Full Screen flickering with Nvidia
I was running fine on the latest public kricker build (24195), but upon upgrading to the Camelot-Alpha2 build and 24368 build I now have a problem in full screen that I'm getting a severe flicker. Its not just during video playback, but also during all menus. I've tried multiple skins and that made no difference.

The best way to describe it is two images that are mostly interlaced, but out of sync. Also could be described as double-vision. Occasionally during menu transitions and the like the images will sync momentarily, but won't stay that way for more than a second or two.

I'm running Windows 7 32-bit with an integrated Nvidia 6150. I've tried the 185, 191, and 195 beta video drivers just to be complete. Reverting back to the previous 24195 build of XBMC for Windows and everything works fine.

Running in windowed mode works fine. The ATI hack and the fakefullscreen settings in my advancedsettings.xml did nothing. The Vertical Blank Sync setting does change how the flicker occurs, but doesn't solve it. (ie one way is a clear two pictures and the other flickers more)

I can't think of any other information that might be useful. I've done some significant digging on the forums and mostly only found these issues with ATI cards.
Hmm got you guys stumped?
Download RivaTuner
Install it and let it build its libraries.
Once it loads, open the OpenGL options panel by clicking on the bottom drop down menu
Go to the Back/Depth Buffering Tab
Choose *block transfer* in the first drop down*
Apply the changes.

Problem should be fixed.
Ugh!!!

I can't get RivaTuner to give me the option to change the setting. I've tried all the suggestions of the ForceDriverVersion since I'm running Windows 7 32-bit with the 185.85 drivers, but it doesn't give me the customize button.

So I can't get to the openGL settings to change it.

Anyone know what changed between build 24195 and Alpha1 that caused this to be necessary?

I'll keep trying to get RivaTuner to work or see if I can find the Registry entry to manually change it.

If anyone else has any other ideas I'll happily give them a try...otherwise I guess I'm stuck at 24195.
A couple of questions:

1. Is this computer connected to a TV? And if so, through HDMI?
2. Do you have this issue with anything else that runs in hardward 3d (like a game or something)
3. Did you completely uninstall XBMC before reinstalling Alpha 1?
4. Debug log?
Windows 7 x64 Home Premium
Gigabyte MA78GM-U2SH Mainboard
ATI HD3200 Onboard
AMD 7750BE Dual-Core 4.00GB RAM
ATI HD3200 HDMI Sound
HTPC HMDI -> ONKYO TX-SR605 -> Panasonic TH-46PZ85U Plasma
1. Is this computer connected to a TV? And if so, through HDMI?

Yes it's a 46" Samsung HDTV, but connected via VGA not HDMI.

2. Do you have this issue with anything else that runs in hardward 3d (like a game or something)

No nothing else is installed. DirectX is installed and directx diag shows that things appear to be working fine. Version numbers of files seem intact. I did find out this only affects the DirectX builds and not the OpenGL builds.

3. Did you completely uninstall XBMC before reinstalling Alpha 1?

Yes I've installed/uninstalled and tried standalone versions of the builds.

4. Debug log?

Debug log looks fine because everything works as it should with the exception of the flicker. Which appears to be a rendering problem and that doesn't appear to be logging anything.

The real question is if the "Back/Depth Buffering" change in RivaTuner then that should point to the source of the bug. Personally I don't think that having to use a underdeveloped unreliable 3rd party hack to get it working seems unnecessarily difficult and prohibitive.
It's a windows 7 opengl issue with some drivers.... But you say it affect only DXHuh
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

Okay I need to play with this more. I just discovered this morning that the builds that I've been using are old.

I didn't realize the 24368 build from http://www.xbmcsvn.com was actually older than Alpha2 (24542).

I'm going to see if I can get the SVN to compile on my own.
Well I got the latest SVN to compile fine.

I've tried both the 24725 directx and opengl build. I can confirm that this is in fact only happening with the directx build.

I am completely unable to get RivaTuner to work on this machine to change the OpenGL setting that others have suggested, but given that this appears to be a directx build issue I doubt it would have worked.

Anyone have any other ideas of what to try next?
There is a setting in gui about using fake fullscreen, ie a window instead of actual fullscreen (on apperence screen). Toggle that and see what happens.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

elupus Wrote:There is a setting in gui about using fake fullscreen, ie a window instead of actual fullscreen (on apperence screen). Toggle that and see what happens.

Hmm...I don't think I tried this since I updated to the newest builds. I'll retry that when I get home and see if it fixes the issue. Makes sense that it should fix it since my understanding is that the fakefullscreen is just a window that is the size of a the whole screen.

I can't see the xbmc in fullscreen mode when I use logmein so I can't test it remotely.

Thanks for the suggestion
Well that seems to have worked.

Not sure why this wouldn't have worked on the earlier builds unless it wasn't implemented. So now at least you know that its a problem with displaying things in Fullscreen mode.

Thanks again for the help
elupus Wrote:There is a setting in gui about using fake fullscreen, ie a window instead of actual fullscreen (on apperence screen). Toggle that and see what happens.

Edit: Ive moved this question to the sticky regarding Camelot A2-tearing where its more relevant....http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?p=4...post443043

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Full Screen flickering with Nvidia0