Acer running Beta 1. No VDPAU?
I'm running Karmic and I do not see VDPAU. According to others in this thread and elsewhere, the Karmic build lacks VDPAU support.

--
Francis
I'm trying to build new karmic packages. Keep you updated!
not to worry, a little patience usually does the trick Smile
But until then it no worky!

Wink

--
Francis
Same here, used the new karmic PPA to upgrade to B1 and no VDPAU available (only software, basic and advanced shaders)
We're tracking the problem - seems there's an issues with the build dependencies on karmic at least (conflicting headers/libs) which is meaning VDPAU is being disabled in the build.

As soon as it's fixed we'll let you know.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

gekados Wrote:same prob, no vdpau.

i used alpha2 before, how to get back to that one ?

This is the second request in 24 hours I've seen for this...did you try searching? I just posted how to do this in another thread, do a search for my name.
Board: Zotac ION-A-U Case: M350 Mini ITX Memory: 4GB Patriot PC6400 OS: XBMC on OpenELEC.tv build 6936 on a Corsair 32GB SSD Media Storage: W2K8 running on 14TB RAID 5 on an Asrock board w/ AMD Athlon X2 250 and PERC 6/I controller w/ 8 Samsung HD204UI Green drives Time to interface from power switch: 22.4 seconds.
Sorry for cross posting, (i just cant resist since you all are perfect kandidates for my question), but have any of you who now have upgraded to the version that doesn't enable vdpau tried using spotify on your htpc? Because I have, with a setup where where all media goes from mye Acer Revo to my mediasenter via a HDMI cable. Now for some reason, xbmc seems to be overwriting my alsa settings so that with every other update from the svn-xbmc ppa my spotify stops working.. Anybody experience this as well? FYI its working with the 9.11 beta 1.

And a big high five to the xbmc developers, you guys are freaking heros.
Evanrich Wrote:This is the second request in 24 hours I've seen for this...did you try searching? I just posted how to do this in another thread, do a search for my name.

Yes I found out how to remove xbmc all toghether in another thread. Sorry for asking without doing proper research first.
ynwa
just for clarification, it seems that this isn't present in the other builds, such as jaunty, from the comments I've read....can anyone clarify for sure? I'm about to try upgrading tonight w/ Jaunty...would like to know prior as I've already been bitten by the bad build bug before Smile
Board: Zotac ION-A-U Case: M350 Mini ITX Memory: 4GB Patriot PC6400 OS: XBMC on OpenELEC.tv build 6936 on a Corsair 32GB SSD Media Storage: W2K8 running on 14TB RAID 5 on an Asrock board w/ AMD Athlon X2 250 and PERC 6/I controller w/ 8 Samsung HD204UI Green drives Time to interface from power switch: 22.4 seconds.
I just ran "sudo apt-get update" then "sudo apt-get upgrade" and its installing 9.11~beta1~karmic2. Hopefully this will fix the VDPAU bug. I'll post when i've checked it out.
Yes! Working now, thank you
updated to the Karmic2 build and VDPAU seems to be working now. Yay!

--
Francis
Yup, upgraded to the new build and VDPAU is available now Smile
VDPAU is present in the jaunty build, as I upgraded last night and played a 1080p movie (on my Acer Revo, so it must have been working Wink )

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Acer running Beta 1. No VDPAU?2