Acer running Beta 1. No VDPAU?
May i suggest you guys just compile your own build? There is a nice guide in the wiki. It worked well for me updating the alpha2 livecd to SVN. Just make sure to ./configure --prefix=/usr, otherwise you will have two instances running. My 24899 build from yesterday (post beta2) def. has VDPAU enabled.
It's also up on the regular ppa now (for about 6 hours).

Can anyone confirm if vdpua is working in beta1 from the regular ppa?
Hmm... when I try to update it still says I have the latest version... I'm pretty new to linux and command line interfaces, what am I missing?

--
Francis
I upgraded from regular ppa this morning and have vdpua. NO problems to report so far and new skin is real purty..
jmarshall Wrote:r24896 isn't beta 1 for a start.
Which build is beta 1? I got build r24896 when I upgraded to what claimed to be beta 1 from the XBMC Karmic PPA.

Now the VDPAU option is gone. Worked fine on alpha 2 PPA.
Hardware: AMD Athlon64 X2 5050e / Gigabyte GA-MA78GM-S2H / GeForce GT 520 / Silverstone Grandia GD02
Software: XBMCBuntu Frodo Rc3
I updated from the jaunty svn repo i have always used and got beta 1, the skin looks loverly.

ufortunately lost all my settings and library though Sad
yeah I'm wondeirng which PP we should be using? I've tried both listed in the PP sticky thread and I keep getting the same r24896 build with Vdpau missing.
Qroach Wrote:yeah I'm wondeirng which PP we should be using? I've tried both listed in the PP sticky thread and I keep getting the same r24896 build with Vdpau missing.

i just installed from https://edge.launchpad.net/~team-xbmc/+a...jaunty-ppa

vdpua is working.
just updated to the new karmic PPA version, beta 1 and same problem as many more.
no vdpau Sad
Paranormal Wrote:just updated to the new karmic PPA version, beta 1 and same problem as many more.
no vdpau Sad

maybe its just the version posted on the karmic ppa?
yeah it seems vdpau was leftout of the karmic PPA for some reason... we're going to have to wait for someone to make a new PPA build for it I guess.
Is there any way to get the Jaunty build? Would that work with Karmic?

I'm pretty new to this stuff, so forgive me if this is a dumb question.

--
Francis
same prob, no vdpau.

i used alpha2 before, how to get back to that one ?
ynwa
Could you please say which version of Ubuntu you are using? Jaunty, Karmic, etc. Seems there is a mixed result.
I upgraded on Jaunty with no problems.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Acer running Beta 1. No VDPAU?2