How do I deal with Sporting events in Library Mode?
Not sure if this is the right section for this or not.

Move me if not.

Anyhow, How do I deal with sporting events. Obviously they dont fall under the movies section but they dont really fall under the TV section either since they arent regular shows.

Maybe I havent figured it out but those seem to be my only two options while in library mode.

If I add a path it wont scrape the shows while in library mode so they dont show up under the tv section. I can view them in non Library mode. I looked on the wiki and possibly I just missed it. Would be nice to have an option from the front page that does. Movies, TV, and then one that Says Sports or something like that.

Thanks for any help you can offer.
Might have to put something custom in the skin to get it to appear in the library as something other than "tv" shows.

Plus, you can also make your own nfo's for those events just like can if you were to store homemade movies and video clips, and wanted information to show up for those.
Windows 7 x64 Home Premium
Gigabyte MA78GM-U2SH Mainboard
ATI HD3200 Onboard
AMD 7750BE Dual-Core 4.00GB RAM
ATI HD3200 HDMI Sound
HTPC HMDI -> ONKYO TX-SR605 -> Panasonic TH-46PZ85U Plasma
If you are using the default PMIII it will be difficult as you will have to also edit the images. However other skins like aeon make it much easier to add a link to a directory within your videofiles directory.

http://wiki.xbmc.org/?title=Built-in_fun..._to_python

The examples on that page are relevant for your situation.

ActivateWindow(VideoFiles,Sports)

will link to the video source named "Sports"

I think some skins like aeon might allow you to do this from the skin settings page. otherwise you will need to edit an xml file within the skin directory. (maybe home.xml but im not a skinner so Im not sure)
Thanks for the help. Will explore those options.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
How do I deal with Sporting events in Library Mode?0