Help! How do I fade one image to another and back again?
I want to add a feature in a skin where an image say "Studio picture" fades into "MPAA Rating" anyone know how I could accomplish this? I dont know the code to fade one image into another and create a "loop".
I think you could use the pulse option and fade opacity between 0 and 100, but im not sure if you can put a delay on each side of the pulse "loop"

EDIT - Or you could use MultiImage control somehow ... not sure if it allows you to specify the images - or if it only uses a path ...
http://wiki.xbmc.org/?title=MultiImage_Control
I dont think that will work with a conditional value. I need to be able to fade from the MPAA rating (which is conditional) to another image (probably the star rating image) also conditional.
I asked the same question awhile back...http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=60546.

A couple people responded but I couldn't figure it out and just put it on the back burner and concentrated on other parts of the skin I was working on.
It might be worth a shot to ask for a fadeimage control similar to the fadelabel control for labels.
There is no trigger option for animations that could kick of another animation when yours gets to the end so that is unfortunately out of the question.

Since there is no way (that I know of to pause an fade animation before pulsing back you can't get away with putting the two animations over each other and having them start from 0 and 100 fading in opposite direction as this would only give you a millisecond at 100% before the animation is reversed.

Maybe it would be a good idea to request a possibility to pause an fade before pulse kicks in and reverses the animation?
Code i use to pause an animation then start it again i use this for showing info then after 7 seconds show something else

part one use this on the starting image or what ever you want to display.
Code:
<animation type="Conditional" reversible="false" condition="*******" loop="true">
    <effect type="fade" start="0" end="100" time="500" delay="0" />
    <effect type="fade" start="100" end="0" time="500" delay="7000" />
    <effect type="fade" start="100" end="0" time="500" delay="14000" />
</animation>

second part this fades in after 7 seconds then fades out after 7 seconds
Code:
<animation type="Conditional" reversible="false" condition="*******" loop="true">
    <effect type="fade" start="0" end="100" time="500" delay="7500" />
    <effect type="fade" start="100" end="0" time="500" delay="14000" />
</animation>

This will loop continuously till you change the condition but hack it up for how you need it hope this helps.
How long has 'loop' been available? I can't say I've seen it before.
Thx alot, never knew about loop also...
Hitcher Wrote:How long has 'loop' been available? I can't say I've seen it before.

at least a year or more now its been in the wiki the whole time too. there is also a pulse="" as well which makes it go up and down insead of around
I can see pulse but not loop -

http://wiki.xbmc.org/?title=Animating_Your_Skin
Your right I take it back and I just added it and fixed the pulse one too Smile
Thanks.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Help! How do I fade one image to another and back again?0