Screen goes blank after skin sleected
When I switch to Rapier Skin, I'm having a problem where the screen goes blank once I exit out of the skin selection menu. I can hear the sounds when I move the selector around and also sounds when I press enter on the remote. It's on a 1080p TV.

Pastebin Log
You have to press back or backspace or menu or something... I don't remember anymore as I deleted the startup.xml file from 720p folder which seems to have fixed the problem.
wannabegt4 Wrote:You have to press back or backspace or menu or something... I don't remember anymore as I deleted the startup.xml file from 720p folder which seems to have fixed the problem.
I've pressed a bunch of buttons on the remote, and I can hear the audio cues, but nothing is displayed on screen. How can I click Menu if I can't see what I'm doing? There's no dedicated settings button on the remote.
I'm guessing you are using an older xbmc build that doesn't support special:// so the images don't show up on home. Try the latest SVN?
scarfa Wrote:I'm guessing you are using an older xbmc build that doesn't support special:// so the images don't show up on home. Try the latest SVN?
Is there a stable SVN that I can grab?
Try the latest Camelot A2, see if it's stable enough for you.

http://xbmc.org/download/
scarfa Wrote:Try the latest Camelot A2, see if it's stable enough for you.

http://xbmc.org/download/
Is there another way to update the current system without burning a new cd? Can I download it from the XBMC box and update from there?
Why do you need to burn it? Just ftp it to your xbmc box.
scarfa Wrote:Why do you need to burn it? Just ftp it to your xbmc box.
I've never done an SVN update so I don't know the process. I can send it to the media PC, but what's the command to update using the newly transferred file?

EDIT: It's an ISO, so how could this be done without burning a CD?
Ok, I'm on 9.11 Live and still have this problem. Anyone replicate it?
i always just press back and then the regular menu comes up. have you tried that?
Contribute to TheTVDB.com - The Online TV Database
I had Aeon and Rapier installed and Aeon was working fine until i inserted an audio cd and my menu was completely blank. The space is there for it, but no options. On the Settings > Customise screen they're gone as well (I had turned a couple on and a couple off). I installed Rapier and it was the same issue. If I hit 'S' I can get back to settings or shut it down, but that does no good for the rest of the program. I just downloaded XBMC tonight so it's the newest version.
Superorb Wrote:Ok, I'm on 9.11 Live and still have this problem. Anyone replicate it?

yes, it can be easily fixed though...

modify Settings.xml:
Code:
<window id="4">
    <defaultcontrol[b] always="true"[/b]>[b]10[/b]</defaultcontrol>
    <controls>
[b]        <control type="button" id="10">
            <onfocus>ReplaceWindow(Home)</onfocus>
            <texturenofocus>-</texturenofocus>
            <texturefocus>-</texturefocus>
        </control>[/b]
    </controls>
</window>
Do not PM or e-mail Team-Kodi members directly asking for support.
Always read the Forum rules, Kodi online-manual, FAQ, Help and Search the forum before posting.
^I'll give it a shot, but it looks pretty similar to the startup.xml file.
Superorb Wrote:^I'll give it a shot, but it looks pretty similar to the startup.xml file.
This seemed to solve the issue, but I'm going to stick with Confluence after all.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Screen goes blank after skin sleected0