• 8(current)
Ellipsis Beta One - Released Friday 4th December 2009
Please note if you have noticed any bugs, please state the platform you are running under for example windows/xbox or linux. Please also include the revision of XBMC you are using (this can be obtained by pressing the 'M' key on the home page, pressing 'start' on a xbox controller or selecting NAV from the dock). Then selecting the second page should show the XBMC revision.

All this information will help us replicate any problems and help Ellipsis in right direction for Final Release.
Currently working on Ellipsis 1.3 Updates. Update Requests Here.
Ellipsis for XBMC 1.2.1 Click here to download & for SVN details.
Twitter.com/TeamBlackbolt | Facebook.com/TeamBlackbolt1 | TeamBlackbolt.co.uk
Blackbolt Wrote:Seems that's exactly what your post is, just a thought. Any chance of going into greater detail? We've spent a long time making sure the skin is very user friendly.

What I mean this looks nice but it feels like primacy has been on appearance ex. the settings page (no great details here ever. Sorry.)
This is like great wine. I wouldn't drink it when I'm thirsty.

Thanks again!! Nod
@blackbolt: if you feel like it, add the mirror to your homepage aswell.
I like it but as always Unicode font problem for other languages Sad
Blackbolt Wrote:Currently episodes has 2 views, Showcase and Vertical scroller. Did you not try changing views? Also please remember that this is a beta and not a final finished product. More views are promised for the next update, with banner views being of high priority. Well we thought we'd make it abundantly clear that the mouse wasn't usable from the second people enabled it. Unprofessional you may say, but I think its worse to have people believe that the mouse actually works.

If I don't see a mouse pointer I don't try to use the skin with a mouse pointer. I was like "WTF? Why is there this big red rounded rectangle in my XBMCHuh" when I first saw it. And it always appears when I move my mouse from my secondary monitor back to XBMC to give it focus.

EDIT: Concerning the navigation "bug" I posted before:
I'm running the XBMC Camelot Beta 1 release on WinXP SP3 32bit.
Always read the online manual (wiki), FAQ (wiki) and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail Team Kodi members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules (wiki).
Please read the pages on troubleshooting (wiki) and bug reporting (wiki) before reporting issues.
Another Mirror if anyone would like it. HERE
The skin was easy to install and looks amazing.

1. In library mode I only get vinyl view which lets you see 4 albums at a time. There should be a list style vertical scroll view so I can see 20 album titles and artists.

2. Vinyl view just shows the album name...not artist.

3. TV view shows a piece of the banner instead of the cover of the dvd set.

Keep going on this project... it has impressive potential (as in showing off your media center to rooks in a bragging way).
a big congrats to Equinox & Blackbolt!
must feel great to finally release your skin to the public after a year of hard work.

i've been only using Ellipsis for an hour, so i'm sure i haven't discovered it's full potential yet....but i have to say i'm pretty charmed by the Cerberus animation.

since the bug reports are already coming in, i might as well add a few things i noticed:
- the 'Settings > Videos > Library' icon disappears when it's not focussed.
- xbmc crashes when you bring up the PlayerControls.
(seems to be caused by the list control "500", it's missing a itemlayout/focussed layout definition)

xbmc svn r-25274
ubuntu karmic

thanx again for all the the you've spent to bring this thing to life!

cheers.
Do not PM or e-mail Team-Kodi members directly asking for support.
Always read the Forum rules, Kodi online-manual, FAQ, Help and Search the forum before posting.
It looks nice, I can't wait to see how it'll end up with more work. I was wondering where the flags are stored, though. I can't seem to open the .xpr file with XPR Express to see.
Really impressive skin
ronie Wrote:a big congrats to Equinox & Blackbolt!
must feel great to finally release your skin to the public after a year of hard work.

i've been only using Ellipsis for an hour, so i'm sure i haven't discovered it's full potential yet....but i have to say i'm pretty charmed by the Cerberus animation.

since the bug reports are already coming in, i might as well add a few things i noticed:
- the 'Settings > Videos > Library' icon disappears when it's not focussed.
- xbmc crashes when you bring up the PlayerControls.
(seems to be caused by the list control "500", it's missing a itemlayout/focussed layout definition)

xbmc svn r-25274
ubuntu karmic

thanx again for all the the you've spent to bring this thing to life!

cheers.

