[MOD] Fanart and more
First post updated with megaupload links.
Downloaded them via Megaupload, thanks for the links and great work greatant1337!

If possible could you help me with my problems?

1. On Games, the fanart works great for N64, snes and gameboy but when I move over to xbox, nes or mastersystem there is no fanart. I have done the same steps for the others but still nothing??

2. On wall view most thumbs apprear but when scrolling down some dissappear, even the ones that did appear at the top originally.

Any help would be appretiated!

Thanks in advance
mar00n Wrote:1. On Games, the fanart works great for N64, snes and gameboy but when I move over to xbox, nes or mastersystem there is no fanart. I have done the same steps for the others but still nothing??

2. On wall view most thumbs apprear but when scrolling down some dissappear, even the ones that did appear at the top originally.
1. The only problems can be naming problems. The skin is only looking at the title of the XBE/CUT displayed within XBMC then adding .jpg and looking in /userdata/thumbnails/programs/fanart/

2. This is a lack of memory problem. You should remove the <thumb> section from your CUT files, place your thumbnail TBNs (renamed jpg/png) with your CUT files and name them the same as the CUT. This will cache your thumbnails and allow you to display a lot more. You can delete the TBNs once they're cached.
Eg.
Mario Kart 64.cut
Mario Kart 64.tbn

Read through this thread if you have trouble caching the thumbnails. If you haven't already you should resize all your fanart to avoid other memory problems.
Sorry, I didnt explain 1 correctly. Its the fanart for the individual options I have created by adding them.

for example, I went into programs, add source - F:/Apps/N64( contains all my n64 cuts). did same for Gameboy and Super Nintendo. Then added F:/Apps/Xbox (contains all my xbox rips)

This is what my games/programs folder looks like:

Nintendo 64(fanart by highlighting)
Gameboy(fanart by highlighting)
Super Nintendo (fanart by highlighting)

Xbox(no fanart Sad )
Sega Gamegear (no fanart Sad )

Program Plugins (dont care)
Add Source (dont care)

This make sense?
I see what you're saying. Still the code works the same way, grabs whatever Title is displayed/hi-lighted adds .jpg and goes looking in the fanart directory. If it finds it it displays it.

Have you resized all your fanart? I've had times when fanart wouldn't show because I was out of memory.
Gonna give it a try. Found an old xbox in a skip so i'm going to upgrade the ram on mine. I like hi-res thumbs you see :p
Fantastic, all works great now. Looks the business. You know you should do this mod for other skins if its possible. Would look great!

Again, thanks for the mod and keep up the good work man!
Have anywhere a Download link for this mod !
I will it have for my Xbox

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[MOD] Fanart and more1