• 1(current)
ASRock ION 330HT (2nd gen) - built-in IR, which lirc driver?
Hey there,

I received my ASRock 330HT today and installed ubuntu+xbmc. Everything except for the remote is working great. I cannot get lirc to recognize the remote (irw never responds). I'm pretty sure I'm just using the wrong module (mceusb) but don't know which one would be correct.

Any Ideas which driver to use? Tried a bunch but so far no success (just random guesses anyways).

/zilence

Sorry for the off-topic question ...
I just received my 330HT today, and I'm having the same problems as you're describing.
Starting point is to see if it is able detect the device. I'm guessing its a built in usb ir device?

Run the following command and paste the output:

Code:
dmesg | grep -i usb
Doesnt appear to be usb, full dmesg here: http://pastie.org/703602.txt

Code:
dmesg | grep -i usb
[    0.480155] usbcore: registered new interface driver usbfs
[    0.480155] usbcore: registered new interface driver hub
[    0.480165] usbcore: registered new device driver usb
[    1.321488] ehci_hcd: USB 2.0 'Enhanced' Host Controller (EHCI) Driver
[    1.322531] ehci_hcd 0000:00:04.1: new USB bus registered, assigned bus number 1
[    1.332035] ehci_hcd 0000:00:04.1: USB 2.0 started, EHCI 1.00
[    1.332195] usb usb1: configuration #1 chosen from 1 choice
[    1.332264] hub 1-0:1.0: USB hub found
[    1.332419] ohci_hcd: USB 1.1 'Open' Host Controller (OHCI) Driver
[    1.333408] ohci_hcd 0000:00:04.0: new USB bus registered, assigned bus number 2
[    1.390150] usb usb2: configuration #1 chosen from 1 choice
[    1.390216] hub 2-0:1.0: USB hub found
[    1.390358] uhci_hcd: USB Universal Host Controller Interface driver

(keyboard not connected at the moment ...)

The IR header connector is located on the motherboard and connected to the led but I cannot find any further information on the hardware itself.

digged a little deeper (looked at windows drivers lol) the chipset used is a "Nuvoton W836x7HG CIR Device", still no success tho. Sad
I'm having the same problem here with my new HT Asrock device. The IR receiver doesn't seem to work under linux. I've installed a minimal Ubuntu with fluxbox and XBMC on top of that. But I can't get the remote to work under XBMC or lirc (irw indeed does not respond).

BTW, I also can't seem to get the built-in wireless functionality to work. Did you get that to work zilence? This is no problem for me though, as I'm using a cable, but the IR receiver not working is frustating, I'm running out of options here...
Sad 
I bought the Asrock ION 330 HT-BD.
Everything works great, but not the remote.
I tried Ubuntu 9.04, 9.10, XBMC 9.11 alpha 2 Live.
My old USB Microsoft eHome reciever works fine. I can use the Asrock remote and the Microsoft remote.

therealdude: Are you using ubuntu 9.04? I use ubuntu 9.10 now and Wireless works fine Smile.
Just another "me too". I'm using F12 with kernel 2.6.31 and there doesn't seem to be any device listed for the IR receiver... do we even know if it is USB or PCI?
WLAN works fine under 9.10

I checked inside BIOS and found a CIR enable/disable-switch (it's enabled), so I guess the device is present.

The driver-CD that came with this unit have some windows-drives for the CIR-device.

relnote.txt inside the XP-folder says:

XP CIR driver for Nuvoton's W836x7HG CIR devices.
I have searched everywhere i can think for support for that device under linux and have come up with nothing.

I would suggest dropping ASRock an email and asking them to confirm details of the chipset, and ask if they have any detail of a linux driver.
prae5 Wrote:I would suggest dropping ASRock an email and asking them to confirm details of the chipset, and ask if they have any detail of a linux driver.

I've done just that, please everyone do the same and hopefully they will answer. Seems odd that they released some hardware with no Linux drivers as I'm sure they are aware that a lot of people buying this hardware will want to run Linux on it. Hope I'm not going to be forced to run Windows 7!

While I'm here: anyone got the sound output working over HDMI on Linux? Did you need to do anything special or did it "just work"?
BlueC Wrote:I've done just that, please everyone do the same and hopefully they will answer. Seems odd that they released some hardware with no Linux drivers as I'm sure they are aware that a lot of people buying this hardware will want to run Linux on it. Hope I'm not going to be forced to run Windows 7!

While I'm here: anyone got the sound output working over HDMI on Linux? Did you need to do anything special or did it "just work"?

I did not get HDMI audio working using Ubutu+XBMC.
I tried XBMC-Live-alpha2 and it worked "out of the box".
robbie72 Wrote:I did not get HDMI audio working using Ubutu+XBMC.
I tried XBMC-Live-alpha2 and it worked "out of the box".

I worked it out - got to use alsamixer to unmute an spdif channel, then use alsactl to store the settings. works fine now.

Sorry for taking it off topic, now how to get this damn IR receiver working?
in the same situation everything is working sweet just need the remote working now.
i'm taking mine back, it is WAY too noisy for a HTPC. It is sold as being "Silent" - even has it all over the box - and it is anything but. Hugely disappointed. Looks like its a Revo for me.
I think you just have a bad fan in you unit, its alot more quiet then the old xbox. The revo has just one core, no hyper trading, no optical out, etc.
Case: Ahanix MCE301 Mainboard: M3N78-VM :CPU X2 4200 MHz SSD: 2x OCZ agility 30G Ram: 2G Remote: MS MCE. MSI Geforece 210 & Asrock 330 ION.
  • 1(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
ASRock ION 330HT (2nd gen) - built-in IR, which lirc driver?1