All Python Scripts Failing!
Ive seen a lot of posts and threads on this but no answers after 2 hours hutning them all!

So the error is:

"PYTHON SCRIPT FAILED: SPECIAL://HOME/PLUGINS/VIDEO/...." ETC ETC

None work except the IPLAYER !!

Why oh why...for hours Ive hunted and can find nothing.

All help MUCH appreciated!
Go to settings and turn on debugging. Restart XBMC. Try running some scripts so they show the error. Find xbmc.log and upload the contents of it to a pastebin site. Look at my signature for more information.

The error is just a generic error and doesn't say why it isn't working, just that it isn't. The debug log will provide much more information as to why it isn't working.
When posting about a problem please submit a debug log to give you the best chance at getting an answer. It's easy, painless, and helps provide necessary information.
perhaps a proper Debug Log would be in place..

*takes out his pshycic powers* you are running a macbook with faulty memory and windows 3.11 (j/k)
Sorry folks...I am new to XBMC and bug reporting etc...my bad!

Running XBMC on PC, hopefully this paste bin entry below is what you need (it is straight from my XBMC log):

http://pastebin.com/m519f50ab

As you can see, none of the python scripts work at all !

Note: the BBC Iplayer DOES work tho (actually, it works for everything except streaming live tv - the rest of it works fine!)

Cheers...for all help!
"HTTP Error 404: Site or Page Not Found" from the scripts not working, this means either that the site has changed its structure or there is a problem with your network, but pasting a url from the Debug Log to gametrailers gave me a 404, so its more likely the site has changed in structure and the script cannot parse it.
blittan Wrote:"HTTP Error 404: Site or Page Not Found" from the scripts not working, this means either that the site has changed its structure or there is a problem with your network, but pasting a url from the Debug Log to gametrailers gave me a 404, so its more likely the site has changed in structure and the script cannot parse it.

Cheers Blittan...I appreciate the help.

I think it must be script related as its the same PC (with web access) I use now thus, it cannot be the network or web connection.

Somebody previously suggested it was to do with the way the python links were being passed (not being readable due to wrong characters)...is this possible too? Otherwise, these scripts wouldnt work for anyone - that said, you guys will know a heap more than me!! Just a wee thought in case.

Again, thanks for your help!
my guess is the scripts are fine, just outdated since the websites have changed their structure
blittan Wrote:my guess is the scripts are fine, just outdated since the websites have changed their structure

I used the SVN installer to get them scripts but perhaps I'll remove them all, then try downloading fresh from the website then, see what happens?

As I say, many others seem to be having joy with these so, I think I'l lgive it a try!

Cheers Big Grin

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
All Python Scripts Failing!0