[LIVE] HOW-TO get BitTorrent download/management via WebUI Guide working on XBMC Live
Can anyone help with this? I know when I do an XBMCFreak install, it's already set up correctly but I'm trying this as a fresh install and can't get the permissions right for Transmission.
luger Wrote:Can anyone help with this? I know when I do an XBMCFreak install, it's already set up correctly but I'm trying this as a fresh install and can't get the permissions right for Transmission.

Well i got mine working just fine maybe this will help you but i dont want to be held responsible for anything Big Grin

Sudo chmod 777 /Downloads - R
sudo chown xbmc:xbmc /Downloads -R
sudo chmod g+s /Downloads -R
sudo chmod u+s /Downloads -R

If this dont work try go into "sudo nano /etc/profile" and change umask in the bottom to 0000
I too had the problem that all downloads belonged to the debian-transmission user. Chmod 777 is no clean solution, so I did the following to change the user of transmission to my xbmc user:
  • sudo nano /etc/default/transmission-daemon
    • CONFIG_DIR="/home/xbmc/.config/transmission"
  • sudo nano /etc/init.d/transmission-daemon
    • USER=xbmc
You now have to put a copy of the config file in your home folder of course.

I found out that measures other than that didn't work for me, so maybe you have luck with my guide too.
I'm currently setting up xbmc autostart with transmission-daemon and I'm using transmission-remote-gui to control it (http://code.google.com/p/transmisson-remote-gui/)
this seemed to be the perfect solution for me because I cannot live with a torrent client on which I cannot specify the download directory for individual torrents.
It's scary to me that people actually think a default download directory is "the perfect solution".
Anyway..

Transmission-remote-gui has a built in support for choosing download destination for individual torrents but it has a very strange path mapping system I just can't figure out.
Quote:Examples:
/share=\\pch\share
/var/downloads/music=Z:\music

There's no information on how to properly set this up anywhere, they don't even have a wiki on their page. So if anyone could figure this out i would be eternally grateful.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[LIVE] HOW-TO get BitTorrent download/management via WebUI Guide working on XBMC Live2