[LIVE] HOW-TO get BitTorrent download/management via WebUI Guide working on XBMC Live
I too have recently moved over from xbox onto live on asrock ion and now using transmission.

I'm thinking of doing a fully featured transmission controller from within xbmc itself if people are interested..
Server: FreeNas 9 NAS: 6*3TB - Kodi Sql Database
Kodi Systems: Nvidia Shield Pro, G-Box Q (OpenElec), RikoMagic MK802 IV[
Skin: reFocus
are there any n00b-friendly guides for installing the other clients/webUIs mentioned in this thread?

i need to be able to unrar downloaded torrents, rename files, that sort of thing. access to all the torrent client's settings, etc.
so far the transmission-dotnet app has been the best remote control i have found. however i have a new question...

how do i prevent XBMC from auto-suspending/shutting down until downloads have finished?
This was a great guide and I followed the steps listed... I'm able to access the Transmission WebUI but when I add torrents, they don't do anything... no progress or attempt to make a connection. Anybody have any idea what I might have done wrong in the setup?
luger Wrote:This was a great guide and I followed the steps listed... I'm able to access the Transmission WebUI but when I add torrents, they don't do anything... no progress or attempt to make a connection. Anybody have any idea what I might have done wrong in the setup?

you might have permissions set wrong on your XBMC box? do the torrents stay in the queue after you add them? how about after a restart?
Yeah, I tried a restart. The torrents sit there in the Web UI but never start doing anything. So, yeah, it would seem that the XBMC box isn't making an effort to start the download process once they get put in there. So you might be right about the permissions... I'll double-check to make sure I followed each step correctly. I'm at least able to log into the Transmission WebUI for the box so it seems that it's 90% right but I must be missing something.
Everything seems to have resolved itself and I've got Transmission Web UI working beautifully now. I was wondering if there is a way to get torrent RSS feeds to work in Transmission Web UI (sorry I'm a noob in this area!). If not, no biggie but I thought I'd ask.

Thanks for putting this together!
I found the tutorial in the opening post very useful, thanks a lot for sharing that!

One question. If you pause all downloads, connection/bandwidth-wise, is that the same as closing the daemon? Or will it still be communicating afterwards? Sometimes I need my transfers to close altogether and the line to be clear of any torrent traffic.
Exactly what I was looking for. I intent to keep a dual boot on my acer revo with Win 7 and XBMC Live. When I do the partitioning does it make sense to leave max space for XBMC? Because, I would want my torrent downloading going on while XBMC is working. Can the downloaded/downloading torrent files be stored on the xbmc partition itself or in Win 7 parition. Any advantage for either case?
I appear to be having "Permission denied" issues, although I've checked and followed the guide several times, still nothing, my torrents folder is /media/hdd1/Torrents/

**EDIT** Fixed the permission denied error, and I've set up flexget, I just need to now how to automatically add torrents to Transmission, any help guys?

Cheers, Kris
Is there a way to vary the download directory on a torrent-by-torrent basis?

EDIT: did some more digging and it looks like that is still not a supported feature. I've been able to do some work around though by just making symbolic links in the appropriate media directories pointing to the download directory.
is there any danger in forwarding ports 51543 to your XBMC box? I did this, downloaded some data via a torrent to test it out, then left it alone and thought nothing of it months ago, but happened to check my router logs and tons of IPs were accessing my port from China, Singapore, India etc....is that safe? could attackers get anywhere through 51543?
Lounge rig: nVidia Shield - Official Kodi
Bedroom rig: Amazon Fire TV - Kodi 17.3
Backend: HP Microserver, Ubuntu, JBOD
Quote:and tons of IPs were accessing my port

I beleive the purpose of forwaring the port is to allow IPs in the outside world to connect to said port? In the torrent context the general idea is that they will download legal material from your machine. Thus the term "sharing".

Not sure how big the risk is for an "attack" on this port. Small assuming that the client listening on the port is accepting commands to do operations in your OS.
I hadn't uploaded or downloaded any torrents for weeks though, and IPs were still streaming in one every second.
Lounge rig: nVidia Shield - Official Kodi
Bedroom rig: Amazon Fire TV - Kodi 17.3
Backend: HP Microserver, Ubuntu, JBOD
Quote:I hadn't uploaded or downloaded any torrents for weeks though, and IPs were still streaming in one every second.
Ok, you are right that would be nice to understand. I am not sure if it expected behavior or not. Still, an open port is not enough to be a risk by it self.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[LIVE] HOW-TO get BitTorrent download/management via WebUI Guide working on XBMC Live2