Smart playlist with tags not all showing
Using 12.2 on Windows 7 and with the Ace skin. I save all my metadata with metabrowser 2. Library is functioning fine but I want to separate some stuff.
Have about a 100 kid titles and tried to make a smart playlist with tags is KIDS as the rule. Only about a 4th of the titles show up on the playlist. The tag field looks the same for titles
in the playlist and the ones that are being left out. I deleted everything and reinstalled 12.2 with the same result.
Can't figure out why it wont show all the titles. Any ideas?
I did something similar before I got smart and just used separate folders instead of tags, but that's not to say that tags never worked.

Type -> Movies
Find items where -> Tags is <insert tag>
Limit -> no limit

Worked fine for me.
Yeah those are my settings. Its just strange how some of the movies show up and not others.
You are 100% sure that the movies not being shown are in fact in the library(videos -> movies)?
Yes the movies that are being shown and the ones not being shown are all in the same directory. Children Movies.
My library consists of 2 directories. Movies and Children Movies
Well you can definitely skip the tags part then.

Change the smart playlist to use "path starts with" instead of "tag is".

ie:
Type -> Movies
Find items where -> Path starts with "D:\Children Movies"
Limit -> no limit

Won't need to tag anything in there ever again.

Also, for the entries being hidden...any chance that you have "hide watched" enabled in the view settings?
Actually I have it that way now, but the problem is there are a couple of titles I would like to have in my Movies collections and in their children Movies collection. Such as Star Wars, so it I were to put a kids tag on the star wars it would show up under the smart playlist for the kids and also stay in my collection. But yeah, I might just have to suck it up or just have a duplicate copy of stuff like that.
Shame stuff like that wont work. I did try and manually add a tag in the XBMC interface instead of editing nfo file and that did work.

Oh and "hide watched" is not enabled.
Editting nfos? tags? wah?

Anytime you edit nfo files, in order to get the updated data you need to refresh the movie. All the tag stuff I've done has been strictly through xbmc interface(videos -> movies -> tags).

If you want some movies from the main collection in with the kids, you could use a tag for those exceptions. Change the smart playlist to 'path starts with <path here>' OR 'tag is <tag>'.
Lol, this isn't my first rodeo. Like I said in my first post I use metabrowser 2, which as you know saves information to .nfo files, including a tag field <tag></tag>
Of course I know to refresh, I totally rebuilt my database with the kids tags in place.

Good idea on the 'OR', I didn't think about that. I'll try it, hopefully it will work. Still think its crazy that some would work and some not.

You do all the tags through the interface? What if you have to redo your database or its corrupted, you would have to re tag everything!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Smart playlist with tags not all showing0