iso file and MPC HC as external player
Hi all,

I would like to know the command line that has to be set up into playercorefactory.xml and advancedsetting.xml in order to play iso files with MPC HC.

the objectif is to mount iso file into a virtual drive automatically, then that windows launch automatically MPC HC when it detect this new dvd.

Could you please help me ?

Thanks a lot
up
PLease, someone can help me ?
This is beyond the parameters of the regular XBMC install and so no dev is likely to help. With that said, why are you using an external player for an ISO? Even the crappiest CPU should be able to handle Mpeg2 vob files.
neuk34 Wrote:Hi all,

I would like to know the command line that has to be set up into playercorefactory.xml and advancedsetting.xml in order to play iso files with MPC HC.

the objectif is to mount iso file into a virtual drive automatically, then that windows launch automatically MPC HC when it detect this new dvd.

Thanks a lot

I followed this thread: http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthread.php?t=1185529 and it is working like a charm. Here you can do a copy-paste to update playercorefactory.xml, and it also tells you what you need to install (clonedvd etc).
natethomas Wrote:This is beyond the parameters of the regular XBMC install and so no dev is likely to help. With that said, why are you using an external player for an ISO? Even the crappiest CPU should be able to handle Mpeg2 vob files.
(I use the internal player for DVD ISOs)

Well, for starters, what about upscaling and postprocessing options? FFDSHOW allows for both functions to be implemented at very high quality levels. XBMC is back to just bicubic resizing and no postprocessing.

While I'm a fan of HD material, people with a huge DVD collection have a mean to add value to their collection with good upscaling and postprocessing.
Thanks for all information.

I followed the link and evrything goes good !
To launch BR iso, I just have to launch a macro (CTRL+D then Enter)
It's magic. Wink
(2009-11-30, 13:27)astensland Wrote:
neuk34 Wrote:Hi all,

Thanks a lot

I followed this thread: http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthread.php?t=1185529 and it is working like a charm. Here you can do a copy-paste to update playercorefactory.xml, and it also tells you what you need to install (clonedvd etc).

Hi Newk34,

Could you please share your playercorefactory.xml ? I have spent two nights to try but did not work.

Thanks
(2019-06-18, 16:54)Tri p Wrote: Could you please share your playercorefactory.xml ? I have spent two nights to try but did not work.
This is an ancient thread (ten years old!). Just copy out the one in External players (wiki) and have a look here https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=209596

BTW: why are you using an external player anyway, Kodi has been refined to the point most people use the built in player. Still want to use an external player and having bad luck, post a proper debug log to a public pastebin and link that URL back to this thread.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
iso file and MPC HC as external player0