• 6(current)
Lownoise / Noiseless Asrock ION 330
Too late - I have replaced the ASRock with an Acer Revo in the meantime Wink
Vero 4k+ | OSMC Kodi 19.1
Sony KD-65A1
emzed Wrote:I did a low cost modification myself and put it on my blog.

Asrock 330 HT noise reduction plan

I did this mod myself now and the high tone noise disappeared Smile
Maybe I should swap the fan at a later time because I have the noisy new PLA03010S12M.
hi,

for those using a zalman fanmate or similar, what speed are you running the fan?? Minimum? Half way? Do you adjust it wether you are playing movies or just let it fixed?

What temperature are you getting from the nvidia control panel?

BTW, I did the mod to reduce the 30mm noise to, and now it's the 50mm fan that's making noise.. funny xD.

thanks!
Some simple mods... was thinking about swapping out my hdd for ssd and I think this thread has just persuaded me Smile
hercem Wrote:I did this mod myself now and the high tone noise disappeared Smile
Maybe I should swap the fan at a later time because I have the noisy new PLA03010S12M.

I did something similar.

Anything you can do to insulate the heat sink eliminates the high-pitch noise and renders the unit silent.

I noticed after I hacked my solution together that the little baggy of screws and parts that came with the box included little insulating washers that would probably have worked perfectly.

Thanks to everyone who posted their solutions in this thread.
i have had my ion330 for 6 months now; all i did was put a fanmate in there and tuned it just so the high pitch went away.
6 months later i have been using it daily and is dead silent with no overheating even in a very hot summer

sometimes the simplest solution is the best Wink
Hi all,

I have the ASRock Ion 330HT which is 3 months old now.

I connected a Fanmate 2 to the smallest fan and that went okay.

I also ordered a Fractal Design 50mm Silent Fan to replace the big fan in the back, but when I hooked it up it didnt work(didnt start) when I turned on the computer. When I connected the old one it started just fine.

Do you think my fan was defect? Should I order a new one or could there be another problem? The old fan is making a really ugly noise and I cant stand it, so either I have to try and get a new fan or get a new mediacenter (ATV or Acer Revo)
zombien Wrote:I also ordered a Fractal Design 50mm Silent Fan to replace the big fan in the back, but when I hooked it up it didnt work(didnt start) when I turned on the computer. When I connected the old one it started just fine.

Do you think my fan was defect? Should I order a new one or could there be another problem? The old fan is making a really ugly noise and I cant stand it, so either I have to try and get a new fan or get a new mediacenter (ATV or Acer Revo)

I think your fan is defect, ordered a Fractal Design a few days ago and installed it today and the machine is allmost completely silent!
I had already replaced the stock fan with a Titan 50mm fan, but that didn't make any difference, this one does.
Only problem is, i cant remember if it is supposed to blow air in or blow air out (didn't pay attention when disassembling Sad currently blowing air out).
Combined with a new 30mm fan and heatsink from ASRock, it is almost dead silent (bios set to silent, not ultra silent)

All on a ASRock ion 330 (1st gen.)
I replaced the original 50mm with a fractal design 50mm fan. I replaced the 30mm fan with a Titan 30mm fan and mounted both of them with rubber. Finally I reapplied the heatsinks using AC MX4 cooling paste.

btw, I also didn't know what direction to point my fans. Currently I set them to blow air in the same direction, backwards. i.e. blowing out of the case.

My ION330HT-BD did get a little more quiet but not a lot.

I think it's the HD. Did anybody replace it with a SSD? Did that make much of a difference?
I have an SSD, it does not make a difference, for me it is really that fans contact with the case - but it's all fan noise really!
anyone whos is interested in working drivers to the chipset monitoring super i/o chip for asrocks and ions generally should look at my signature, contains drivers and instructions for linux.

Very accurate...
Hi, Mikkie,
Can you explain me how you mount this 50mm fan after removing dvd player.
You have only one attach point at the bottom.
I plan to do the same with 40mm NoiseBlocker NB-BlackSilent Fan XM2
http://www.ebay.com/itm/NoiseBlocker-NB-...1e64f37f8a

Thanks,
Rado
Hey all,

I picked up a replacement 30mm fan and some rubber screws. How easy is it to remove the 30mm fan? Does it involve removing the motherboard and any of the heatsinks?

I also picked up a zalman fanmate 2 to adjust the speed, do you think this will do the trick just on it's own or best to replace the fan too?

Thanks

Russ
In short yes. In order to remove the small fan, you need to remove the motherboard trom the case and then the heatsink with the fan on.

It is quite easy actually. Just pinch the two pins on the bottom of the board and it's off.

Thinking of removing the top off the case and replace it with a large 80 mm on slow speed. And remove the two small fans. It still makes to much noise in my opinion.
To follow up the suggestion from Eoghlear.

Note, you shouldn't don't "care" about the Case + DVD/BD player with my mod.
Check out my guide for installing a 120mm fan + SSD-drive: http://lars.werner.no/?p=882

I have game consoles to handle all disc-related stuff, so having a fan-noisy 330 didn't feel right.
It runs XBMCbuntu and the temperature values doesn't show, but it is clearly more cooler & quiet than earlier!
  • 6(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Lownoise / Noiseless Asrock ION 3300