Moving Library
I'm planning to move my entire video library to a new machine very soon. However everything in my library is still pointing to the files on the old machine. Is there a way to change the location of the files listed in the Library, or am I better off just to rescan everything back in after the move?
The only way to do it is to export all info to separate files. This will place .nfo files alongside the media files. The import then just reads from them rather than hitting the web.

There's pros and cons to this. Pros are that it's fast. Cons are that the info may become stale - if you want to refresh information at a later date you have to delete the nfo file.

Cheers,
Jonathan
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

I have all of my media on 4 external drives connected to an 8 Core Mac Pro running snow leopard. I have a quad 2.5 G5, non intel, in my home theater running leopard, and this is connected to my other computers over a wired network using an airport extreme. I have xmbc on both machines. I have scraped all of my movies on the 8 Core, now I would like to be able to transfer all of the movie data over to the G5 in my home theater. Is it as simple as exporting exporting my video library?

Thanks,
Steve

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Moving Library0