xbmc-port-depends build issue on Snow Leopard
Hi Guys,

Davilla suggested I post this here (http://trac.xbmc.org/ticket/7491).

I'm attempting to build XBMC on Snow Leopard using the instructions in the readme.osx. I've gotten through most of the Macports dependancies without problems, but I'm hitting the following issue when trying to install samba3 using the following cmd-line (I'm not building for universal, just Snow Leopard): sudo port install samba3

I've followed all of the instructions to the letter, but alas, my development experience is limited to .NET, so I'm a bit out of my depth with the linux/osx development tools.

Here's the Macports console log:

---> Fetching samba3
---> Attempting to fetch samba-3.2.14.tar.gz from ftp://ftp.bit.nl/mirror/samba/stable/
---> Verifying checksum(s) for samba3
---> Extracting samba3
---> Configuring samba3
Error: Target org.macports.configure returned: configure failure: shell command " cd "/opt/local/var/macports/build/_Users_dancunningham_Documents_xbmc-port-depends-read-only_dports_net_samba3/work/samba-3.2.14/source" && ./configure --prefix=/opt/local --with-mandir=/opt/local/share/man --with-libdir=/opt/local/lib/samba3 --with-privatedir=/opt/local/var/db/smb --with-configdir=/opt/local/etc/samba3/ --with-swatdir=/opt/local/share/samba3/swat --with-readline=/opt/local --with-krb5=/usr --without-included-popt --without-readline --disable-cups " returned error 77
Command output: checking for sys/stat.h... yes
checking for stdlib.h... yes
checking for string.h... yes
checking for memory.h... yes
checking for strings.h... yes
checking for inttypes.h... yes
checking for stdint.h... yes
checking for unistd.h... yes
checking minix/config.h usability... no
checking minix/config.h presence... no
checking for minix/config.h... no
checking whether it is safe to define __EXTENSIONS__... yes
checking whether byte ordering is bigendian... no
checking for inline... inline
checking for C99 designated initializers... yes
checking for a BSD-compatible install... /usr/bin/install -c
checking for library containing strerror... none required
checking for special C compiler options needed for large files... no
checking for _FILE_OFFSET_BITS value needed for large files... no
checking standards.h usability... yes
checking standards.h presence... yes
checking for standards.h... yes
checking for long long... yes
checking size of int... 0
checking size of char... 0
checking size of short... 0
checking size of long... 0
checking size of long long... configure: error: in `/opt/local/var/macports/build/_Users_dancunningham_Documents_xbmc-port-depends-read-only_dports_net_samba3/work/samba-3.2.14/source':
configure: error: cannot compute sizeof (long long)
See `config.log' for more details.

Any help with this would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers, Dan
In xbmc-port-depends r5, davilla added to samba3 Portfile the mods that were previously described in the README.osx.
This includes forcing to build for 10.4.

As you tried to build for SL only, I guess that's a problem.
If you don't want to build universal against 10.4sdk, edit xbmc-port-depends-read-only/dports/net/samba3/Portfile and remove or comment out the following line:
configure.ldflags-append "-mmacosx-version-min=10.4 -isysroot /Developer/SDKs/MacOSX10.4u.sdk -Wl,-syslibroot,/Developer/SDKs/MacOSX10.4u.sdk"
xbmc.log: /Users/<username>/Library/Logs/xbmc.log
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
Thanks for that. I'm afraid I now I have a new error, still on Samba. Any light you could shed on this would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers, Dan

Error: Target org.macports.destroot returned: shell command "install_name_tool -change bin/libnetapi.dylib.0 /opt/local/lib/samba3/libnetapi.dylib -change bin/libsmbclient.dylib.0 /opt/local/lib/samba3/libsmbclient.dylib -change bin/libsmbsharemodes.dylib.0 /opt/local/lib/samba3/libsmbsharemodes.dylib -change bin/libtalloc.dylib.1 /opt/local/lib/samba3/libtalloc.dylib -change bin/libtdb.dylib.1 /opt/local/lib/samba3/libtdb.dylib -change bin/audit.dylib /opt/local/lib/samba3/vfs/audit.dylib -change bin/cap.dylib /opt/local/lib/samba3/vfs/cap.dylib -change bin/default_quota.dylib /opt/local/lib/samba3/vfs/default_quota.dylib -change bin/expand_msdfs.dylib /opt/local/lib/samba3/vfs/expand_msdfs.dylib -change bin/extd_audit.dylib /opt/local/lib/samba3/vfs/extd_audit.dylib -change bin/fake_perms.dylib /opt/local/lib/samba3/vfs/fake_perms.dylib -change bin/full_audit.dylib /opt/local/lib/samba3/vfs/full_audit.dylib -change bin/netatalk.dylib /opt/local/lib/samba3/vfs/netatalk.dylib -change bin/readahead.dylib /opt/local/lib/samba3/vfs/readahead.dylib -change bin/readonly.dylib /opt/local/lib/samba3/vfs/readonly.dylib -change bin/recycle.dylib /opt/local/lib/samba3/vfs/recycle.dylib -change bin/shadow_copy.dylib /opt/local/lib/samba3/vfs/shadow_copy.dylib -change bin/shadow_copy2.dylib /opt/local/lib/samba3/vfs/shadow_copy2.dylib -change bin/streams_xattr.dylib /opt/local/lib/samba3/vfs/streams_xattr.dylib -change bin/xattr_tdb.dylib /opt/local/lib/samba3/vfs/xattr_tdb.dylib -id /opt/local/lib/samba3/libsmbclient.dylib /opt/local/var/macports/build/_Users_dancunningham_Documents_xbmc-port-depends-read-only_dports_net_samba3/work/destroot/opt/local/lib/samba3/libsmbclient.dylib" returned error 1
Command output: install_name_tool: changing install names or rpaths can't be redone for: /opt/local/var/macports/build/_Users_dancunningham_Documents_xbmc-port-depends-read-only_dports_net_samba3/work/destroot/opt/local/lib/samba3/libsmbclient.dylib (for architecture i386) because larger updated load commands do not fit (the program must be relinked, and you may need to use -headerpad or -headerpad_max_install_names)
Start again, this time build exactly as stated with universal. Building native on 10.6 is still troublesome.

You will not see any difference building universal vs native. There is no advantage right now to building native.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
xbmc-port-depends build issue on Snow Leopard0