MCE, will XBMC 9.11: Alpha2 support MCE remote control
MCE remotes sends CTRL + Ship + Key commands, I read here in the forum that their are plans to implement this type of keys (ctrl+shift+key) in the keymap.xml

any news in alpha 2 ?

Can anyone confirm this will be integrated in the future or current releases ?

thanks.

Edit:
I just found this: http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid...hlight=MCE and clearly says: * Natively supports MCEUSB remotes so i decided to check it out. and it doesn't work, some keys does work but important keys such as "back" FF, RW and so on doesn't work.
is due to bug or me not using it right ? do i have to enable something in the settings ?

Edit2: i also found this: http://trac.xbmc.org/ticket/7442 it looks like this would solve the problem of MS MCE remote. but how i install the patch ? it supposed to be compatiable with 9.04 so i am not sure it will work on alpha 2, please anyone can confirm this ?
MCE support is native for Linux. Are you running Linux?

Native support for Windows looks like it might be scheduled for for an SVN shortly after the stable release of 9.11. A patch has been submitted, but it was either submitted or noticed after development was closed on new features.

I have no knowledge of the inner workings of the Mac branch.
I am running on Windows 7 ultimate 32bit.

Got it, so next SVN should solve this. OK Thanks.

Can i install the patch i mentioned above, and how to apply the patch in?
Until the modifications to the key map are added to XBMC I will continue to provide my modified version that correctly handles the MCE remote. Search the Windows specific forum for "mce remote" for the relevant threads.

JR
yes i encountered you post, thanks but your patch is for version 9.04 i wan't to use alpha2 because it has support for more than one display. can you release a patch for the alpha2 version ?
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid...mce+remote

I'm way ahead of you :-)

Beta 1 is imminent and I'll post in the Windows specific forum as soon as I've built my modified version of that.

JR
natethomas Wrote:MCE support is native for Linux. Are you running Linux?

Native support for Windows looks like it might be scheduled for for an SVN shortly after the stable release of 9.11. A patch has been submitted, but it was either submitted or noticed after development was closed on new features.

I have no knowledge of the inner workings of the Mac branch.

I find it a huge affirmation of the value of open source that MCE support is actually better in Linux than some of Microsoft's operating systems.
mce support for windows will be resolved after release.
the problem is windows have no native ir support, the remotes pretends to be a keyboard (which is POO beyond words). hence we need to add support for keymappings with modifiers. (play sends ctrl-alt-p and such things). there is a diff on trac to do just that.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
MCE, will XBMC 9.11: Alpha2 support MCE remote control0