• 3(current)
No video with XBMC 9.11-b1 [log posted]
I'm new to this of XBMC, first time you use it, this newly installed, I have Win 7 Ult. x86 and when I play a movie / series is. avi or. mkv does not show the video, hear audio, see the captions, I can forward and backward, stop and pause the video, but does not show it, which might be this. ?? Huh

Ej:

Hi,
It's my first post and unfortunately I need your help. I have installed XBMC 9.11:Camelot on my computer and now I'm having a problem. No one movie shows properly. A voice is OK but the only what I can see is white screen (doesn't matter what kind of movie standard avi, rmvb etc). Previouse version works fine, but unfortunately I need this one as it supports UltraStar Karaoke Lyrics Format Wink
My configuration is:hp compaq d530, Gforce4 MX4000, winXP. The computer works as a MediaCenter and it is directly connected to the Sharp LCD (DVI->HDMI)

On my other computers it works properly without any problems and even more I've noticed the newest version works much more efficient with rmvb files.

Do yo have any ideas why it doesn't work?

BTW. Happy New Year to All of You !!!
Regards
Imperialista

Yeah - It was too late to me when I posted this :-( . That was the reason I've created new topic whilest the problem exists and was described. Thanks to admin for moving to the correct track
Since XBMC switched to DirectX, whenever I start a video and XBMC goes from the GUI to the video, I get a black screen for a few seconds, and when it comes back my TV says HDMI 1 - it's as if while the video starts the video-card connection goes away...

Same thing when the video ends and it goes back to the GUI

Any ideas?
Kodi: Kodi 17.4, with Transparency!
50 TB Unraid Server: Docker Apps: SABnzbd, Sickrage, mariaDB
HTPC: Win10 (cause Steam), i7, GTX 1080
Watching on: Panasonic TC65-PS64 with lowend Sony 5.1 HTIB
Other devices: rMBP 15", MBA 13", nvidia shield
clock2113 Wrote:Since XBMC switched to DirectX, whenever I start a video and XBMC goes from the GUI to the video, I get a black screen for a few seconds, and when it comes back my TV says HDMI 1 - it's as if while the video starts the video-card connection goes away...

Same thing when the video ends and it goes back to the GUI

Any ideas?

It's likely due to the refresh rate changing and the tv is detecting a 'new' signal. My Sony LCD does the same thing.
-stoli-
Ah I guess I got merged with a thread about a different issue... anyways, any idea how to get the refresh rate to stay the same?
Kodi: Kodi 17.4, with Transparency!
50 TB Unraid Server: Docker Apps: SABnzbd, Sickrage, mariaDB
HTPC: Win10 (cause Steam), i7, GTX 1080
Watching on: Panasonic TC65-PS64 with lowend Sony 5.1 HTIB
Other devices: rMBP 15", MBA 13", nvidia shield
is there really no way to resolve this issue besides going back to an older stable version i upgraded yesterday i get the same white screen no video since going to 9.11
Thumbs Down 
Same here on my Windows setup.

I've uninstalled until it gets fixed Blush
Here is a bugtracker ticket for this problem:
http://trac.xbmc.org/ticket/7496

Unfortunatelly it is on status "NEW" for about 2 months now. I hope any of the developers is actually aware of it!

And the title of that bug report ("Black and White video for DX version") is also not quite correct any more. Looks like before Camelot Alpha 1 the problem was black and white rendering of videos, but for final Camelot it is all white (and for some users even all black) rendering of the video pane.

Cheers, Jörg.
i think i can shed some light on the problems cause, but im not sure if will be fixed by the devs...

during the alpha and beta stages, i tested a version of xbmc for windows, and got the white screen only during playabck, after some help from the devs, i found that hardware directx support on the offending gfx cards was not available, and that recent submissions to the code had removed software emulation of this code.

after the next rls of the beta, the video playback returned again, but with the final beta and the final camelot rls, this software emulation seems to have been removed.

hope this may help?
Dam0
Put this in the ticket above. I'm not sure which code you mean but maybe elupus will know. Also mention the revision when this happened will help.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
Experiencing the same issue on:

IBM T40
1.4 centrino
ATI radeon mobility 7500 32mb
Windows XP sp3

white screen once video starts
Hi, this is my first post ever...

I'm also having a white screen when I try to play videos after I updated to Camelot. The thumbnail is fine though. Audio is good. 9.04 runs fine. Reinstalled XP and it also didn't work before or after all the updates.

Camelot works wonderfully on my main computer (Vista, Core 2 Duo, Geforce 8600GTS, 4 GB RAM) but the white screen issue happens on the living room with the HTPC computer I've put together with old parts (runs 9.04 perfectly, XP).

Btw, I'm a huuuge XBMC fan Big Grin and have been using it for some time. I sincerely appreciate the effort of all the programmers!!!
Exclamation 
Hi Folks,
I´m also running my XBMC on a Toshiba Laptop with a Nvidia 420 Go Graphic Card.
Everything works fine except the movie / video section. I`m also getting a white screen with perfekt sound.
I realy hope tis bug can be fixed very soon. Huh

System:
Centrino 1,4 Mz, 2GB RAM, WINX XP SP3, DirectX 9.0c
Hi got a white screen when trying to play video. Thumbnails work fine.

my xbmc is the latest stable version 9.11: Camelot.

r26017 compiled 23.12.009

to be exact

System
acer Travelmate 4000,
Mobile Intel Pentium M 705, 1500 MHz
2 GB Ram
windows xp sp3

mit
Grafikkarte Intel® 82852/82855 GM/GME Graphics Controller (64 MB)
directx 9.0c
direct3Dversion 6.14.10.3762
res: 1024x768@60 Hz
Just thought I'd chime in, having the same issue with 9.11 Camelot - white screen instead of video, audio OK, control overlays OK. 9.04 works fine on the same system (9.04 and 9.11 installed to different directories).

System is a HP D530 (3.0GHz P4 with Intel Extreme Graphics 2 [Intel 865G chipset]). DXDiag reports all OK (DirectX version 9.0c).

I'm not too concerned with a fix in a hurry though, I've got an ASRock ION330 on the way, so I can use 9.04 until then. Smile
  • 3(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
No video with XBMC 9.11-b1 [log posted]2