard to tell the progress, but i do like the new position and busy animation
  3. Initially when setting wide side buttons, the change over dosent happen until you have left the settings. Wide side buttons are not any wider, they just reposition the buttons further into the screen.
  4. In TV Shows Section when "hide watched" is pressed, they are hidden as expected but toggling back, they dont appear until you go into a tv show and back out again.
  5. "Recently Added" on home screen locks up xbox on initial boot, and weather.com plugin fails on boot. These may not be skin problems.

5. i replaced the recentlyadded.py with the one from transparancy 2.01 and that seems to have sorted that problem. (may have been a bad file download/extract)
rudeboyx Wrote:5. i replaced the recentlyadded.py with the one from transparancy 2.01 and that seems to have sorted that problem. (may have been a bad file download/extract)

glad you fixed it. the script hasn't changed since v2.01, so it must have been something like that.
Found a problem with the skin settings for media flags not being honoured:

Here's my settings page:

And here's the media flags still showing in episode view:

If I have helped you in any way, please forgive me, it was entirely accidental.
bug and suggest about script-XBMC_Lyrics-main.xml

1. bug in line 120
Code:
<visible>Control.HasFocus(120)</visible>
must be:
Code:
<visible>Control.HasFocus(110)</visible>

2. suggest to align center for the lyrics
modify line 95 - 105 like this:
Code:
    <control type="label">
        <posx>[color=red]310[/color]</posx>