Problem Setting Default Source
I am trying to enable the Set Home and TV Shows default source with the xTV saf skin. Unfortunatly when I select to enable them I can only move down to a blank bar beneath the enable ticker. I have tried pressing everything on the blank area but nothing happens.

Also I have this skin on the newest version XBMC, running on Windows 7

Another problem I am having is the thumbnails. In file view the only way to get the thumbs to show as the movie folder is to manually go to movie information, get thumb, set thumb as remote, or add a folder. jpg to the folder. XBMC is scrapping all the info and thumbs but just not showing them as the folder cover. Kind of annoying when you have a large library of movies.

Thanks in advance for any help you could shed on these problems.
ozman911 Wrote:I am trying to enable the Set Home and TV Shows default source with the xTV saf skin. Unfortunatly when I select to enable them I can only move down to a blank bar beneath the enable ticker. I have tried pressing everything on the blank area but nothing happens.

Also I have this skin on the newest version XBMC, running on Windows 7

Another problem I am having is the thumbnails. In file view the only way to get the thumbs to show as the movie folder is to manually go to movie information, get thumb, set thumb as remote, or add a folder. jpg to the folder. XBMC is scrapping all the info and thumbs but just not showing them as the folder cover. Kind of annoying when you have a large library of movies.

Thanks in advance for any help you could shed on these problems.

ozman911,

If you can post a FULL debug log to a online file host and post a link to it here, I will take a look. Does the problem only occur in xTV SAF (have you checked if it occurs in other skins, PM3.HD in particular)?

First problem sounds like the script selecting script is not getting run.

Second problem, That is the way that I look after folder thumbs. Do other skins do things differently? I have not really touched the file views until this upcoming release (sometime this weekend), so this would probably be the way things were handled by the original xTV skin. Suggest that you use a offline file scrapper program to set folder.jpg for you.

Will see what I can figure out, but not sure if I can do anything before xTV SAF v0.80 is released

Wyrm (xTV SAF)
If required a FULL debug log can now be submitted from the skin in settings->skin settings->support. Or follow instructions here if you can't access skin settings.

FAQ's located at :- http://kodi.wiki/view/Add-on:AppTV
Thanks for the reply,, I am getting ready to go to work right now but I will get that debug posted as soon as I get home tonight.

The folder.jpg issue is actually occurring in all the skins.. I posted here though because of the issue with not being able to set the default dir. I had XP on this same machine and it worked great. Then I decided to go with Ubuntu and XBMC ran REALLY slow.. So I canned Ubuntu and decided to give 7 a try... BIG difference. I think my HTPC has never ran so great and I never had to install a single driver.

XBMC runs great on 7 with just the few bugs that I mentioned.

One more thing I have run across and Im sure its more my doings than anything. I tried to put the Wrap flow fanart hack in. It works great except that it only shows the fanart in the TV Shows and Not Movies. It did change the coverflow in both though. And I even tried to add the moviename-fanart.tbn to the individual files.

My directory is as follows. E: (Movies)/Movie Name Folder/movie.avi
D: (TV Shows)/Tv Show Name Folder/Season Folder/S01E01.avi

Thanks again for your help
http://www.mediafire.com/?4g1ijvnj1nf

Theres a link to the log from xbmc. I had a look at it and theres seems to be some errors with some directories that need to be written.
ozman911 Wrote:http://www.mediafire.com/?4g1ijvnj1nf

Theres a link to the log from xbmc. I had a look at it and theres seems to be some errors with some directories that need to be written.

ozman911,

as I suspected found the problem in the first couple of lines, no need to check further.

Your build of XBMC is too old. xTV SAF uses special:// type file addressing (to move to a platform neutral addressing scheme as setup by the XBMC developers). This change was introduced after your 'Latest' build of XBMC at around about SVN 21000.

Solution :- Update XBMC to XBMC Camelot Alpha 2 or wait about a week or so for the release version of of XBMC Camelot. Or you can Google 'XBMC nightly builds' and go and grab the 'Latest' build of XBMC there.

Wyrm
If required a FULL debug log can now be submitted from the skin in settings->skin settings->support. Or follow instructions here if you can't access skin settings.

Post moved to Correct thread, check main release thread for news on xTV SAF

Wyrm

Sweet! Thanks for the help! I thought something seemed a bit funny with all the little bugs I was having.

Im trying to learn to learn skinning and hope to make my own soon. Sorry if it was a stupid mistake Smile

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Problem Setting Default Source0