thetvdb is down for now
Why would they delete anything? Thought the idea of their site was that it's a community driven content site?

Do I need to change anything with XBMC to get it to work? Getting a bit tired of all the removing sources, cleaning lib, adding sources, setting content etc etc lol.
i didnt find anything related to this topic on the why they deleted anything.... but as you test the links the scraper is using you can see that the unpopular shows simple arent there. Where for example CSI and all that crap is perfectly downloadable.

This is probally a issue that will be resolved today or tomorrow. I suspect there actually remaking those files as we speak Wink
They probably did the more popular shows first as more people would be wanting to get the content for those shows then they would for unpopular shows, gives them a bit of time to restore all content
well this thread has just answered all my questions, bought a nas drive last friday and suddenly i have all films fine and no tv. i was planning on reinstalling everything but it seems tvdb is the prob.

dont try imdb tv scraper what ever you do, that make a total mess of the tv library, had to delete the source.

so is it all back up now?
lotus Wrote:dont try imdb tv scraper what ever you do, that make a total mess of the tv library, had to delete the source.

I learned that the hard way too.
hm so for you guys the scraper works again? i've added lots of new episodes but they are not being found. when i select the file in the source and press the info key it downloads the correct information and even adds the episode to the library, but i do not want to do that manually with all my shows Wink

any ideas?
thanks!
@21 - If you added the episodes while the site was down a simple db update might fix it, did the trick for me at least.

Works fine for me now except i can't get it to DL any posters/banners which sucks, anyone else having this issue?
hm no, did database updates a thousand times now Sad no new episodes
chefir Wrote:@21 - If you added the episodes while the site was down a simple db update might fix it, did the trick for me at least.

Works fine for me now except i can't get it to DL any posters/banners which sucks, anyone else having this issue?
It's scraping for me also, but no thumbs/posters for shows.
hm so do i need to remove my entire source then? Sad
Yes, the tvdb scraper is ok now for me
Kodi 16 - Aeon Madnox skin
HTPC : Core I5 4690K - Nvidia GTX 970 - Nas Synology DS410j - LG Bluray - Windows 10 - x64
images.thetvdb.com no longer exists, how do i change this url in the scraper to just thetvdb.com for episode pics etc?
m1m1 Wrote:images.thetvdb.com no longer exists, how do i change this url in the scraper to just thetvdb.com for episode pics etc?

put a hosts entry

67.152.32.114 images.thetvdb.com

For Linux edit /etc/hosts

For Windows it will be %windir%\system32\drivers\etc\hosts

To confirm the IP address perform a "nslookup www.thetvdb.com"
hitman Wrote:put a hosts entry

67.152.32.114 images.thetvdb.com

For Linux edit /etc/hosts

For Windows it will be %windir%\system32\drivers\etc\hosts

To confirm the IP address perform a "nslookup www.thetvdb.com"
So just add "67.152.32.114 images.thetvdb.com" into the hosts file and it will work?
Superorb Wrote:So just add "67.152.32.114 images.thetvdb.com" into the hosts file and it will work?

Not sure, but it's a workaround that might work if the images are available from http://www.thetvdb.com.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
thetvdb is down for now0