• 13(current)
[LINUX] My Asrock 330 ION Tweaks, Tips, Tricks, and Fixes!
rossoneri711 Wrote:ok so i extracted the folder on to the desktop, performed the steps again correctly and it still doesnt work.

here is the output

http://iquik.pastebin.com/m39f84e03

yep

now I know why PAE kernel its a driver issue its not gonna work on that kernel type I doubt the driver is designed for non standard kernels. I could be wrong, I'm a fallible machine...

Report this to Asrock maybe they will fix it for you. Alternatively use a normal 32 bit kernel.

BoyBastos Wrote:monty, can you outline an install for karmic? thanks.

PS on my screenlet i have core temp monitored and its always between 53-62 C. i havent installed sensors yet this is from the screenlet app tho.

i am using a foxconn nt-3301 box same specs atom 330 Smile

the method is described via link on first post first line then you add sources for xbmc.

https://launchpad.net/~team-xbmc/+archive/ppa

any of the first posts explain clearly how to insert sources and get key for the repositories.

easiest way is really typing aptitude into terminal (running as root) type / which brings up search type xbmc and install all packages you need.

xbmcstandalone and xbmclive should be picked to pick stuff ctr + to purge ctrl - (that control and - or + sign on your keyboard) also terminal will accept mouse control over menus explore and learn.

you also have to add nvidia drivers sources that's on posts the rest well is here there and everywhere. so get reading!!

if you don't wanna be bothered with all that theres a script also posted on first post it does the hard work for you.

other than that also works is get the latest xbmclive disk and install it to HDD then all u need to do is add tweaks fixes which are here on topic and tweak system until your satisfied.
X3lectric Wrote:yep

now I know why PAE kernel its a driver issue its not gonna work on that kernel type I doubt the driver is designed for non standard kernels. I could be wrong, I'm a fallible machine...

Report this to Asrock maybe they will fix it for you. Alternatively use a normal 32 bit kernel.

how do i remove everything i installed and start again?
just get disk in again and format drives as b4 reinstall Linux though for kernel changes you don't have to Linux is that flexible.

all you have to do is pick the correct kernel off of aptitude (terminal) or synaptic (full desktop) and remove the one you have installed.

Since this is a learning curve for you dont get fed up and abandon Linux nor me nor most ppl here are were that familiar with Linux only a couple of months ago, yea sure Id used it but not really like a a real man (whatever beast that is).

like I say in first post RTFM/Google/Forums is very important and trying it out for yourself. Then you learn just fine... Smile you see guys here one moment they asking questions the next they coming up with solutions, that can b u in no time.

Aye remember run as root if your on terminal to do stuff like this.
monty0815 Wrote:Warning: This might crash you computer.

Perhaps somebody using Jaunty might want to try forcing another chip, try another chip id and use it like this
Code:
modprobe w83627ehf force_id=xxxxxx
where xxxxx might be any of these:
0x8850
0x8860
0xa020

I don't have a Jaunty install, but other chip ids seem to work in karmic (less values reported, but otherwise ok).

cheers monty 0x8850 my scritpt is comming alone nicely
X3lectric Wrote:just get disk in again and format drives as b4 reinstall Linux though for kernel changes you don't have to Linux is that flexible.

all you have to do is pick the correct kernel off of aptitude (terminal) or synaptic (full desktop) and remove the one you have installed.

Since this is a learning curve for you dont get fed up and abandon Linux nor me nor most ppl here are were that familiar with Linux only a couple of months ago, yea sure Id used it but not really like a a real man (whatever beast that is).

like I say in first post RTFM/Google/Forums is very important and trying it out for yourself. Then you learn just fine... Smile you see guys here one moment they asking questions the next they coming up with solutions, that can b u in no time.

Aye remember run as root if your on terminal to do stuff like this.

The problem is that i have already moved all of my movies (180GB) on to the disc and i dont have a backup. Because stupid me, didnt partition the disk so i could avoid it.

I mean is there any way to remove, like windows, unisntall the drivers, so i can try again? dont know if this is possible in ubuntu, thats why i am asking.

I remember though that in my previous tries with ubuntu, i got the remote working, by just double clicking on the driver package like the asrock readme said.

losing all my films would be bad, and i am the one to blame i know, but if there is any other way please tell me.

