The best 90% stable setup?
Lightbulb 
Hi all fellow XBMC users...

I startet using XBMC about a year ago, starting off on the Windows platform.

I soon realised that there were no hardware accelerated videodecoding in XBMC for windows. My setup had problems playing 1080p video.

I then went buying a Geforce 9400gt card for my setup, and installed Ubuntu (Jaunty at that time). Just to mention, it's my first ever experience with Ubuntu.
I managed to get XBMC installed using the SVN PPA, and soon realised, that the VDPAU feature was amazing, resting the CPU at around 5-10% usage, and playing 1080p flawlessly.

About a week ago I desided to go with the Karmic Koala release og Ubuntu, and testing the XBMC newly Alpha 1 from the SVN PPA. I have started to experience some odd things now.

XBMC suddenly shutsdown when browsing movies.

I then desided to go with the Alpha 2 release located in the Karmic PPA, resulting in the same sad situation of a suddenly shutdown of XBMC.

I'm now wondering, if I would be better of going back to the Jaunty release of Ubuntu?

I'm looking for a 90% stable solution, I love to be in the frontline with new features, so i love the SVN PPA, and i know it may have som faults in it, but as long as the primary features works, that being movie library, music and video playback.

So I'm wondering if any of you out there having a 90% stable setup posting details about the Ubuntu version(if running ubuntu), the XBMC version, the XBMC PPA, XBMC build and so on?

A last desprate question would be, how is the Windows edition comming along with some kind of hardware accelerated video decoding? Is there a Windows platform solution offing that? Is there som work in progress?

I hope to gather some exiting configuration examples

(Last but not least, sorry for my somewhat poor english)
No inputs?
A bump after 4 hours is not going to make you many friends around here.
Sry... just being borred @ work... been here for 7 hours now, and stille have two more left... without having any thing to do at all Smile
The windows dxva work is coming along, but would definitely not be called 90% stable yet.

Perhaps a better thing to do is to turn on your debug logger and browse movies until XBMC shuts down. Then you could post your debug log here, and the nice (but occasionally grumpy) devs might be able to actually fix your specific problem.
natethomas Wrote:The windows dxva work is coming along, but would definitely not be called 90% stable yet.

Perhaps a better thing to do is to turn on your debug logger and browse movies until XBMC shuts down. Then you could post your debug log here, and the nice (but occasionally grumpy) devs might be able to actually fix your specific problem.

Okay... I will try enabling the debug logger

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
The best 90% stable setup?0