Automatic lirc resume script
I created an article so that will fully reset usb devices upon resume from standby. Please review for accuracy. http://wiki.xbmc.org/?title=Automatic_li...ume_script

Thanks to l.capriotti
Big Grin 
Thanks for this old post which has at least pointed me in the right direction!

Motivation: I've got a rather unusual setup where the IR receiver is not directly connected to the media center PC. Instead it connects to my main computer using lircd --connect=host[:port] where the receiver is connected to (and lircd is running as well). So the media center gets the commands from the network. Waking up the media center is done by a WOL script on the main computer. This is working fine, but often (not always) the LIRC connection gets broken. So I was searching for a way to restart the LIRC connection within XBMC and came across this post.

The problem: This is not working anymore in 2014 because they removed the HTTP interface. The only way to control XBMC from outside seems to be the JSON-RPC interface now. But this interface does not provide the LIRC.Stop and LIRC.Start commands I need. It seems not even possible to make XBMC run some Python script.

My solution: After long research of the mechanisms to control XBMC from outside the only way for me to go was to write an addon (I really didn't want to learn that Confused) and to call that by the Addons.ExecuteAddon method.

So here are the files:
outleradam, could you eventually refer to this massage in your article? TIA!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Automatic lirc resume script0