How to stop XBMC from booting as shell?
Hi
I've just installed ubuntu for the first time so bear with me if I don't see the obvious solutions.

I just bought a Zotac IONITX A motherboard to make a HTPC/server with ubuntu and xbmc. However, after installing most of the system and getting Ubuntu to work somewhat intentional, I couldn't resist the temptation to change the shell to XBMC, just to see how it worked. I know there is a warning against it on the install page, but I thought it was reversible.. but it seems it wasn't. Now every time I boot the system, it goes straight to XBMC and there doesn't seem to be anything to do about it.

Is there anyway to force the system to boot gnome again? I found this guide but I'm already lost at step one since there, as far as I can tell, never comes a prompt for pressing escape. Even pressing escape wildly as the system boots (a little desperate, I know) didn't help.

Can anyone offer some advice? Keep in mind you might have to explain it in a lot of detail for me to get it, as I'm not that used to Ubuntu.

Thanks in advance

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
How to stop XBMC from booting as shell?0