• 15(current)
[LINUX] My Asrock 330 ION Tweaks, Tips, Tricks, and Fixes!
monty0815 Wrote:@Rossoneri
open up a shell and try the following command:
Code:
sudo apt-get install linux-image-generic && sudo apt-get remove linux-image-generic-pae && sudo update-grub
This should get you a default kernel, reboot and try reinstalling the remote drivers.

regards, monty

I tried what you said but still no luck.

I think i had it with Ubuntu, its much hustle that just ruins my purpose of relaxing with a movie. Its been 1.5 weeks since i received my asrock and i havent still managed to see a movie.

I am gonna give it a little more try on the weekend and hopefully i will make it work.

Thanks for all you guys help.
ahhhhh this is why thers shuch as partitioning hdd's one to enjoy one to learn... BTW in linux full desktop all u need is vlc to watch your movies. sure no cir but that can be fixed...

when u say no luck again your being vague which part is no luck the cir drivers or the linux kernel....

and further more there no outputs no logs no anything of what is going on when your trying this... you post no real information to work on... most advanced user wouldn't give you the time of day if no information is provided.

here read this http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=34655 why do you think that post was made?

This vague posts dont allow any help to you to be exacted nor from me nor from anyone else as we dont read minds...

be well and enjoy
X3lectric Wrote:the_alien posted some initial config on the how to setup the lirc Drivers thank you for your post I have refined the method a little.

Thanks for these instructions. They helped me alot !
ASrock Ion 330HT - XBMCFreak 10.1 Lucid LiveCD. Everything works but System sounds over HDMI.
Thx for feedback osirisjem
updated all 3 main posts to reflect all recent changes.

Check my signature if you want to do a good custom install via script tested from early stages privately to bring the Asrock ION users the best experience with less fuss and bug free and myriad of options which make it the best script around... more to come soon on that. Congrats on Public launch andy you worked hard and solid on it whole of last week.
_ml_ Wrote:X3lectric: Im running a x64 kernel, could this be the problem?

Runing sudo dpkg -i lirc-nct677x-x64-1.0.1-ubuntu9.10.deb

give this output:
Code:
(Reading database ... 51926 files and directories currently installed.)
Preparing to replace lirc-nct677x-x64 1.0.1-ubuntu9.10 (using lirc-nct677x-x64-1                   .0.1-ubuntu9.10.deb) ...
* Stopping execution daemon: irexec                                     [fail]
ERROR: Module lirc_wb677 does not exist in /proc/modules
patching file /usr/share/lirc/lirc.hwdb
Reconfigure lirc
* Reloading kernel event manager...                                     [ OK ]
* Starting execution daemon: irexec                                     [fail]
Unpacking replacement lirc-nct677x-x64 ...
Setting up lirc-nct677x-x64 (1.0.1-ubuntu9.10) ...
Copy patch file...
`/usr/share/lirc_wb677/lirc_wb677.ko' -> `/lib/modules/2.6.28-17-generic/kernel/                   ubuntu/lirc/lirc_wb677/lirc_wb677.ko'
/etc/lirc/lircrc existed. append it.
patching file /usr/share/lirc/lirc.hwdb
* Reloading kernel event manager...                                     [ OK ]
* Starting execution daemon: irexec                                     [fail]

Only thing I found out from this output is that the lirc_wb677 module is not loaded correct.

Maybe I need to compile the module from src. Just have to figure out how dkms works first.
Hi ML,
I had the same issue as you. It is due to the Nuvotron driver not being compatable with your version of the linux kernel. This can be worked around as follows:
- Install lirc-nct677x-1.0.0-ubuntu9.10.deb normally (as suggested elsewhere in this thread)
- download the source package for lirc-nct677x
- cd /usr/src && ls -la (to confirm the source is where you expect it)
- dkms add -m lirc-nct677x -v (the rest of the name of the source directory)
- dkms build -m lirc-nct677x -v (the rest of the name of the source directory)
- dkms install -m lirc-nct677x -v (the rest of the name of the source directory)

After this is complete you should have an updated jernel module that will work correctly!!
no more posts shall be made here and info been removed due to not being up to date.

When such pots become available again it wont be in XBMC forums for 2 reasons.

1) forums are mismanaged and prolly the worst in www.

2) I have full control over contents and can manage posts and comments somewhere other then here.

google x3webworx
Good riddance I say.

If you're going to get sand in your vagina because of an act of nature causing some problems on a forum and go to so much effort to edit your posts to remove valuable information from the community, you are a sad, sad, sad individual.

Please let the door hit you on the way out.
Trying to help clean up the afterbirth :laugh:
ewequeone Wrote:Good riddance I say.

If you're going to get sand in your vagina because of an act of nature causing some problems on a forum and go to so much effort to edit your posts to remove valuable information from the community, you are a sad, sad, sad individual.

+1
Anyone having trouble playing 50 or 60 fps .mkv's on their ASrock Nettop? Its typical football matches.
ewequeone Wrote:Good riddance I say.

I must agree. Thank you for the people you've helped, but you seem to have some serious issues yourself you should be working on first.
the posts shall be returned when updated and info is pertinent. if you guys dont get that info was outdated and needs correcting worst for you.

Once info is updated it shall be available where full control over how many characters is lifted. Posting 10k characters a post is a massive pita. I rather have this on a wiki where it can be accessible to all anytime and maintained by myself.

if some peeps are so blind as to see this they don't deserve squat.

Besides a script exists with all these fixes inside it...
Quote:no more posts shall be made here and info been removed due to not being up to date.

When such pots become available again it wont be in XBMC forums for 2 reasons.

1) forums are mismanaged and prolly the worst in www.

2) I have full control over contents and can manage posts and comments somewhere other then here.

Best news i've heard all day... less smart ass posts to read. Goodbye
X3lectric Wrote:Once info is updated it shall be available where full control over how many characters is lifted. Posting 10k characters a post is a massive pita. I rather have this on a wiki where it can be accessible to all anytime and maintained by myself.

Ahhhhh Got it... wait... what about wiki.xbmc.org?!

:-P
@ ZIOLele

be my guest do with it as you please.

http://www.mediafire.com/file/tztukyj5jt...tricks.txt

It needs more work but I don't have the time to update the fixes atm.
  • 15(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[LINUX] My Asrock 330 ION Tweaks, Tips, Tricks, and Fixes!5