Very helpful information, thank you kindly ronie. We'll look at it now.

legendman Wrote:It looks nice, I can't wait to see how it'll end up with more work. I was wondering where the flags are stored, though. I can't seem to open the .xpr file with XPR Express to see.

While we're in beta, textures are off limits, for now. The flags are stored like this:

\flags\aspectratio
\flags\audio
\flags\defs
\flags\networks
\flags\rating
\flags\video

gammatest Wrote:The skin was easy to install and looks amazing.

1. In library mode I only get vinyl view which lets you see 4 albums at a time. There should be a list style vertical scroll view so I can see 20 album titles and artists.

2. Vinyl view just shows the album name...not artist.

3. TV view shows a piece of the banner instead of the cover of the dvd set.

Keep going on this project... it has impressive potential (as in showing off your media center to rooks in a bragging way).

1. Our next big release will include a lot more views. We'll expand the view types, add new ones, more more more! Smile

2. We can look into this.

3. You need to change, in Scraper settings, to prefer posters. You can get to it when you're using the SET CONTENT menu.
Team Blackbolt - Digital Design
Twitter.com/TeamBlackbolt | TeamBlackbolt.co.uk
Very good work on the skin. It looks really fabulous. I like the fact, that every little part of xbmc was skinned. It takes all experience to the next level Smile

Here are some quick observations:

1) Music could use one more view - preferably some sort of list type.

2) Pressing Info/Menu while playing video should bring up also actual position of movie + runtime (+ maybe current time). Only way to see it now is by pausing video.

3) When trying NAV menu XBMC crashes - XBMC Live 9.11 Beta 1

4) Channel/Studio logos don't have correct aspect ratio.

5) Music albums thumbs are zoomed in vinyl view. Is that intended?

6) Navigation could be little bit smoother when there is lot of posters - ION platform.

Anyway I love this skin! And that's coming from someone who wasn't really impressed by Ellipsis trailers and screenshots.
ezechiel1917 Wrote:Very good work on the skin. It looks really fabulous. I like the fact, that every little part of xbmc was skinned. It takes all experience to the next level Smile

Here are some quick observations:

1) Music could use one more view - preferably some sort of list type.

2) Pressing Info/Menu while playing video should bring up also actual position of movie + runtime (+ maybe current time). Only way to see it now is by pausing video.

3) When trying NAV menu XBMC crashes - XBMC Live 9.11 Beta 1

4) Channel/Studio logos don't have correct aspect ratio.

5) Music albums thumbs are zoomed in vinyl view. Is that intended?

6) Navigation could be little bit smoother when there is lot of posters - ION platform.

Anyway I love this skin! And that's coming from someone who wasn't really impressed by Ellipsis trailers and screenshots.

Thanks for the comments. I'll try to answer your questions as best I can.

1) - All extra view's will be added with our next big release. We have plenty planned for all areas.

2) - Not sure why it doesn't already do this, I am sure it was meant to by design. We'll find out why it doesn't and fix this, thanks! Big Grin

3) - We're aware of a bug when using it in linux and equinox has informed me, its already fixed in the latest internal build, I'm sure we can roll out an update beta one tomorrow with this fix.

4) - Media Flags are not complete at all, any issues with the flags, are down to them not being finished.

5) - This could be an effect of the diffuse, we will look at reducing how much of the album cover is cut off.

6) - Performance issues we will do our best with, but we've been hearing that ION cannot handle some other skins too. But as I say, we'll do everything we can to make it as usable and smooth as possible.

Thanks.
Team Blackbolt - Digital Design
Twitter.com/TeamBlackbolt | TeamBlackbolt.co.uk
Very nice looking skin.

A small bug that I noticed, not sure if it has been reported. you cannot select "ok", "cancel" or "defaults" button in Plugin Settings window via remote. You can only scroll up or down in the list.

Keep up the great work
Zeljko
in bloody work so can't get this till sat morning Sad but i'm sure i'll be impressed Tongue
  • 8(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Ellipsis Beta One - Released Friday 4th December 20090