"Watched" view for movies
Sometimes I would like to browse through all the movies I have watched.

Currently XBMC has a "hide watched" feature, but there is no way to "hide unwatched"

Any chance of adding this as a toggled option to "hide watched", or implementing that sort another way?

Thanks!
Use a smartplaylist.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

Thanks for the suggestion - Of course that would work, but wouldn't be as elegant as simply toggling between show all, hide watched, and hide unwatched...

IMO of course Smile
I suspect MOST people on a day to day basis don't care what they have watched. They'd much rather choose something they haven't watched.

Thus, we make it slightly more difficult to show watched movies. Only slightly, ofcourse - it's probably around the same number of "clicks" on the remote.

Cheers,
Jonathan
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.

Yeah, no worries on that one then....just thought that many might appreciate that - but maybe I'm a bit strange in my browsing habits. If I'm with friends or something I just quite often want to look through the movies I know I really like....but not a big deal I know Smile

Now the other feature I just suggested would make a much bigger difference to my life, and I think to many others....any thoughts on that one (despite your scorn for the TV show behind the initial query if you remember what that was!) haha...

Cheers,

Kian
Hmmm...sorry to dig this up, but until now I hadn't actually tried to browse my "watched" collection using a smart playlist.

The closest I could get was using the playlist field - however many of my movies have simply been "marked as watched" via the context menu but never actually played in XBMC.

Any way to include these in the smartplaylist?

I really want to be able to browse through my "keeper" collection and right now I can't figure out a way.....

(Sorry if there's an easy solution and I'm being thick!)
Hi, I did some testing and it seems that something is borked with it. I'm gonna test it some more and check the logs.

did a:
SELECT *
FROM files
WHERE playCount > 0 AND idFile in (SELECT idFile FROM movie)

which should give the same results as a smart playlist that has the condition "playcount is greater than 0". In sqlitespy this query returns nothing as it should as all files has either 0 or null as a playcount. In XBMC the result are the opposite, all movies are returned.

Edit: these are what I belive are the relevent lines in the log:
Code:
18:34:42 T:5008 M:1399451648   DEBUG: CGUIMediaWindow::GetDirectory (special://profile/playlists/video/test.xsp)
18:34:42 T:5008 M:1399451648   DEBUG:   ParentPath = [special://videoplaylists/]
18:34:42 T:5008 M:1399451648   DEBUG: CVideoDatabase::GetSetsNav query: select sets.idSet,sets.strSet,count(1),count(files.playCount) from sets join setlinkmovie on sets.idSet=setlinkmovie.idSet join movie on setlinkmovie.idMovie=movie.idMovie join files on files.idFile=movie.idFile  where movie.idMovie in (select movieview.idMovie from movieview WHERE ('1')) group by sets.idSet
18:34:42 T:5008 M:1399451648   DEBUG: CVideoDatabase::GetMoviesByWhere query: select * from movieview WHERE ('1') and movieview.idmovie NOT in (select idmovie from setlinkmovie)
18:34:42 T:5008 M:1399451648   DEBUG: Time for actual SQL query = 5
18:34:42 T:5008 M:1399353344   DEBUG: Time to retrieve movies from dataset = 41
18:34:42 T:4368 M:1399336960   DEBUG: thread start, auto delete: 0
18:34:42 T:4368 M:1399226368   DEBUG: Thread 4368 terminating
Doesn't say anything about playCount > 0...

here's the full log:
http://pastebin.com/m109987ad
  • Livingroom - C2D E8400, P5N7A-VM on a Samsung 46" LE46M86 FullHD via HDMI
  • Kitchen - ASRock 330 HT Displayed on a Samsung Lapfit 22" dual touch screen LD220Z
  • Bedroom - LG Laptop on a 32" tv
Thanks for the heads up. Fixed in r25601.

Thanks, but doesn't this fix still require a file to actually have been palyed within XBMC in order to show up in a "watched" playlist.

Many of my movies have never been viewed in XMBC but I have manually "marked as watched" via the context menu.
Mark as watched sets the playcount to something > 0

ah...thanks!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
"Watched" view for movies0