Audio Equalizer for/in XBMC
i did a search adn only found people requesting an equalizer but no posts saying weather there was one or how to use it if there was.

and even if there was only a way to set it up in the xml that would be fine with me.

thanks in advance.
no Sad no equalizer in xbmc yet...
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

drats, thanks though
an equilizer ( for sound output )

or maybe a sound setup. ( you get to choose if you're using headphones or 5.1 stereosetup ( or 2 speakers).

a funny thing; maybe have a setup to "movie, musicvideo, dancehall, underwater et.c."

i thought it seen it somewhere before but i can't find it on the current xbmc.
i second the request for an equalizer. it would truely make xbmc complete and is one of the few things missing imho.
what happened with this?
http://www.xboxmediaplayer.de/cgi-bin....;hl=dsp
good question... sadly i dont know, maybe, just maybe one of our devs is looking into it, but i'll let him tell about it, if thats the case
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.

one thing i would like is a way to take a stereo music file and output it as dd2.1, that is play the stereo left and right as normal through front left and front right, but also synthesize an lfe channel (maybe with adjustable crossover). the reason why is my surround receiver has several subwoofer options. the normal one is "on" which you use for dd5.1/dts movies, which have dedicated lfe channels. however, there's also a "plus" mode where it uses the subwoofer for non-dd/dts material. music sounds great in plus mode but movies/tv sound terrible (much too boomy/muddy). changing between on/plus is a real pain in the ass, requiring like 20 button presses on the remote. so every time i want to switch between music and movies, it's an ordeal. if i could just leave it in surround/subwoofer "on" all the time that would be swell Smile
actually when you have all speakers on, it does stereo->dd5.1. if your receviver downmix correctly with 2.1 speaker setup, it would be dd2.1

but i do not see much value for music play with dd2.1 as it is compressing pcm to dd then decode is a losy process.

your main channel quality will degrade.

(monkeyhappy @ nov. 10 2004,09:32 Wrote:actually when you have all speakers on, it does stereo->dd5.1. if your receviver downmix correctly with 2.1 speaker setup, it would be dd2.1

but i do not see much value for music play with dd2.1 as it is compressing pcm to dd then decode is a losy process.

your main channel quality will degrade.
@monkeyhappy

you're absolutely right. "output stereo to all speakers" does exactly what i want. i'm pretty sure i tried it with an earlier build and i didn't think it was doing what i wanted, but it sure works now.

thanks!
(pike @ nov. 05 2004,17:26 Wrote:good question... sadly i dont know, maybe, just maybe one of our devs is looking into it, but i'll let him tell about it, if thats the case
pike, found out anything if someone was looking into this on a low profile? :oops:
i would like it if xbmc had a build-in equalizer for music playback.
hello,

no news about this ?
http://sourceforge.net/tracker....=581841

thanks

modhack
xbmc.fr

in my opinion, this is the one single feature that would make xbmc the best for me. i don't like having to listen to music in games without an equalizer.

is there any hope of integrating an equalizer into xbmc, maybe with the same kind of presets as winamp?
Information 
yea ! a equalizer is one i missed in xbmc !
itz the only one feature i missed in xbmc !
Intel P35 C2Duo 2,4 ghz 2GB Ram
ATI 3650 over HDMI @ Samsung LE37
Realtek AZELIA Sound
Windows 7 32Bit - XBMC Rev25986-dx

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Audio Equalizer for/in XBMC0