Audio Equalizer for/in XBMC
include a graphical equalizer for audio and audio streams. i can't get some live recordings to sound right on my xbox without it.
equilizer would definitely be nice i agree,
i would also like to see a volume levelizer of some sort. i.e. a preset volume adjustment level so all files sound about the same overall. sometimes videos i have will have a very low volume level and i crank up the stereo, and others i gotta really turn it down because the audio in the file blasts. something that will sample a user preset number of points at equal intervals (maybe leave the default at 12 or 15 times? more samples are slower and more accurate and less is quicker type thing), average the sound level of output and change the db amplification of the audio based on the resulting number. this way were not getting blasted at times when switching from a generally low volume clip to a generally high volume clip.

on the same topic of volume i liked adjusting volume in percentage better than by db personally.
for audio files, use replaygain, which xbmc takes advantage of.

for video files, you are out of luck.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

ditto
just thought i'd add my request for an equalizer as well. my amplifier doesn't have an equalizer so i have no tweaking ability. if an equalizer were to be added, it'd be great if you could have presets for each genre (read tags, apply equalizer settings based on genre tag). just a hope. Smile
Sad 
i have been wanting this feature for so long! i think it would really enhance the experience. i am currently working on getting a touch screen vga monitor fabricated into my dash for use with an xbox in my ford focus. i think this would be great for xbmc use in general and anyone who is really into music quality and whatnot. even for that little extra bass, but perfect for in car use! Cool
you're welcome to develop one ofcourse, noone is stopping you

best of luck

oh and if you think this is a good way to coax someone else to do it for ya, think again
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.

in the menu:

configuration -> system -> audio hardware

where the option "overall audio headroom"? it disappeared after the version of the day 18-01-2006 why?

my amplifier doesn't have an equalizer and now i can't adjust the volume level, now the default is to high and i can't turn down this  Confused

please turn back the option "overall audio headroom" and the equalizer, is only this two feature i missed in xbmc.

please make me happy  :bowdown:
why? there's no particular need for it - just have the volume down lower.

if you really want to set it, look in settings.xml (in e:\tdata\0face008). values are 0 (default), 6 and 12.

would be great to be able to shape the output frequencies/gain..maybe some presets?
rock..action..classical..techno..i know this is left for post output ..amplifiers ,home theatre systems and the like but many poor smucks only have basic tonal controls..bass mid treble
why spend so much time on tweekin cosmetics..if you have the power to code ..functionality!!... imho

would look awesome too Nod
people code what they know, thats what makes open source so powerful. if you know of a directsound coder who knows xbox audio hardware inside and out feel free to invite them to code for the project
(jmarshall @ mar. 06 2006,03:47 Wrote:why?  there's no particular need for it - just have the volume down lower.

if you really want to set it, look in settings.xml (in e:\tdata\0face008).  values are 0 (default), 6 and 12.
in settings.xml i change this:

<audiosettings>
   <headroom>0</headroom>
</audiosettings>

to:

<audiosettings>
   <headroom>12</headroom>
</audiosettings>

but no change effects in volume level as in old version, and when i restart the xbox this settings in this file back to default, 0.

is any option to set this option manual in any file?

the best is come back this option to the menu configuration -> system -> audio hardware -> overall audio headroom.

is realy important to me and it does not give work because this option existed in previous versions.
personally, i subscribe to the idea of not fiddling with the signals. no tone adjustment, no equilization. imho your better off buying or building your own speakers to get proper quality audio than trying to fiddle around with some dinky adjuster that will never mask problems with poor quality gear anyway.

if your at the point of having real time measurements of the audio spectrum in your living room while playing pink noise you can certainly afford to buy one of the real equilizars sold in ht shops.
that may be, but all of us don't have the bucks to buy the audio hardware of our dreams. it would be totally amazing to have even simple bass/treble controls. of course, i don't know how to do it, unfortunately. Huh
i seconds caldor's opinion.

whatever it is that would be implemented in xbmc would never truely compensate for having bad audio setup.
on the other hand, it definitely has the potential of screwing up certain aspects of the audio output which we currently enjoy.

my 2c.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Audio Equalizer for/in XBMC0