Quote:all you have to do is pick the correct kernel off of aptitude (terminal) or synaptic (full desktop) and remove the one you have installed.

i have no idea what you mean by that Tongue

it will automatically remove install your kernel and configure the grub without destroying your data, at worst case scenario you can also sftp into the box form a pc and get all films from there onto pc.
X3lectric Wrote:all you have to do is pick the correct kernel off of aptitude (terminal) or synaptic (full desktop) and remove the one you have installed.

it will automatically remove install your kernel and configure the grub without destroying your data, at worst case scenario you can also sftp into the box form a pc and get all films from there onto pc.

how do i do that ? i have only been using ubuntu for almost a week now. i dont know as much stuff as you guys have.
@Rossoneri
open up a shell and try the following command:
Code:
sudo apt-get install linux-image-generic && sudo apt-get remove linux-image-generic-pae && sudo update-grub
This should get you a default kernel, reboot and try reinstalling the remote drivers.

regards, monty
monty0815 Wrote:@Rossoneri
open up a shell and try the following command:
Code:
sudo apt-get install linux-image-generic && sudo apt-get remove linux-image-generic-pae && sudo update-grub
This should get you a default kernel, reboot and try reinstalling the remote drivers.

regards, monty

thanks a lot! will try it tonight!
monty0815 Wrote:@BoyBastos
I meant after installing it like this:
Code:
sudo apt-get install lm-sensors
then run:
Code:
sudo sensors-detect
Say "yes" to everything, and see if the program finds anything.

regards,
monty

no luck Sad

PS:

I followed post#2 but at the end i get a > only do i have to use ctrl c? after echo....

and on the lm-sensors repository i get permission denied Sad ( echo ## [ lm-sensors v3.1.1 Repositories ] ## >> /etc/apt/sources.list
echo deb http://ppa.launchpad.net/ari-tczew/ppa/ubuntu karmic main >> /etc/apt/sources.list
echo deb http://ppa.launchpad.net/ari-tczew/ppa/ubuntu karmic main >> /etc/apt/sources.list
apt-key adv --keyserver keyserver.ubuntu.com --recv-keys AA700EA2 )

Sorry, no sensors were detected.
Either your sensors are not supported, or they are connected to an
I2C or SMBus adapter that is not supported. See
http://www.lm-sensors.org/wiki/FAQ/Chapter3 for further information.
If you find out what chips are on your board, check
http://www.lm-sensors.org/wiki/Devices for driver status.

i said yes to all
@BoyBastos
Try this
Code:
sudo modprobe w83627ehf force_id=0xa510
and then have a look what
Code:
sensors
has to say about it.
I meant after installing it like this:
Code:
sudo apt-get install lm-sensors
then run:
Code:
sudo sensors-detect
Say "yes" to everything, and see if the program finds anything.

regards,
monty

Try this
Code:
sudo modprobe w83627ehf force_id=0xa510
and then have a look what
Code:
sensors
has to say about it.

jeff@xbmc:~$ sudo modprobe w83627ehf force_id=0xa510
jeff@xbmc:~$ sensors
w83667hg-isa-fff8
Adapter: ISA adapter
in0: +2.04 V (min = +2.04 V, max = +2.04 V) ALARM
in1: +2.04 V (min = +2.04 V, max = +2.04 V) ALARM
in2: +4.08 V (min = +4.08 V, max = +4.08 V) ALARM
in3: +4.08 V (min = +4.08 V, max = +4.08 V) ALARM
in4: +2.04 V (min = +2.04 V, max = +2.04 V) ALARM
in5: +2.04 V (min = +2.04 V, max = +2.04 V) ALARM
in6: +2.04 V (min = +2.04 V, max = +2.04 V) ALARM
in7: +4.08 V (min = +4.08 V, max = +4.08 V) ALARM
in8: +4.08 V (min = +4.08 V, max = +4.08 V) ALARM
fan1: 0 RPM (min = 0 RPM, div = 128) ALARM
fan2: 0 RPM (min = 0 RPM, div = 128) ALARM
fan3: 0 RPM (min = 0 RPM, div = 128) ALARM
fan4: 0 RPM (min = 0 RPM, div = 128) ALARM
temp1: -1.0°C (high = -1.0°C, hyst = -1.0°C) ALARM sensor = diode
temp2: +0.0°C (high = +0.0°C, hyst = +0.0°C) ALARM sensor = diode
cpu0_vid: +0.000 V

hehe thanks mate but i think its off hehe Smile

PS i followed everything on the first 2 posts but unfortunately am stuck after running sensors-detect as there was no sensors detected Sad any suggestions?

Am using foxconn nt330i netbook with full ubuntu karmic 9.10 install and xbmc full. running Linux xbmc 2.6.31-17-generic
I now have serious doubts, that you have the same sensors as the ASRock 330....
well thanks alot monty i have been trying this lm-sensors thing wouldnt seem to work. on the lm-sensors page if i use the pyton sensors-detect i get a chip but it doesnt output any file tho Sad
You mentioned a screenlet, that was capable of displaying the temperatures, did that run under linux? if yes, could you post a link, i'd like to have a look at it.

regards,
monty
  • 13(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[LINUX] My Asrock 330 ION Tweaks, Tips, Tricks, and Fixes!5