TV Show scraping issue
I've figured this one out, but wanted to document in case others have the problem, or in case developers think it merits a bug report.

If you have downloaded meta-data (e.g. nfo, generated by Media Companion) at the "Series" level in your TV show hierarchy, but NOT at the Season level, you can't view the episodes in library view.

It appears that XBMC will assume that you have nfo and image information for each of the Seasons, since it founded in the top folder, so it won't both scanning. If you delete the top level folder, it will scan for everything, and it works just fine.

I'm running into this issue as I migrate from mythtv. But I could see it happening to others. For instance, if you used Media Companion to scrape your info for a show, generating locally stored files, thumbnails, etc, but at a later point added a new season, XBMC would not scan for the the meta-data on the new season files, and therefore they'd never be browseable in library mode unless you re-ran Media Companion to scrape local files for that season as well.

Hope this is useful to someone.

Newbie to this program, but it's fantastic. Thanks to everyone who worked to make it so!
It's probably because mediacompanion is not handling the episodeguideurl tag correctly and if so it's a known issue.

This is one of the reasons I wouldn't touch one of these nfo generators with a 10' pole.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
sho Wrote:It's probably because mediacompanion is not handling the episodeguideurl tag correctly and if so it's a known issue.

This is one of the reasons I wouldn't touch one of these nfo generators with a 10' pole.

Interesting.....I have a problem with XBMC finding additional thumbs / fanarts for movies that I first run through nfo generator / thumb grabber....(I use XMM)

If I feed the movie straight to XBMC it correctly scrapes many additional images, but if I feed XBMC the movie with nfo pre-generated by XMM, it won't find any more images....I'm very interested to hear that this may be an inherent flaw in the pre-creation of nfos offered by all those supplemental tools...

(The reason I am so keen on using one however, is to keep my genres straight....I hate the multitude of uneditable genres that otherwise get populated in my XBMC library, so my thinking was to keep that in check)....

I guess if what you're saying is true I may have to import into XBMC directly and then edit afterwards with something like XBNE....

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
TV Show scraping issue0