Cache settings on OSX?
Smile 
Is it possible to set cache setting for the OSX version of XBMC?

Thanks in advance.
Beano Wrote:Is it possible to set cache setting for the OSX version of XBMC?

Thanks in advance.

No.
What's the reason for this?... seems retarded IMO.

There is no way to control this in OSX either?
Beano Wrote:What's the reason for this?... seems retarded IMO.

There is no way to control this in OSX either?

The is no cache setting in XBMC for (insert platform) to adjust. XBMC for xbox had one but that was removed from osx. linux and windows platforms eons ago. You can search the forum posts for the exact reason. This has come up about a billion times.
Question 
this is my issue as well....xbox has it still as of 9.04 patch 2 why wouldn't other platforms have this (like my AppleTV)
we removed it for the sole reason that we enjoy all your whining so much.
Of course asking about it is "whining".
There have been _many_ threads about the subject and how useless the cache was on non xbox platforms.

The setting has never worked on non xbox platforms so you have been changing it without any effect. Now that its gone the only thing you are missing is the setting, you playback will be identical.
Maybe it should not be useless then - it's not without reason people want a configurable cache? MAYBE the default functionality is not sufficient.
Yes it's being looked at. However in the meantime I'm sure they would accept your patch as well.
Weavus Wrote:Yes it's being looked at. However in the meantime I'm sure they would accept your patch as well.

--What patch?
lewis.donofrio Wrote:--What patch?

The point he is trying to get across is xbmc is an opensource program done for free by people in their spare time and they code whatever they feel like coding at the time.
If you want cache settings to work in xbmc in the mean time you can download the source and code up a "patch" against the current code to add in caching features then submit it to us. if you are unable to do this then you will just have to wait until someone else decides they want it enough to do it themselves (team or non team).
Rainbow 
Jezz_X Wrote:The point he is trying to get across is xbmc is an opensource program done for free by people in their spare time and they code whatever they feel like coding at the time.
If you want cache settings to work in xbmc in the mean time you can download the source and code up a "patch" against the current code to add in caching features then submit it to us. if you are unable to do this then you will just have to wait until someone else decides they want it enough to do it themselves (team or non team).

Sounds all well and good but this "code" is already in XBMC and was removed for some reason. It does work and it would help out the AppleTV platform. All I'm wanting is to have this ability returned to what it was/is on my XBOX.Nod
lewis.donofrio Wrote:Sounds all well and good but this "code" is already in XBMC and was removed for some reason. It does work and it would help out the AppleTV platform. All I'm wanting is to have this ability returned to what it was/is on my XBOX.Nod

No it doesn't and never has existed. It has only existed on the XBOX, it has never been present on any other platform. Nothing has been removed, you have lost nothing. There was gui elements to it on other platforms, but there was never any backend code to support this, hence more than likely the reason for removing them.

This may sound blunt, its not meant to be, but really this has been covered plenty of times in the forum. If you want the functionality, code it, its as simple as that.
prae5 Wrote:No it doesn't and never has existed. It has only existed on the XBOX, it has never been present on any other platform. Nothing has been removed, you have lost nothing. There was gui elements to it on other platforms, but there was never any backend code to support this, hence more than likely the reason for removing them.

This may sound blunt, its not meant to be, but really this has been covered plenty of times in the forum. If you want the ability code it, its as simple as that.

Ok - doesn't the xbox just a win32 platform with a different program manager? How'd it ever work if the code to use it never existed?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Cache settings on OSX?0