• 9(current)
Ellipsis Beta One - Released Friday 4th December 2009
minchia.........great job, a little bug, i think, if i use the italian language the clock in the home page is not well displayed. if i use the english language the clock is fine.

xbmc r24883 winxp

EDIT

it isn't a bug. I can't see correctly the clock because of the low resolution of my eeepc 800x480, using an external monitor it works good.
i love the SNAPS view!!!!
Very nice skin....

Some nice novel ideas (like the dock)... and the animated background is quite appealing too (a little like PS3).

Not sure I'd call it a Beta, but everybody's definition of Beta varies. But what's implemented so far works very well.

I did notice an issue in the Ellipsis settings menu where the 'tick box' wasn't being drawn even though the control was being toggled (could hear the click sounds).

Had a couple of crashes too... but I've been having these with Camelot Beta 1 and other skins... so doubt many of them are down to Ellipsis.

The diffused fan art is a question of taste. I quite like it, but would have opted for slightly more fanart to come through... but that's personal choice. I think if you offer a 'no diffuse' setting... that should keep most folks happy, or better still, a 0% 25% 50% 75% setting would be marvellous.

For custom backgrounds... the transition from one background file to the next is a little harsh..... if at all possible, a cross fade from one to the other might be nice... (just a suggestion)

Ken Burns effect might also be nice... but hardly a must have.

The 'focus' is tricky to see on the settings lists... i.e. it's not easy to tell which list item is selected... it's possibly a little too subtle.

Since you've stated there are more views to come, I will comment on them suffice to say the current views you have are quite nice, so more views of the same quality will be looked forward to.

I don't know if I'll move to this skin permanently, but I'm very tempted to. I'm still in the Aeon (with customisations) camp... and sometimes use Ronie's transparency (excellent skin for stability!). Ellipsis is 80% the way to being as good... and there's more to come... so well done to you all.

Much appreciated and I think some of the ideas you've incorporated into this skin will be adopted by many others. VERY good navigation, nice clear UI that works from a distance, and 'acceptable' performance on a low powered PC.

Thumbs Up.
Hi

Some notes found :

- when you check the movie info you only can see the Rating OR the runingtime ! but not both in the same time.
You have to choose sort by runtime to see it in the info window ! it will be great to add them both in the same window
and will be amazing to have them in the main movie info bar where all the flags are.

Thanks
Love the skin! Can't wait until its complete.
A few Bugs:
(I am using XBMC for Xbox r24613, XBMC_XBOX_25010_B1 from the xbmcsvn.com)
Settings menus -- The Icons at the top do not focus
Shutdown Menu -- Cannot move down from "Dashboard"
Snaps/Vinyl View -- The first item likes to redraw itself while browsing
BG Visulaizer -- hidden behind Time Based Theme

I know you ask for a r24924 or later, so I'm going to load up my XDK stuff to stay on top of the last few xbox updates.
also:
Fanart -- hidden behind Time Based Theme
Do not PM or e-mail Team-Kodi members directly asking for support.
Always read the Forum rules, Kodi online-manual, FAQ, Help and Search the forum before posting.
anyone using this on XBOX platform, if so, how does it run?
ronie Wrote:also:
Fanart -- hidden behind Time Based Theme
so that's what it is!

as soon as i installed Ellipsis I went straight to the time based theme and then couldn't figure out why fanart didn't show up.

grupy Wrote:anyone using this on XBOX platform, if so, how does it run?
I'm running it on xbox and seems pretty smooth, though I haven't had more than 20 minutes or so to mess around.
Beautiful skin. I'm not feeling it will be one I use much but it is breathtaking.
had my first play and very impressed i'm sure this will mature like a great wine Smile
beautiful skin!

but, some text not in the language file, so can't translate. like view types.
finally....thanks BB!
I tried the same setup last night and XBMC and it says it's an incompatible skin. i am running the splinter cell softmod with the same virsion of XBMC (XBMC_XBOX_25010_B1)

weinerschnitzel Wrote:Love the skin! Can't wait until its complete.
A few Bugs:
(I am using XBMC for Xbox r24613, XBMC_XBOX_25010_B1 from the xbmcsvn.com)
Settings menus -- The Icons at the top do not focus
Shutdown Menu -- Cannot move down from "Dashboard"
Snaps/Vinyl View -- The first item likes to redraw itself while browsing
BG Visulaizer -- hidden behind Time Based Theme

I know you ask for a r24924 or later, so I'm going to load up my XDK stuff to stay on top of the last few xbox updates.
Smile 
ellipsis has a few bugs so what but i waited so damn long for it so i will enjoy it to the fullest even with the bugs.
It runs beautiful on xbox
I'll be honest, I had my doubts about this skin from the first trailer...and right now they are all gone. This is absolutely the most polished, slick, and fine looking skin to date! Everything works well together, my favorite view is the hybrid for both movies and TVshows. I really have no critiques visually.

The only bug I've encountered was the shortcut menu while in movies/tvshows. It restarted xbmc. I'm running camelot beta 1 live USB.
working good on my xbox so far. I only have 2 requests about it;
-scroll bar for list view in music section. it takes forever to aarow through a couple thousand artists without it (i'm using a remote on the xbox only). OR I could stop being lazy and map page up/down buttons to my remote :S maybe my attachment to scrollbars is silly!

-wall or thumb view for movies. pretty much the same reason as above. its hard to look through 800 films when you only can see 4-5 at a time. Is there a reason why the views under "videos" are not available under "movies"?
  • 9(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Ellipsis Beta One - Released Friday 4th December 20090