memory function
sorry if this has been brought up before but i wasn't sure exactly what to search for.

what i am wondering, or suggesting if it has yet to be done is, a memory function. the function should, when xbmc is up, and for example playing an mp3, you can shut it down then when you restart, it will begin playing the mp3 where it left off, and it would also be in the same directory as that mp3. the samething could work for movies also. i am using an xbox, with xbmc as the dash along with a 7" indash lcd as my entertainment system in my vehicle, usually used to play the mp3s that are on it, everytime i shut off the car and come back i have to navigate back to where i was and start it, i have the xbox dvd remote setup in there so its not too hard, but it does take time and could be easier and function more like a standard indash cd player. i hope this isn't asking too much, but i think many others, myself included, would find much use out of this feature. once again if this already exsists, please excuse my post, and let me know where i can find the information i'm seeking, if it does not exsist, i hope some of the very talented people around here will give it a shot. thanks
(blingo @ sep. 30 2004,17:15 Wrote:sorry if this has been brought up before but i wasn't sure exactly what to search for.

what i am wondering, or suggesting if it has yet to be done is, a memory function. the function should, when xbmc is up, and for example playing an mp3, you can shut it down then when you restart, it will begin playing the mp3 where it left off, and it would also be in the same directory as that mp3. the samething could work for movies also. i am using an xbox, with xbmc as the dash along with a 7" indash lcd as my entertainment system in my vehicle, usually used to play the mp3s that are on it, everytime i shut off the car and come back i have to navigate back to where i was and start it, i have the xbox dvd remote setup in there so its not too hard, but it does take time and could be easier and function more like a standard indash cd player. i hope this isn't asking too much, but i think many others, myself included, would find much use out of this feature. once again if this already exsists, please excuse my post, and let me know where i can find the information i'm seeking, if it does not exsist, i hope some of the very talented people around here will give it a shot. thanks
i've brought this up more than a few times, still haven't heard a response one way or the other. the way it looks right now i'd be surprised if this feature made it's way in unless one of the devs started using an xbox in their car and realized what features are sorely missing.

here's hoping someone implements this feature.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
memory function0