• 4(current)
Rev24811 + Confluence = AWESOME!
I love the skin. Your the one of the best skinners Jezz.
HTPC= AMD Athlon X2 BE-2350 l Gigabyte GA-MA78GM-S2H 780G l G Skill 2GB l HVR-1800 l PVR-150 l Ultra MicroFly Case l 180GB SATA l 250GB IDE
Old HTPC Build / Current 780G HTPC Build / My Website
Is there a svn link for the skin only yet?
I don't believe so.
HTPC= AMD Athlon X2 BE-2350 l Gigabyte GA-MA78GM-S2H 780G l G Skill 2GB l HVR-1800 l PVR-150 l Ultra MicroFly Case l 180GB SATA l 250GB IDE
XBMCG33K Wrote:Is there a svn link for the skin only yet?

Not quite sure what you're looking for. Confluence will be included with XBMC now by default, so it will remain in the main SVN.

See here for svn.

TheUni
Can I ask what the font is used for confluence? Looks a bit like Journal.

Cheers
garyi Wrote:Can I ask what the font is used for confluence? Looks a bit like Journal.

Cheers

To be honest I got no idea but I think it was custom made by teamrazorfish
xbs08 Wrote:no eleven month wait!

ronie Wrote:no beta donation program ;-)

great work (as ever) Jezz_X.

i'm glad to see the default greyish skin has been replaced by something colorful.
it's a feast to the eye!

AnalogKid Wrote:oooh I am going to have to change my thinking with regard to 'great new skins in the pipeline'.

*cancels special 'team new skin' website
*cancels 9 months too early announcement
*cancels special early preview pay per view scheme
*cancels firework display designed to reveal what might be coming one day soon
*cancels flash video promotion that had more effort applied to it than the skin itself

Great to see XBMC take the next step... a nice shiny default skin that does what it says on the tin... "works!"

Got to love the quiet efficiency of the skinners who just work hard, and deliver great stuff. Many thanks!
To be fair this is a mod of MediaStream, a skin that took quite some time to make.

Having said that and not to belittle what Jezz_X has done here - fantastic work as always.
Jezz_X Wrote:Just to get this out in the air. This is actually a rework of my MediaStream_Redux version I did to make it less mediastream like if you take the time to look at the original MediaStream skin and compare them the only real thing this has in common is the font, a vertical home menu and 2 views in the video library.

As an user of your original MediaStream_Redux skin, has this Confluence changed a lot of the redux code base? I have some personal modifications and I'm curious if they will be easy to port from redux to confluence. Confused (as I guess redux will be abandoned)

In any case, thanks for your excellent work.
Hitcher Wrote:To be fair this is a mod of MediaStream, a skin that took quite some time to make.

Having said that and not to belittle what Jezz_X has done here - fantastic work as always.

I have to say, that whilst I do like to take the latest and greatest modded skins, it as always the default skin I have to return to in times of trouble (When I'm not 100% sure an issue isn't in the skin). Without a great fallback we'd be doomed.

Also, I suspect there are a lot of users who come to the XBMC site and download for the first time expecting to see Aeon (or similar) and then feel 'cheated' because what they are faced with is something different. I might actually write something up on this subject, since it wouldn't take much to explain to people that to get the skin, covers and the fanart etc, they need to do a little work. After all, there IS only so much XBMC can do... users have to help themselves a little bit too. But a nice sexy skin with a clear UI might just help some of the easily 'put off' first time users stick with XBMC.

I used to be a massive MediaPortal (great product) user. I tried it out again the other day and realised what a daunting first time experience it is!. I've used it before, and forgot how to set a few things up. Heaven help a novice!

The skins of the last year have truly come on leaps and bounds :-)
Hitcher Wrote:To be fair this is a mod of MediaStream, a skin that took quite some time to make.

Wrong! This isn't a mod of MediaStream.

• Intel NUC Kit DN2820FYKH ~ Crucial DDR3L SO-DIMM 4GB ~ SanDisk ReadyCache 32GB SSD ~ Microsoft MCE model 1039 RC6 remote
Sorry Jexx_Z, I forgot that Redux was made from the ground up.
Quick question. How do i enable the "TV Shows" home button? It seems greyed out for me? Do i need to follow a specific file/folder structure? Atm i have /home/xbmc/Videos/TV Shows/

Thanks! (btw running last nights SVN build of XBMC + confluence)
You need to have scanned TV Shows to the library first.
AH ok. I did that. Will check later if the option is available to me now.
AnalogKid Wrote:I used to be a massive MediaPortal (great product) user. I tried it out again the other day and realised what a daunting first time experience it is!. I've used it before, and forgot how to set a few things up. Heaven help a novice!

The skins of the last year have truly come on leaps and bounds :-)

I had the same experience with Meedio. You had to configure each individual plug-in and when the plug-in would no longer be supported, you would be out of luck or having to switch to a new plug-in that you had to figure out how to use. Then when you haven't messed with the configurations for a while, you had to start over trying to figure out all the configurations.

That's what I like about XBMC, it's actually easier to setup right out of the box. If people think it's too complicated, they should try some of the others out there.

Again, Thanks Jezz. You've been making great skins since MC360. Very talented.
  • 4(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Rev24811 + Confluence = AWESOME!4