thetvdb is down for now
More than unrelated! This is a tvdb thread. Keep it clean and post your issue somewhere else please.
Always read the online manual (wiki), FAQ (wiki) and search the forum before posting.
Do not PM or e-mail Team-Kodi members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules (wiki).
Please read the pages on troubleshooting (wiki) and bug reporting (wiki) before reporting issues.
vdrfan Wrote:More than unrelated! This is a tvdb thread. Keep it clean and post your issue somewhere else please.
I did post this elsewhere in its own thread, but it seems to have gone ignored Sad
hitman Wrote:put a hosts entry

67.152.32.114 images.thetvdb.com

For Linux edit /etc/hosts

For Windows it will be %windir%\system32\drivers\etc\hosts

To confirm the IP address perform a "nslookup www.thetvdb.com"

Very bad advice. Just update your scraper (it's been updated in XBMC for months) or replace all instances of images.thetvdb.com with http://www.thetvdb.com in your scraper.

The problem with hard coding it is that it'll bypass our round-robin DNS once we have additional mirrors up (next week?), and it'll break when we eventually change our IP address again. In other words, you're screwing us over and not solving your problem permanently.
szsori Wrote:Very bad advice. Just update your scraper (it's been updated in XBMC for months) or replace all instances of images.thetvdb.com with http://www.thetvdb.com in your scraper.

The problem with hard coding it is that it'll bypass our round-robin DNS once we have additional mirrors up (next week?), and it'll break when we eventually change our IP address again. In other words, you're screwing us over and not solving your problem permanently.
Is there a way to update the scraper without replacing all instances of images.thetv... ? I'm running Live 9.04.1 so I assumed it had the newest info.
Beta1 will be out today/tomorrow. You should consider updating or wait for the "final" release. Mixing current scrapers with the older 9.04.1 build might cause other nasty issues.
Always read the online manual (wiki), FAQ (wiki) and search the forum before posting.
Do not PM or e-mail Team-Kodi members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules (wiki).
Please read the pages on troubleshooting (wiki) and bug reporting (wiki) before reporting issues.
vdrfan Wrote:Beta1 will be out today/tomorrow. You should consider updating or wait for the "final" release. Mixing current scrapers with the older 9.04.1 build might cause other nasty issues.
Thanks. Is there a thread that describes how to update to a newer version without burning a new CD? I tried "apt-get upgrade" and "apt-get update" but those didn't work.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
thetvdb is down for now0