• 6(current)
[WINDOWS] HOW-TO get MCE remote to work in XBMC without other programs
@jr

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.as...-_-Product

I will have to check tonight with showkey...
This is pretty awesome, simply importing the XMBC.reg worked for me on the Asrock 330 HT under Win7 32bit. Thanks!
I am also using the the 330HT. XBMC is no problem. However using powerdvd to play bluerays drives me crazy. As the program uses p to jump to the previous chapter. Partly the key strokes are not recognised. Someone got it working for both progs at the same time?
Hey guys, sorry to be a pain, but can someone please help me to understand the process of remapping keystrokes to certain buttons with my MCE remote? I've used jhsrennie's .reg file which does a great job, but I'd like to change a few things, like the 'Info' button being remapped to the 'I' key, and another spare button being remapped to the 'Tab' key. I can't for the life of me get my head around the registry entries and how they are coded!
Have you looked at the ReadMe.txt in mceremote.zip? What bit isn't clear?

JR
jhsrennie Wrote:Have you looked at the ReadMe.txt in mceremote.zip? What bit isn't clear?

JR

Sorry jhsrennie, my bad on this one. I didn't use the link to the Microsoft table where all the Key ID's are! That's what I couldn't work out, what code related to what key. All good now. Thanks!
Could someone help with 2 things?

1) What was the original key code (not win-alt-enter shortcut) for windows green logo button?
0d,00,00,00,x,x,x?

2) The info button doesn't work for me in mce when configured as a key command. The original was:
0f,00,00,00,01,09,02,\

In mce the keyboard shortcut is ctrl-D. So i made it:
0f,00,00,00,04,01,07,\

ShowKey does indicate that ctrl-D is being sent and the button works in xbmc, but it does not work in mce. If i use keyboard in mce to press ctrl-D, the info menu shows up, but using the remote nothing happens.

Anyone know how to fix?
Sad 
I hope this is the right place.
A buddy did all the stuff described here and got it to work nicely, and I wanted to do the same.

I have the same technical configuration as him: A AsRock ION HT-330HT-BD with the included MCE Remote Control. Except he uses Win7, I use WinXp.

So I tried adding the XBMC.reg to the registry and rebooted. I tried it out with the ShowKey.exe, but seemingly it didn't work. I tried like a dozen of things but nothing had any effect at all. I read through the wiki entry again, and got an idea - it says it won't work if at that certain registry location there isn't a file already. So I deleted the reg. key/its folder HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Servic es\HidIR\Remotes\ (backed it up before that), then I uninstalled the CIR drivers (Nuvoton) and reinstalled it. Rebooted, looked up the specified location in the registry - no key there. So maybe that's the issue. But why?

So, to sum up the status:
The remote DOES work in general. I can alter the windows sound volume etc. and I can navigate XBMC as far as the standard keys go.
I tried it all through with ShowKey.exe. It does recognize the arrow buttons, volume/channel up down, the power key works, the numbers, return and enter button, mute volume, the backspace button, the play, pause, etc. buttons at the top.
However, the four coloured buttons at the bottom, the four buttons below it and the 4 button row on the top below the power key (here's for demonstration: http://www.asrock.com/nettop/photo/ION%2...large).jpg) as well as the (i) key - which are the ones I tried to reconfigurate with that XBMC.reg-file, if I am not mistaken - do not work at all, i.e. ShowKey.exe won't even recognize anything if I press them.

What have I missed what I should have done, or alternatively, what exactly have I done wrong?
I would be eternally grateful for any helpful ideas.

Thanks in advance!
Smile 
I have not tried this yet, I'm still building the software setup for the machine I'll be using this with, but it is great info and very useful. With a little tweaking to my own personal taste this should work great.

Thanks
I've been working on this method.

To map channel up to page up and channel down to page down which is vastly more useful throughout WMC and XBMC for paging through lists of files in addition to being able to change the channel, the registry key should be:

12,00,00,00,04,00,4b,\ ; chan up -was"01,9c,00" sends PAGEUP
13,00,00,00,04,00,4e,\ ; chan down -was "01,9d,00" sends PAGE DOWN

for info, I made it CTRL-d, then mapped CTRL-d to the action ContextMenu in keyboard.xml

0f,00,00,00,04,01,07,\ ; Info sends CTRL-d

I left the power as original because it corresponds to keyboard sleep command, so you can put the computer to sleep directly from XBMC and wake via remote into it.

0c,00,00,00,03,82,00,\ ; Power sends sleep

sleep is a really interesting command because it's actually a nonstandard keypress; it doesn't necessarily follow the convention in the MSFT documentation as it's a scancode1 botton. You need to go into the whqlkey.doc for that information. There are some standard USB keys at teh end of that full document that can help with odd buttons like sleep, wake, sys vol, sys mute, etc.
I have tried all the things here, but i still don't get the thing about mapping. Bits and numbers aren't my thing Smile

My question is that can some of you help me get the following keys to work (picture: http://www.techpowerup.com/reviews/A...ntremote.jpg):
The green big button - i want it to start up XBMC
The four buttons above the 4 coloured buttons - i want them to open radio, music, pictures and movies.
LarsJ3 Wrote:I have tried all the things here, but i still don't get the thing about mapping. Bits and numbers aren't my thing Smile

My question is that can some of you help me get the following keys to work (picture: http://www.techpowerup.com/reviews/A...ntremote.jpg):
The green big button - i want it to start up XBMC
The four buttons above the 4 coloured buttons - i want them to open radio, music, pictures and movies.

Your link is broken so I can't see what type of remote you have. Assuming it's a Microsoft compatible or MCE clone it shouldn't be too hard to get everything working. However getting the green key to start XBMC may take a bit of fiddling around.

JR
jhsrennie Wrote:Your link is broken so I can't see what type of remote you have. Assuming it's a Microsoft compatible or MCE clone it shouldn't be too hard to get everything working. However getting the green key to start XBMC may take a bit of fiddling around.

JR

It is a MCE clone. Here's the right link: http://www.techpowerup.com/reviews/ASRoc...remote.jpg
LarsJ3 Wrote:It is a MCE clone. Here's the right link: http://www.techpowerup.com/reviews/ASRoc...remote.jpg

OK, go to xbmcmce.sourceforge.net and download mceremote.zip. Extract the zip and run the ShowKey applet. Press each of the four buttons that you want to use and copy and paste the XML that ShowKey generates when you press the button. Post the results here and I'll give you a keyboard.xml to make the keys behave as you want.

JR
Thanks for your help! The thing is, that every button is working in Showkey, except the 4 given buttons. :/ When i press them, they open MCE in the different areas (radio, music, pictures and movies)
  • 6(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[WINDOWS] HOW-TO get MCE remote to work in XBMC without other programs0