"Go To" time mark functionality
Is there a way to go to/jump to a specific time mark within a video while viewing it. I know there is the bookmark feature but that will only work if you have previously created a bookmark.
What im looking for is the ability to say jump to the 5 min 30 sec of a video while view it.
This feature should also be useful for audio files as well
Just type in the time you want in HH:MM. Only works on videos.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

I'm bumping the thread but where should I type HH:MM?
while playing the video..
And write to where?
you type the numbers while video is playing. like dvd players. just f* try it Wink
madmaxx Wrote:And write to where?

Your MP.

Your MP. Wink

If you start the video playing then press the keys 0 5 3 0 on the keyboard, or using the numeric buttons on your remote, then press enter (or OK on the remote) the video will jump to 05:30. As you type you'll see the time being entered at the top left of the screen.

JR
Yes I got it now. And I know how to try but I'm using XBMC on an AppleTV and its remote doesn't have a f*cking keyboard or anything. So I think there should actually be a go to time functionality.
Anyone else to give an advice on devices that doesn't have a physical keyboard?
madmaxx Wrote:Yes I got it now. And I know how to try but I'm using XBMC on an AppleTV and its remote doesn't have a f*cking keyboard or anything. So I think there should actually be a go to time functionality.
Just a limitation of the ATV. Doubt they'd add new functionality to XBMC just because the ATV remote has fewer buttons.
Anyway, the ATV can be trained to use third-party remotes. However, I'm not sure the receiver passes commands with a third-party remote correctly to XBMC.
elmerohueso Wrote:Just a limitation of the ATV. Doubt they'd add new functionality to XBMC just because the ATV remote has fewer buttons.
Anyway, the ATV can be trained to use third-party remotes. However, I'm not sure the receiver passes commands with a third-party remote correctly to XBMC.

I jumped the gun and purchased Rowremote Pro for iPhone. At least with this app, I can jump to a specific time... it is little tricky but it works because you need to switch from the trackpad keyboard to the remote keyboard...

Unfortunately, when I stream content from the internet I just can't jump forward because the content is not yet available... it does not work
ATV1 works great with several remotes with a USB dongle (such as the Boxee remote). Probably bluetooth ones as well with a bluetooth dongle (never tried this myself). ATV2 works with anything that can be seen as a bluetooth keyboard, including those cheap little pocket ones on meritline and dealextreme. You can also try the bluetooth version of the Rii mini keyboard.
Ned Scott Wrote:ATV1 works great with several remotes with a USB dongle (such as the Boxee remote). Probably bluetooth ones as well with a bluetooth dongle (never tried this myself). ATV2 works with anything that can be seen as a bluetooth keyboard, including those cheap little pocket ones on meritline and dealextreme. You can also try the bluetooth version of the Rii mini keyboard.
Are you able to jump to time when watching a media stream?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
"Go To" time mark functionality0