[AppleTV] Launcher 3.2 released
OK cheers.
That'll teach me to read ALL the posts in the future!
okey, seems I'm not able to reproduce the screen release problem on ATV 2.3, 3.0, 3.1

someone brave enough with an ATV 2.4 to test Launcher 3.2? Please don't forget to pastebin console.log.

@Jaken:
"Screen goes black and the only thing i can do is to hold down menu button to get back to launcher menu."
^^ this does not sound like the bug I thought there was. You were able to get back to Launcher by just press&hold Menu?

Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules. If you don't have the time to read them, please don't take the time to post in this forum!
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
Launcher 3.2.1 is available as a bugfix release for ATV 2.3.1/2.4 users.

Thanks amet for pointing out the missing version detection parts!

Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules. If you don't have the time to read them, please don't take the time to post in this forum!
MaestroDD Wrote:okey, seems I'm not able to reproduce the screen release problem on ATV 2.3, 3.0, 3.1

someone brave enough with an ATV 2.4 to test Launcher 3.2? Please don't forget to pastebin console.log.

@Jaken:
"Screen goes black and the only thing i can do is to hold down menu button to get back to launcher menu."
^^ this does not sound like the bug I thought there was. You were able to get back to Launcher by just press&hold Menu?

Yes press&hold brought me back to launcher. I may be a bit hasty but i can't find launcher 3.2.1 in downloads menu yet. Smile

edit:
I used scp to get the file over. Now launcher starts xbmc without a problem. Thanks!
Jaken Wrote:Yes press&hold brought me back to launcher. I may be a bit hasty but i can't find launcher 3.2.1 in downloads menu yet. Smile

nah, not in Launcher's downloads yet. learned my lesson Wink

If you feel comfortable with terminal and such, just ssh into your atv, download Launcher-3.2.1-debug.run and execute it.
Otherwise just wait until we've got a few "it's working!" and it'll show up in Launcher's downloads.

cheers,
mdd

Quick question about the new launcher. I am still on ATV2.3 and about to update to Launcher 3.2.1. Afterwards, can I afterwards update to ATV3.0.1 without need to redo/reinstall/repatch everything?
Server: Asus Sabertooth Z77 | Intel Core i5 3.4 GHz | 16 GB DDR3 | 128 GB SSD, 82 TB (9 x 6 TB, 7 x 4 TB)
HTPC 1: Raspberry Pi 2 | HTPC 2: Raspberry Pi 2 | HTPC 3: Raspberry Pi
steve1977 Wrote:Quick question about the new launcher. I am still on ATV2.3 and about to update to Launcher 3.2.1. Afterwards, can I afterwards update to ATV3.0.1 without need to redo/reinstall/repatch everything?

Depends on how you upgrade. doing the update via Apple will always require re-patching but you will get any firmware updates for the various devices in the AppleTV.

You can also use http://wiki.awkwardtv.org/wiki/AtvPwn but be aware that this only updates the AppleTV OS.
Im on vacation with my atv and forgot the apple remote! got an iphone with xbmc app for controling via wifi, but xbmc must be running to use it. i can ssh into atv with laptop, but launching "xmbc-fs" command errors out.

I'm looking to modify atv to automattically start xbmc after power up, so that i can then use the xbmc iphone app to control xbmc.

im posting on this thread because I though I saw someone post a while back how to do this with a previous version of launcher, but can't find that thread & searching this forum is racking up huge data roaming charges for me.

Please Help
chuckkay Wrote:Im on vacation with my atv and forgot the apple remote! got an iphone with xbmc app for controling via wifi, but xbmc must be running to use it. i can ssh into atv with laptop, but launching "XBMC-fs" command errors out.

I'm looking to modify atv to automattically start xbmc after power up, so that i can then use the xbmc iphone app to control xbmc.

im posting on this thread because I though I saw someone post a while back how to do this with a previous version of launcher, but can't find that thread & searching this forum is racking up huge data roaming charges for me.

Please Help

Quote:http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid...ExpertMode

Is 3.2.1 released?

It isn't showing up as a download on my ATV, currently running Launcher-3.2.beta3 on 3.0.1...

Thanks...
agehring Wrote:Is 3.2.1 released?

It isn't showing up as a download on my ATV, currently running Launcher-3.2.beta3 on 3.0.1...

Thanks...

Yeah, it's there but not provided as an update in the default update repository. You can either manually download and install it, or add a testing repo (check first post in testing thread).
As said before, once we get a few, "Yeah, it's working for me", we'll publish it for all users.

Just wanted to report that Launcher 3.2.1 with XBMC 9.11 Beta 1 is working great on our ATVs using OS 3.0.1.

As a side note, 9.11 Beta 1 with the new default Confluence skin is AWESOME! Silky smooth and beautiful to use.

Thanks to all the developers!
Just wanted to echo Gilbreen's post. I'm happily using Launcher 3.2 beta3 with XBMC 9.11 Beta 1 on my ATVs using OS 3.0.1.

Confluence skin is smoother than Silky the silk worm in his silk pyjamas

Thanks to all the XBMC Team
OK, just so I have this straight -

Launcher-3.2.beta3-debug.run = 3.2.1?

If that is the case, then It is working on ATV OS 3.0.1 well (at least for me)...
agehring Wrote:OK, just so I have this straight -

Launcher-3.2.beta3-debug.run = 3.2.1?

If that is the case, then It is working on ATV OS 3.0.1 well (at least for me)...

Launcher-3.2.beta3 == beta 3
Launcher-3.2.1 == 3.2.1

Zeljko

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[AppleTV] Launcher 3.2 released0