[AppleTV] Library Problem with Multi-part Videos Having Over 4 Parts
Hey! My system for ripping my DVDs for use on the AppleTV is to rip with DVDShrink and then use VOB2MPG PRO to convert the VOB files to MPG. If a DVD has a lot of separate extras, I like to use the -CD# naming convention so I can stack the videos and avoid running into multiple entries when I scan to the Movie library.

I've noticed that for a few titles I have, some of the extra parts are showing up as duplicates after scanning to the library. I finally realized that this is only happening to titles that have more than four -CD# parts. In other words, only parts 5 and above show as duplicates in the library. It occurred to me that this may be by design so I dug around in the XBMC online manual and found this setting that may be used in Advancedsettings.xml:

Code:
<moviestacking>
    <!-- cd/dvd/part/pt/disk/disc [0] <1-4|a-d> -->
    <regexp>(.*?)([ _.-]?(?:cd|dvd|p(?:ar)t|dis[ck])[ _.-]*0?[1-4a-d])(.*?)(\.[^.]+)$</regexp>
    <!-- movienamea-xvid.avi, movienameb-xvid.avi -->
    <regexp>(.*?)([ ._-]?[a-d])([ ._-]?.*?)(\.[^.]+)$</regexp>
  </moviestacking>

Now, I'm not a programmer, but it looked like I could make a simple change (4 to 9; d to i) to make XBMC see up to 9 parts as a single movie for the library this way:

Code:
<moviestacking>
    <!-- cd/dvd/part/pt/disk/disc [0] <1-9|a-i> -->
    <regexp>(.*?)([ _.-]?(?:cd|dvd|p(?:ar)t|dis[ck])[ _.-]*0?[1-9a-i])(.*?)(\.[^.]+)$</regexp>
    <regexp>(.*?)([ ._-]?[a-i])([ ._-]?.*?)(\.[^.]+)$</regexp>
  </moviestacking>

When I tried adding this to Advancedsettings.xml, rebooting and then re-scanning, every part of multi-part videos showed up separately in the Movie library. Whoops!

Does anyone have any advice for how I can achieve my goal? Here are the contents of an example folder, the movie Visioneers. The main movie is -CD1, with the DVD extras being -CD2, -CD3, -CD4, -CD5 and -CD6:

folder.jpg
Visioneers.SDDVD-CD1.mpg
Visioneers.SDDVD-CD1.nfo
Visioneers.SDDVD-CD1.tbn
Visioneers.SDDVD-CD1-fanart.jpg
Visioneers.SDDVD-CD1-trailer.mpg
Visioneers.SDDVD-CD2.mpg
Visioneers.SDDVD-CD3.mpg
Visioneers.SDDVD-CD4.mpg
Visioneers.SDDVD-CD5.mpg
Visioneers.SDDVD-CD6.mpg

In the above case, after scanning, one entry in the library plays as the first four files stacked (the main movie and the first three extras) and there are two additional duplicate entries in the Movie library for the -CD5 and -CD6 files.
Here's some additional information I discovered while messing around. My normal method of scanning is the enter the Movie library, bring up the context menu and select Update Library.

Taking a different tack, I removed Visioneers from the Movie library. Next, I went into file mode (Videos) and hit Info on the Visioneers folder. This had the effect of adding the movie to the library. Going back into the Movie library, I noticed that Visioneers is listed again, but without duplicates this time. Clicking play, though, still only queues up the first four files in the video stack.
I don't know, I tried the same thing and it worked fine. Here is what is in my advancedsettings.xml file.

Code:
<moviestacking>
        <!-- cd/dvd/part/pt/disk/disc [0] <1-9|a-i> -->
        <regexp>(.*?)([ _.-]?(?:cd|dvd|p(?:ar)t|dis[ck])[ _.-]*0?[1-9a-i])(.*?)(\.[^.]+)$</regexp>
        <regexp>(.*?)([ ._-]?[a-i])([ ._-]?.*?)(\.[^.]+)$</regexp>
    </moviestacking>
I thought maybe the problem was with the Library, so I deleted the database and thumbs and rescanned and I still got duplicate entries for all files, -CD2 and up, with this change. Should I naming the files differently or something? I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong here...
Okay, I finally got this working. I noticed that in File mode, my multi-part movies weren't stacking. I figured that there might just be too much going on in that advancedsettings.xml, so I trimmed it down to this:

Code:
<moviestacking>
    <regexp>(.*?)([.]?(?:CD)[-]*0?[1-9])(.*?)(\.[^.]+)$</regexp>
  </moviestacking>

Since I only use -CD#, I thought I would give this a shot and it works! The movies stack correctly in file mode and all of the parts scan to the Library as one stacked file. Perfect!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[AppleTV] Library Problem with Multi-part Videos Having Over 4 Parts0