Get audio but no video on build 24368 (dx builds)
I've seen multiple people post this issue in a few different threads in the last couple days and was wondering if there is a known solution. XBMC runs fine but when I play a video or do the test patterns the screen is black. With a movie I do hear the audio just fine. I have updated my ATI drivers as well as directx. ATI HD3200.

I did a search for this issue and there have been a few more posts with debug logs as well but no info on it yet. Here was one post.

All I did was get an opengl version of build 24368 and it worked perfect. I would like to use the directx builds if possible.
edit: misread post
same problem here

newest win release

audio works fine, but no video

ATI 4770
I guess this has been one of the main issues in the DX build thread. Some people have white screens and others black. To fix it all you have to do is uninstall your build and then download the alpha build from XBMC main site and install it. Then just update to the latest svn afterwards and everything will work fine. If you don't want to loose your library data just rename the xbmc folder in the appdata/roaming folder before you uninstall and name it back after you finish installing the new one.
same problem with a Radeon 9250 (DX 8.1 card) - DX build gives a white screen - OpenGL build works fine.
@pajh my previous post is how to get the directx version to run just fine.
Flook, what yo mean is that we have to make a clean install of the a2 buid and then dowload and compile the lastest svn?
Uninstall xbmc first. Then get alpha2 and install it. After that use xbmcupdate to get the latest svn. It will download the newest svn and update your xbmc for you. After that you should be fine.
Actually Flook your steps won't fix the problem.

xbmcupdate will revert the install to build 24195 OpenGL which is the last build just prior to Camelot-Alpha1. I can't find the post, but Kricker decided not to do new builds after the dev team started releasing official Alpha builds.

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?p=4...post439086

At the top of the post it says how to switch xbmcupdate to install directx builds, but still the latest from that is 24195.

I also looked at the builds here:

http://www.xbmcsvn.com/

But these builds only go to 24368 which is prior to Camelot-Alpha2.

Camelot-Alpha2 is build 24542 and I believe its the DirectX version, but can't find anyway to be sure other than I know the devs are trying to make the DirectX version the only Windows version eventually.

I also am having issues with the DirectX builds, but I'm getting a serious flicker issue in full screen.

I wish they would have put build numbers on the official Alpha releases so that it would be clear that all the "unofficial" svn binary builds out there for Windows are out of date.
Seems some people have corrupt system folder, especially the system/shaders folder and the new .fx file that is supposed to be in there.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

I see. I was more following some of the posts in the directx thread. Well the uninstalling of my gl build, deleting udata, installing the new alpha 2 build and rebuilding library seams to be working now and is what countless people did in the directx thread to fix their problem. I had no idea that xbmcupdate was not updating anymore. I just reinstalled the alpha2 and things are still working great.
Flook Wrote:I see. I was more following some of the posts in the directx thread. Well the uninstalling of my gl build, deleting udata, installing the new alpha 2 build and rebuilding library seams to be working now and is what countless people did in the directx thread to fix their problem. I had no idea that xbmcupdate was not updating anymore. I just reinstalled the alpha2 and things are still working great.

No worries I just realized this myself just this morning. I feel kind of dumb banging my head against this the last couple days only to find out that I'm using old versions. Not sure if the problems are resolved, but I have a new place to start anyways.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Get audio but no video on build 24368 (dx builds)0