Video_TS is not playing on my AppleTV, I assume it's pilot error.
Good morning! I am very new to XMBC for AppleTV, just having upgraded the boring AppleTV to include this lovely piece of software. Smile

I have been searching around the forums for a while, but I haven't found an existing thread that has addressed my question. So, if one exists, please direct me!

Basically, my situation is that I would like the AppleTV via XBMC to be able to play a library of my DVDs that have not been compressed and look as good as they do when I simply play them from a DVD player (or, as close as possible). I thought that I read on the XBMC Wiki, that Video_TS folders are supported, however my XBMC software seems to crash when I attempt to play them. I assume that it's something I have set up incorrectly.

Setup:
AppleTV with Apple's 3.0 software
XBMC - Latest stable build
Video_TS folder copied on to my external WD hard drive, shared via Windows XP.
In XBMC, I've "added" this folder as a source.

When I attempt to "play" this pseudo-DVD, I navigate to the source (which doesn't seem right I think) and then "drill down" into the folder contents.

Like I said, I think I'm just doing something wrong. I would very much appreciate any help that can be provided. I hate asking such a noob question. Sad

Thanks again!
I never tried the video_ts in my library, so i cant help you there.
But i found in you post "I would very much appreciate any help that can be provided" Smile

I'm making myself an isoformat from the whole dvd, no compression and it will play like a dvd on xbmc without problems.

Hope this will get you going again.
A copy of the crashlog would be useful. See the links in my sig.

Cheers,
Jonathan
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

Like I said, it must have been pilot error. I started over, ripped a fresh DVD to both VIDEO_TS and the same movie again as an ISO. These files both worked. I also took the wireless network out of the equation and streamed it locally, just to make sure that everything was as straightforward as possible.

I apologize for not gathering the crash log from earlier. I'll be sure to do that next time.

This software is so awesome that my wife is comfortable with using it to watch her digitized DVDs. Now THAT is high praise indeed. Smile

Keep up the great work.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Video_TS is not playing on my AppleTV, I assume it's pilot error.0