[TV Shows] must be organized in folders?
Hi guys
I'm switching from Mediaportal to XBMC on vista and so far everything is ok except one thing that's bugging me

I used to put them all my TV shows in the same folder and Mediaportal's plugin MP|TV was able to sort them instantly

Now after the switch it seems that I absolutely need to put the shows in specific folders named after the show's name

I'm not lazy but naming and sorting all of my TV shows will take at least 5 hours
Any possible way to avoid this?

TYIA
Your going to have to give some examples of your current naming scheme if you want advice on this.
Having problems getting your TV shows recognized?

Try my extra TV show matching REGEX here
There is no particular naming scheme just the shows with their orignal names
here is a screen shot

I think the big reason you're gonna want folders is for storage of fanart and what not. You should take a look at TVRenamer, as it has lots of options for automating this process for you. You should be able to knock it out in under an hour with a little testing first.
Isn't the banners and fan arts stored in a separate database?
tol79 Wrote:Isn't the banners and fan arts stored in a separate database?

The basic artwork.... the banner(or poster) and thumb ARE stored in a separate database.... however:

1) It's nice to actually have these files stored side by side with the media file in case you ever lose your database, or the site from which the images where scraped ever dies... the scraper can find them easily if they are already side by side with your media and therefore doesn't need to scrape over the net.... PLUS, when you scrape over the net, often there are lots of choices for artwork. It's nice to have the choice first time, but thereafter, you don't want to have to keep choosing every time you rebuild the database.

2) Some additional art (like fanart) MUST be stored side by side with the media

3) It's just good practice anyway... since folders can have limits on the number of files, and other media types (like music) tend to be stored in folders too.
I hear you but to be honest here is what I do :
Each morning I select my shows using an RSS reader and tvnzb.com
Newsleecher dwnload/extract all of them to the same folder.
When I'm back at home I just fireup mediaportal and all the new shows are identified so I never felt like I need to sort all the mess inside that folder.
Now that I've switched to XBMC I need to sort my shows into separate folders for each show then again into separate folders for each season
AND overall I need to do this everyday when I'm back from work Sad
TV renamer could be the answear but I still need to make a new rule every time I download a new show

What r u guys doing to make the process as much smooth as possible?
If you're using Newsgroups I'd highly recommend Alt.Binz as that can use an RSS feed to check and download your favourite shows, plus it has the added bonus of extracting them to their own separate folders.
tol79 Wrote:I hear you but to be honest here is what I do :
Each morning I select my shows using an RSS reader and tvnzb.com
Newsleecher dwnload/extract all of them to the same folder.
When I'm back at home I just fireup mediaportal and all the new shows are identified so I never felt like I need to sort all the mess inside that folder.
Now that I've switched to XBMC I need to sort my shows into separate folders for each show then again into separate folders for each season
AND overall I need to do this everyday when I'm back from work Sad
TV renamer could be the answear but I still need to make a new rule every time I download a new show

What r u guys doing to make the process as much smooth as possible?

Its better to put every show in his own folder. Then u can use some of Arts like clearArt or ur own funart. RSS u can use even u have tv shows in folders. U can even make all automatic.
For explain uTorrent:
Add rss feed and put ur favorite show in rss downloader. There u can chose/make rules for each show. U can chose folder where tv show will be moved after dl is finished. When u make rules for each show ... utorrent will automatically dl ur show when it came in rss feeds. And when u came from work XBMC will tell u witch shows r new in his database Wink

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[TV Shows] must be organized in folders?0